my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » i fucking HATE the yankees (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: i fucking HATE the yankees
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2001 22:11      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good god almighty, can they frickin lose already? I am so sick of them and all their super "fans". Everybody is a fan, even more now since they're "winning for NYC". argh! LOSE! Randy Johnson will take you down in game 6,

BTW, i'm a lifelong mets fan. They steal all our spotlight, no matter how good we do. It's annoying.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2001 22:45      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i find it VERY weird that the diamondbacks are playing the yankees.
gross, tucson sports...
i always kind of thought of them as a "just there but not really" team. surprise surprise.

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zach

Member # 47

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2001 22:53      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i also despise the yankees.

--------------------
When you close your eyes are you satisfied?
When this is all over there will be nothing left.

Posts: 95 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2001 23:48      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
why has it become "cool" to wear yankees shit? here in australia less than 1% of the population would know/care about baseball, but there seems to be an awful lot of kids decked out in yankees gear. crazy.

i hate the yankees for 2 reasons:
a) they remind me of fred durst
b) they joined or were planning on joining forces with Manchester Utd to become some kind of crazy merchandise powerhouse. and everyone knows that Man Utd are the scum of the earth.

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 07:38      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Living in NYC is weird... you have your die-hard Mets fans who hate all Yankees fans, and then the Yankees fans who hate the Mets fans. People even walk around wearing t-shirts that say "My favorite baseball team is anyone who beats the Yankees", or something of the sort. It's insane... during the subway series, my brother and my dad were at each other's throats the entire time because my dad likes the Mets and my brother likes the Yankees. I think it's the same way with the Rangers/Islanders fans and the Giants/Jets fan. Having two teams in the same sport in one city can be brutal.

Then you have the small percentile of people like myself who don't care about sports at all, and quite frankly don't understand all these rivalries. Eh... I guess I'll never understand.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 08:06      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then you have the small percentile of people like myself who don't care about sports at all, and quite frankly don't understand all these rivalries. Eh... I guess I'll never understand. --- One Girl Army

Although I do like sports I'm with you on the whole rivalry thing...I think that healthy competition is great but when it gets away from the pure enjoyment of playing the game then it ruins everything...

Play for the love of the game...not for the money or the prestige or for the bragging rights...fuck all that...

And for those "die-hard fans" in the stands that can't take it when a better team beats yours:

It's just a game.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 08:07      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ACK!

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 08:33      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
by Barrie:
People even walk around wearing t-shirts that say "My favorite baseball team is anyone who beats the Yankees"

For real? Where can I get one of these??

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 09:04      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Walter Sobchek:
For real? Where can I get one of these??

I don't know, I just saw someone on the train wearing it once. I thought it was funny.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
lost_astronaut

Member # 28

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 10:49      Profile for lost_astronaut   Author's Homepage   Email lost_astronaut   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
there is only one solution for this: dismantle the yankees.

--------------------
this is a cave in.

Posts: 74 | From: santa monica, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 10:50      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just plain out hate baseball.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 12:09      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
at basically any sporting event in mass you can get a "yankees suck" shirt. i went to a BU hockey game last year and they were selling them.
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 13:02      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
arizona diamondbacks.. tuscon sports? im confused...

ALTHOUGH... apparently the Phoenix Cardinals changed thier name to Arizona Cardinals because Tuscon felt excluded (awww boo hoo) and so when the baseball franchise came around, theyd just sidestep the whole problem from the start and name the team Arizona. Apparently nobody in arizona really cares about hockey or basketball, or a fuss would be made about the suns and the coyotes.

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 13:17      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Guapo Vandal:
Apparently nobody in arizona really cares about hockey or basketball, or a fuss would be made about the suns and the coyotes.

no one cares about hockey...but almost ALL of tucson cares about basketball (college).
there are all of those silly stands on every corner selling final four shirts, or whatever.

im not sure why im replying in a SPORTS post. im not such a fan.

--------------------
~Erica

El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 14:58      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
its funny, my hated of the yankees supersedes my general apathy towards baseball. hell, i hate the yankees almost as much as i hate manyoo.

--------------------
i hate you.

thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 19:54      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i proudly supported my Yankees Suck, Jeter Swallows shirt in school today despite them winning last night. they can win or lose, but the yankees will always suck!......sox in 02

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 20:35      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thechaostheory:
i proudly supported my Yankees Suck, Jeter Swallows shirt in school today despite them winning last night. they can win or lose, but the yankees will always suck!......sox in 02

where'd you get that shirt?

ZoE1084

Member # 21

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 20:47      Profile for ZoE1084   Author's Homepage   Email ZoE1084   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my friend absolutely hates the yankees, but yet he still watches every one of their games. he claims its cuz hes "a fan of baseball in general", but he just bitches after they win every game. if you dont like them, then dont watch them...its pretty simple. dont spend all this effort on hating something. dont just watch them just to diss them..i dont get people sometimes..
Posts: 104 | From: DC area. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2001 07:28      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike:

where'd you get that shirt?

