my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » 1:18 Scale Military Toys   » Sewing Circle™   » Ideas? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Ideas?
Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 19:54      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just wait. I seriously have OCD and whenever I start collecting something, I don't stop.

This is not a joke like some people say how "ooh, I'm eating Ramen all month"

No, it's serious. I have Star Wars, Joes, 1:18, 1:6, Ghost Rider stuff, Hot Wheels, M.A.S.K., Star Wars miniatures, DVDs, Indiana Jones and odds and ends stuff.

I started the Marvel Universe, but luckily it was too expensive for me to get involved. I returned most of it already.

I have already spent over $500 on 1:18 in the past 4 weeks alone. and that's just getting back into it. Once I find the key pieces I want, I'll fill in the rest of the holes of everything else.

Luckily I have a wife who tolerates it and really doesn't get on my back when I buy stuff.

[ May 03, 2009: Message edited by: Ewokhunter92 ]

--------------------
Vicodin: It's what's for dinner, breakfast AND lunch!

Posts: 262 | From: Pana, IL | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 20:07      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who else would you suggest inviting over for the formative stages?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 20:10      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NOT Nacho J/K

Anyone from the other thread who has a decent post count to at least show he wasn't a lurker just to steal info.

It also depends on how quiet you want to keep this site. Some people may share the site link in a thread talking about 1:18 and bam, lurkers will be all over us.

--------------------

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 20:14      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is Vupa here yet?

[ May 04, 2009: Message edited by: NSA ]

--------------------

Posts: 541 | From: KC | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 20:21      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I started a thread for the 1/18 catalog, please check it out.

I chose to do 3 or 4 pics of each model because 4 is the max photos allowed per post at HisStank and it was the only way to keep it organized. I figure we have the basic angled photos, then other can add their own pics/reviews/comments below the original standard post.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 20:33      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vupa registered, but I havent seen him post yet.

I'd keep it relatively limited for now, until we get things more finalized, but generally anyone who is decent over there (I think we all can tell) would work fine over here.

Preferably people with good communication skills would be good initially for suggestions/comments

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 20:42      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One more idea then I'm hitting the sack, have to be up at 5 in the morning..UGH.

Do I have to keep the bi-line name "Grunt"? I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2009 20:48      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ewokhunter92:
One more idea then I'm hitting the sack, have to be up at 5 in the morning..UGH.

Do I have to keep the bi-line name "Grunt"? I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody

They will change, I dunno they were made a long time ago.. I think its set up to change depending on your post count.

keep it up and you'll be moderating the playpen patrol in no time

j/k!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2009 17:52      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One complaint. Why after posting does it kick you back to the first thread page? Can that be changed so you go to your newest post?

--------------------

cold slither

Member # 446

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2009 17:55      Profile for cold slither   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
... or back to the list of threads.

--------------------
My Buy/Sell/Trade List
Will trade BBi UH-60 Blackhawk for this:
Huey on ebay

Posts: 220 | From: Atlantic City, NJ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2009 17:56      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll check. I noticed that as well.

I gotta brush up on my cgi coding

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 04, 2009 18:27      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the site is cool, as with any other site, it will take tim eto get used to but its pretty ez to me so far, and im one of those technically challenged people

--------------------
Wanted:

GIJOE best of 80's DVD pack
25th Anniversary Cobra 5 pack (not legions)

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Posts: 115 | From: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2009 18:56      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there a way to individually set the time and date? PST confruses me. Hell, I just figured out how to change my password.

--------------------

cold slither

Member # 446

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2009 19:24      Profile for cold slither   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How about a thread for those of us who do dioramas? I do alot and usually combine Joes with the 1/18 stuff.

--------------------
My Buy/Sell/Trade List
Huey on ebay

vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 04, 2009 19:33      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
dio's are awesome!

--------------------
Wanted:

GIJOE best of 80's DVD pack
25th Anniversary Cobra 5 pack (not legions)

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Posts: 115 | From: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2009 19:58      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cold slither:
How about a thread for those of us who do dioramas? I do alot and usually combine Joes with the 1/18 stuff.

Dio's are awesome, for now they should go under customs/mods I'd imagine.

We can split them off into their own forum when/if its warranted

Having lots of forums seems like a good idea, but in practice it means a lot are unused for long stretches at a time.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2009 20:21      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree dio's belong in the customs because that is where you go to look at pretty things. Maybe have 1 thread in the sewing circle where the top post links to the Customs area and people can put 1 pic each of a new dio/project to draw attention to the Customs section. Advertising. I know I get stuck in a rut and do not fully explore boards as much as I should and as a result, I miss some wicked customs.

--------------------

cold slither

Member # 446

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 15:53      Profile for cold slither   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the Customs area should be called "Customs and Dioramas" or "Customs, Mods and Dioramas". Or something along those lines. And then a forum for dioramas in there because my dios don't just fit into GI Joe or the other custom forums, and it would just be another cool forum!

--------------------
My Buy/Sell/Trade List
Huey on ebay

Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 16:27      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
your menstruating about the dioramas has been fixed.

--------------------
Current Custom: Coming Soon
{Buy/ Sell/ Trade Thread} | {Feedback} | {Flickr}

Posts: 172 | From: Wichita, KS. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
cold slither

Member # 446

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 16:41      Profile for cold slither   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pratt:
your menstruating about the dioramas has been fixed.

Cool, I was gettin' light headed from all the blood loss. Now I'm gonna go post some dios!

--------------------
My Buy/Sell/Trade List
Huey on ebay

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 16:57      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Remember Pratt = Bad Paul
NSA = Benevolent Paul
vupa0101 = Trader Paul

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 17:00      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is being named Paul a prerequisite of being a member here?

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 17:01      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pratt:
Is being named Paul a prerequisite of being a member here?

Starting to wonder! I never run into other pauls in real life.

Don't feed the pauls!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 17:04      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Seriously. Reminds me of the Bort name thing from the simpsons.

--------------------

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 18:51      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
Remember Pratt = Bad Paul
NSA = Benevolent Paul
vupa0101 = Trader Paul

3 Pauls? Damn, I thought there were only 2.

--------------------

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 08, 2009 20:10      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This website is coming along fine.

Particularly, I am glad to see the "General Chat" area set up so that we can also talk about stuff outside the 1:18 realm.

BTW, are we allowed to post photos in our signature blocks?

--------------------

"I never rail against my Country. I rail against those who seek to destroy it." - Mark Levin

Posts: 144 | From: USA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 08, 2009 20:18      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, photos are allowed as long as they would get you banned elsewhere.

[ May 08, 2009: Message edited by: pcsguy88 ]

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 08, 2009 20:56      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pcsguy88:
Yes, photos are allowed as long as they would get you banned elsewhere.

[ May 08, 2009: Message edited by: pcsguy88 ]

Muhaha. What he said.

I suppose they should be like relatively small, but yeah we're all *physically* adults.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.