my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » wtf omg hcicbyash!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wtf omg hcicbyash!!!
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2004 23:36      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well...

holy crap i cant believe you are still here!!

So with that.. how about everyone state who they are, when they came here.. and why on earth are you still here

Ahem.

I'm Paul Ernst, the webmaster and resident loser here. I created the Bored over *4* years ago as a message 'bored' for the Ataris.. and after that I just kind of kept it going.. seeing what would happen.

So here I am, 4 years later.. and amazingly still somewhat friends with you guys, most whom i"ve never met.. or at least not seen in SOME time.

Sigh.

So who are you?

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: NSA ]

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2004 01:18      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and for posterity's sake I would just like to post this..

and how could we forget..

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2004 01:22      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OMG.. and my favorite picture EVER

"spot the hidden paul!"

hahaha. sigh

And PROPS to the MAD OLDSCHOOL homies!! Long live memories boys..

And the .. Homessess!

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: NSA ]

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2004 08:39      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

This is me. RJ.

I've been here almost as long as Paul has...I rememeber when the board had that blinding whitish-grey background that would make my eyes bleed everytime I visited...

I remember when there were like three forums here and about six or seven regular posters...that was a long time ago...things have certainly changed, but as things have evolved, I find myslef still coming back here...this for me is home on the internet I suppose...

I don't post as much as I used to...but I still check the board at least every other day to see if anyone else has posted...it's the only way for me to check up on the friends I've never really met (except for maybe a handful)...as long as the board is here I'll keep coming back to it...and if it ever goes away I'll pretty much be homeless on the internet ...

In any case...that's also me in the second picture in the above post...I'm the one with red hair in case anyone didn't know...

...oh and in case Norm reads this, I may be in the market for a MiniDV Camera, but it won't be for at least six months or so at the earliest...I'll defeinitely keep you informed as I'd rather make a purchase from you than someoens else...the model I'm looking at is a Canon...like I said I'll let you know as the financial stuff falls into place...

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2004 10:22      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm mike. i think i signed up 3 or 4 years ago...had been reading it for a while before i signed up. i come here multiple times a day because i have no life and keep hoping that it'll be revived back to the way it was in the golden age of boredness. i will never leave this bored. EVER. oh yeah, i'd be willing to do a lot of work to get it back to a busy bored. i have no life.
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted February 05, 2004 14:05      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fortunately Kim's cuter now...

That or I just got used to it.

Look they're cute. We should have them married.

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2004 14:45      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am Cassandra..
i am 20 years old, and have been coming here since i was about 15 or so....
I have some cute baby pictures of myself (well at least i think they are cute, you may think they are just plain ugly), but alas i don't have anywhere to upload them so no pictures for you..

i am still here because i am a good for nothing student, and need to find ways such as this board, to fill up all my studying time.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2004 14:45      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow i guess they really dont have any decency laws in france!! That marriage cant be legal! Children should not be married that young!!

Haha.. sigh.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ken

Member # 204

Rate Member

posted February 05, 2004 15:45      Profile for Ken   Email Ken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm Ken, I was on the board when it was up for The Ataris. I stayed on with the ataris board when it changed to a new webmaster, but now it's getting kinda lame over there, and someone (masspunk) kept telling people to come back to the old board so I did.

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: Ken ]

--------------------
The Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin to fuck with!

Posts: 41 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2004 19:07      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ken:
I'm Ken, I was on the board this board it was up for The Ataris. I stayed on with the ataris board when it changed to a new webmaster, but now it's getting kinda lame over there, and someone (masspunk) kept telling people to come back to the old board so I did.

haha that's me!!!! i knew it'd pay off at some point.

murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted February 05, 2004 20:14      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm Julie.
as of last summer, i looked like this:

(i'm on the left, making a scary scary face).
i've been here for something like two years.
i showed up a few months before it stopped being the ataris board, and i didn't even hear the ataris for the first time until way after that.
and i'm still here because i keep hoping it'll get all lively like it used to be.

