my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » 1:18 Scale Military Toys   » Sewing Circle™   » Ideas? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Ideas?
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 19:40      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Taking suggestions for ideas on what to do? Change? etc?

Totally open to whatever

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 20:42      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As I said before, the only thing I can think of is to try to replicate Hisstank's colors simply to keep it easy on the eyes for those who switch back and forth alot.

Everything is fine and dandy. <-- plus you got easy to do smilies

--------------------
Vicodin: It's what's for dinner, breakfast AND lunch!

Posts: 262 | From: Pana, IL | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 22:01      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YEah I can never remember the smiley codes over there.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 23:22      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
should we assemble our photo database here before opening it to the public?

--------------------

Posts: 541 | From: KC | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 23:24      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That wouldn't be a bad idea. More trial and error I suppose.

I dont know if I want to emulate Hisstank too much, as the purpose isnt exactly the same

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 23:38      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, this is not Hisstank, but then again, I only post in 1 thread over there now. Virtually nothing about the Joeverse holds my interest now. Thank god I'm a Transformers fan first and they made a helluva revision with the movie. TK said his pics would be finished soon. I'll start organizing everything tonight.

[ May 06, 2009: Message edited by: pcsguy88 ]

--------------------

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 23:39      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did I agree to will all of my colection to you when I signed the EULA?

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 23:41      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pcsguy88:
Did I agree to will all of my colection to you when I signed the EULA?

Oh I dunno, you tell me?

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). By accepting, we now own your soul. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Muhahaha

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 23:44      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sweet, I'm souless.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 23:46      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sweet, I'm souless.

Good get out of jail free card with the wives

"but honey, I lost my soul to a message board!"

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 01:10      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
man I haven't messed with this stuff in years.

I was cutting edge in web design 9 years ago

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 02:04      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet you were a wizard on that 386sx running Windows 3.1!

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 02:07      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
386 DX40 baby. 4 megs of RAM!

My neighbor bought a 2X External CD-ROM and we played Wing Commander III on the PC. It was fantastic.

God I feel old.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 02:46      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
China dude responded and wants pictures of stuff we want. Sucks that I am completely broke at the moment. I'll send him the helos.

--------------------

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 03:11      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everywhere I go, the NSA follows.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 10:45      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dude.. haha thats crazy. Yeah Helos... Does he have access to BBI stuff?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 11:08      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We made $140+ at the yard sale, that's enough for a shopping spree!

Be sure to let me know what he has.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 11:17      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah we need to have a yard sale too, there is so much crap (mostly clothes, and kids toys). How hard was it to set everything up?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 11:27      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We started Wednesday getting everything on the tables and priced. Most of it was baby clothes and crafts.

Thing is, my wife and her mom love going to this auction every Friday night. they get these boxes full of crafts, crap and stuff. for $1.

We then sell the 25+ items in the box for .25¢ at the sales.

last Summer we made around $200 of this type of crap alone.

That's her hobby. MUCH cheaper than mine of course. Oh, and she said she's using this money to go buy shoes since I bought a bunch of stuff last week.

--------------------

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 11:31      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, got an idea. How about until I get my Cobra, you take down that taunting picture.

or is that for encouragement to keep going and not give up on finding one?

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 11:59      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes.. encouragement

And yeah thats a good deal about the crap, I gotta think up something for some extra income!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2009 19:32      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NSA, your wife is hot. Buy her a webcam and put her to work! Money should start flowing in. Buy a Baroness outfit and you will never need to save for another 1/18 vehicle.

--------------------

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 12:07      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We need a B/S/T area

--------------------

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 12:10      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And a place to put our ebay names. It seems they use the same "code" name as well as the feedback next to it.

This would help us identify friendly bidders and prevent friendly sniping.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 13:25      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
good ideas! ill work on that.

how did tks images come out?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 15:06      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
NSA, your wife is hot. Buy her a webcam and put her to work! Money should start flowing in. Buy a Baroness outfit and you will never need to save for another 1/18 vehicle.

I can't tell if I'd get slapped or commended if I asked her. Hummm. Wonder where you buy Baroness outfits...

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 17:56      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought dust was rare? Although that one ebay heli sure had enough of it UGH!

--------------------

Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 18:01      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We need to get a "site plan" organized and focus on what we want to accomplish with the site. Are we another 1:18 competitor, or another joe site, whatever. To be honest, i would love to cut the tank completely loose if possible.

--------------------
Current Custom: Coming Soon
{Buy/ Sell/ Trade Thread} | {Feedback} | {Flickr}

Posts: 172 | From: Wichita, KS. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 18:02      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah I like your, more scientific approach to each picture. Front/side/etc on a nice solid backdrop.

Humm.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 18:02      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He put a ton of work into it. I certainly give him credit where due, but even with massive cropping, I could not cleanup the background.

--------------------

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 18:03      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heading for the showers, see ya guys by 10pm cdt.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 18:03      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pratt:
We need to get a "site plan" organized and focus on what we want to accomplish with the site. Are we another 1:18 competitor, or another joe site, whatever. To be honest, i would love to cut the tank completely loose if possible.

I've been ASKING for suggestions

Ive just been tinkering with the layout (very simplistic), as I havent done HTML in a while.

I think we have the brains, the collections, and the trollish-nature to make something good..!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 18:09      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see the vehicles on neutral backgrounds, a bit more professional and white in color, so that we can get all the details and make them distraction free. I can do that with my collection if need be.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 18:21      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah we can start small, with the good, decent photos.

We should come up with a template for the review/post/whatever.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 19:53      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would suggest doing at least the five views with some isometric ones for reference. Then we can do one photo with figures in a mini diorama for scale references and to check out the "action features." Unfortunately i don't have any of the packaging left from my vehicles so that is out the window for now.
So are we going to try and develop a 1:18 exclusive site with no distractions like scales below 1:18?

--------------------

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.