At a yankees red sox game in boston. you can get them at http://www.ny-sucks.com though i believe

--------------------

Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2001 08:10      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dammit. The merchandise link to that ny-sucks page wasn't loading for me. It better be temporary buy outs or something, cause I need one of those shirts.

--------------------

thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2001 08:42      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
damn, its still not working? it hasnt been working for awhile now, i just posted it in hope that it would work. you can find other shirts, but none as good as my jeter swallows one!

--------------------

the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2001 10:17      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i really don't like baseball at all. and about the yankees, they are one of those teams that you either love or you despise. i've never heard anyone say, "yeah the yankees are alright." it's either "oh my god i hate that fucking team!" or "hell yeah the yankees are the best sports team ever!" i personally don't like baseball so i don't even know what's going on.

to me, pro sports have gotten very boring, except for soccer (english premier league and serie a). most of the players are in it for the enormous paychecks and glory. i love college sports, especially college basketball. i don't think you can get any better than a Duke/UNC game. oh yeah, and what's with you guys hating Man. U? you're just mad because they beat basically everyone they play...heheh.

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dan(ny)zig

Member # 81

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2001 22:33      Profile for dan(ny)zig   Email dan(ny)zig   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
eff the yanks. i bleeds dodger blue! . . . even though i'm quite upset about the whole craig counsell thing right now.

and to actually say something about the topic, i think they are the most impressive team in professional sports. there's not really much to be said except that orlando hernandez is the number four starter!!! that says a lot about that rotation. he'd be a number one starter on a whole lot of major league teams. year in year out they pick up somebody huge. this year it was mussina and it's dished out quite well.

i predicted the dbacks over the yankees in 7 at the beginning of the playoffs so if i'm right i think that makes me god or something.

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: dan(ny)zig ]

--------------------
don't let the tight pants fool you, i'm all heart motherfucker.

Posts: 38 | From: the burycore | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2001 00:40      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
oh yeah, and what's with you guys hating Man. U? you're just mad because they beat basically everyone they play...heheh.[/QB]

erm... they're not beating everyone they play this season. they are currently 6th, which is pretty shit by their standards (their standards = being 10 points clear at the top of the table by now) and they are only just scraping through in the champions league (although should piss in the second stage: Bayern Munich, Boavista and Nantes. what a challenge...)

and i'm a Leeds Utd supporter. it's my job to hate Man Utd.

PS fuck you Solksjaer

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2001 02:00      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
youre a leeds supporter too? gotta love the mighty whites! the likely lads of o'leary.

too bad they might have thier hands tied vs tot'numb and grasshoppers, with players out due to injury and the trial shit, but at least when thats done, bowyer can finally play for england.

--------------------
i hate you.

phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2001 04:20      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the first leg against grasshoppers is gonna be hard - no bowyer, kewell, viduka, woodgate. hopefully ferdinand will be fit.

would sven want bowyer in his england squad? he's got a bit of a temper on him, plus he plays the same position as david "my head got run over by a lawnmower" beckham.

--------------------

crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2001 14:42      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
eh, it'll be interesting to see smith & keane together though. note that i said interesting, not good.

--------------------
It's like they chopped off your arms and legs, dipped you in plastic, then screwed you all back together again and stuck you on a pedestal. It's really quite exquisite

Posts: 50 | From: i am directly under the earth's sun...nnnow | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2001 17:01      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
we get the baseball on fox
its actually quite interesting
i have to say im going for arizona
i know fuck all about baseball and i already hate the yankees
and randy johnson is one hip cat

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
lost at sea

Member # 70

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2001 19:34      Profile for lost at sea   Author's Homepage   Email lost at sea   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
why are my parents all of a sudden in love with the yankees. ooh, new york, they better win. what will that do.... nothing. so yea. im bitter that my parents suck when it comes to this situation. we used to be a cubs household, now look what happened....

--------------------
"why does boy meet girl leave me feeling ripped off? the Love Police has been tipped off..."
-kind of like spitting

Posts: 173 | From: ...breathing air that's soaking wet | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted November 04, 2001 20:30      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
diamondbacks won!!!! wheeeee

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malicorne

Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2001 20:31      Profile for malicorne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
aha!! very cool.

--------------------
big S, little a, little n, big D, little e, big E. *

Posts: 85 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2001 21:11      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...we...WON?
messed up.
my dad was watching the game and i said: "hey, we're losing...sucks"
"no, we're winning"
i think someone still thinks they live in new york....

--------------------
~Erica

tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted November 04, 2001 21:45      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
:::.does little dance.:::

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: tiddlywynk ]

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2001 23:57      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"we" won? you live in tuscon... phoenix won

(and on a side note, there is rioting, or, was, until the tear gas came out, about a block from where i live. it was fun!)

--------------------
i hate you.

Kristin
unregistered

posted November 05, 2001 00:35           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i don't like sports.
IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.