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2004 22:37      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
dude, wish I would have gotten to David earlier. that's one hot piece of ass.

after some serious analysis, I have determined that I showed up at some point in 99. I am still here because I have to keep a certain someone in check. heh

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted February 06, 2004 07:14      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm norm. I live in Detroit, MI (actually I live in Lincoln Park which is 1 mile south). I am over 30 which translates into old. But, RJ is old too, so is David and Jody. HAH!

I have been here for a while. I am not sure exactly how long, but I do know that it was not a UBB the first time I stopped by, and then, when it went ot UBB code, I was the 31st registered user of The Board. My guess is somewhere around April or May of 1999.
I kept coming back, because the original bored was so intimate and amazing. The conversation was great and everyone who was a regular then, Paul, RJ, rejected, starry eyed, cornelia, lenore the crazy hippos fan, they all were fun and had time to waste. Then it got bigger and I could argue for no reason reason, and that was fun to. Then it became the most simple of all habits. Go online, check the bored. Toolbar bookmarks make it easy to see, and I just have never stopped checking. Besides, there is a feeling of family here. I honestly care about some of these people who I only know by what they type. But, amazingly enough, I do care...

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted February 06, 2004 07:27      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ooo...my turn! I am Jody and I also represent the MidWest. I was introduced to the Ataris board from a dude who was part of the Dillinger Four message board. I actually never liked the Ataris (although I am a huge old school pop punk fan--I say old school because I am OLD) but I also never liked working, so I continued to read the messages while pretending to work. I don't think I posted anything for an entire year.
Anyway, I also feel like this is home for me.

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted February 06, 2004 08:58      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My name is Colleen. I'm 21 and I have been coming to the board for about a year of so.

That's me like a year ago.

This Paul and I back in the summer of 2002 at wedding for our friend.

[ February 06, 2004: Message edited by: Small Wonder ]

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 09, 2004 00:41      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey mike are you Masspunk over at the Ataris board? Hah i saw you pimping out Nethijinx I actually STILL have an account over there. Its "Paul". I was totally shocked to see I still had an account..

Oh well Thanks for being Nethijinx's PiMP!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted February 09, 2004 06:37      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
masspunk would be me, i think that used to be my name here too...then the bored ate it. i don't like the ataris board and pretty much only post there if i hear a song and don't know what it is or whenever someone mentions this place...we're bound to get some old school homies back here!

and remember kids, pimpin' ain't easy.

Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted February 09, 2004 11:23      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been here awhile too. I don't even remember how I got here anymore. Although I do remember this one particular post back in the day where RJ gave really good reviews of a Drive Thru Record tour and how New Found Glory was excellent.

Hehe.

I also remember all of those petty board fights we used to have with "newbies". Those were rad because they were so stupid. I'm usually here to pass the time, avoid studying/ writing papers, plus the fact that everyone here is pretty awesome and its nice keeping in touch with everyone.

--Christy

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted February 09, 2004 12:20      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I totally stand by my review!...I had a good time anyway...I think that was the show in San Jose when I hung out with Kim...and yeah...I still listen to NFG on occassion...they're on one of the MP3 comp discs I made...it makes me nostaligic with thw longing for simpler times *sigh*...oh how emo...

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 09, 2004 12:38      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey RJ,.. remember that show in San Jose.. at the cactus club or something? That was great. I think thats where we all met Aimee for the first time. I still cant believe when we found out YOU were MARRIED! Hah. Ahh old memories.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted February 09, 2004 16:11      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
okay never mind...apparently i was not destined to share pictures.
[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: melissa ]

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: melissa ]

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted February 09, 2004 18:41      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
Hey RJ,.. remember that show in San Jose.. at the cactus club or something? That was great. I think thats where we all met Aimee for the first time. I still cant believe when we found out YOU were MARRIED! Hah. Ahh old memories.

I do remember that show...you were surrounded by the usual groupies if I remember correctly ...pimpin' ain't easy is it...I also remember Roe being a moody little prick about the guest list...he could be such an asshole about the littlest things sometimes...anyhow...I think we pretty much hung around the merch table drinking beer while all the other bands played and only got up for the Ataris set...it always was more fun just hanging before the show anyway...

One of the funniest memories I have of the show-going days was when I came down and worked taht how at the Yucatan...I had Kim in tow...I remember making nametags for people and trying to get Kenny laid! ...I believe his read "Fuck Me! I'm Kenny!"...good times...

--------------------

Matthew

Member # 205

Rate Member

posted February 09, 2004 19:59      Profile for Matthew   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm matthew. i remember going to the ataris site in my first dorm room, june of 1999. i posted something about the Cobra motto, and how i got a shirt with it written on the back.

i used to read this site everyday. it was like real friends. i still check in from time to time to remember that.

--------------------
i get rad

Posts: 18 | From: Tampa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted February 10, 2004 00:02      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have pics of that name-tag making SB show we went to. I'll see if with a flutter of my eyelashes I can get David to hook up the scanner and hook everyone up with those. Karin was at that show too, the only time I met her. whee.

The show that most sticks out in my mind with board people is when RJ and I saw FenixTX (actually, I think we went for some other group, but I forget who!) in um (Sacramento, maybe, or...?) and they were really drunk and went into some weird metal/rap spinoff for like 20 minutes. That was pretty much the most horrid performance I ever spent money on. I remember RJ had some scary leather jacket though and I thought he might kick my ass. heh

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted February 10, 2004 07:39      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was Luckie Strike!...best fuckin' girl fronted pop-punk band from Sacramento with a girl drummer ever!

...and you're totally right, RiverFenix (for the old school ) pretty much huffed dong...they were so wasted and sloppy...we so should've cut out early and gone to Denny's down the street...that show was at the now defunct BoJangles (Cattle club)...about a eyar after that show the roof burned off of the place and I don't think they ever had enough money to fix it...which is really too bad since it was a decent place to go see a small show...I saw AFI there when Davey was still channeling Danzig...

...and I was not scary...I was PUNK!

--------------------

paul

Member # 84

Member Rated:

posted February 13, 2004 21:20      Profile for paul   Email paul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i came here a while ago. "the good ol' days" or whatever. it was good though...good topics, good posters and so forth.

i was TFP back then.

Posts: 51 | From: brisbane. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted February 22, 2004 20:25      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi, my name's Ewan and I'm an alcoholic.

Wait - wrong group. Anyway, I'm reprazentin' tings for the UK on an old skool tip. Perhaps. I don't remember when I first came here, but it was way back. And I'm pretty certain I never met anyone here, though I think David once came to my town. I still visit the bored but I rarely post because I have so little of interest to say.

A lot of things have changed since I first started coming here. I however have not. I've still not been to America, got a decent job or moved out of my parent's attic. Frankly, I rock.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
WastedPotential

Member # 173

Rate Member

posted March 08, 2004 06:07      Profile for WastedPotential   Email WastedPotential   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm George. I've posted here for way to friggin long with a plethora of names that you wouldn't remember anyways. I've met a few of you, mostly the people who don't post here anymore.

And I'm still here because I saw paul on aim and was wondering who the hell was on my list, and his profile linked me back here. And I'm at work, so I'm getting paid for this wonderfully pointless post.

Posts: 16 | From: seattle | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted March 14, 2004 21:15      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i remember you george! you got me into piebald (kinda)
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted March 29, 2004 08:56      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm Leesha. I'm 19 and 3/4. I live in Minnesota.

I haven't posted in a while. I think I started coming here in the 9th grade..soo..1999? I think that sounds right.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted March 29, 2004 12:13      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
leesha! you're alive!

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.