my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Do I always have to start the update topic?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do I always have to start the update topic?
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 09:09      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In an attempt to hear from everyone else, I will give the first update. I am starting to get fat...just about 5 months along now. So far so good (knock on wood). We will have an ultrasound on Dec. 2 and will hopefully find out the sex of the baby. I recently found out that my ex-boyfriend's wife is also pregnant...with TWINS. Ugh! I'm glad that isn't me. Ha!

Other than that, Scott just finished doing the digital effects on the latest Barenaked Ladies' Video. Yes, a very annoying band, but the video is kinda funny. It does have a monkey in it

So, what is everyone else doing?

[ November 14, 2003: Message edited by: Jody ]

[ November 14, 2003: Message edited by: Jody ]

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 09:54      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, there is not much going on here....I am still at school, and working at a local gas station.....

Ummm...as sick as it is to think of this early, i have already begun my christmas shopping. I thought i would get on top of things this year....

I also started Cardio Kickboxing at this place near my house. I am really enjoying it...

Other than that, not much is happening...my life is always the same old thing....

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 19:31      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MONKEY!...ROCK!

I've been working my ass off lately...putting in upwards of 60+ hours a week between home and the office...important client, big money in it...will I see any?...doubt it.

Caitlyn is two months away from being two!...

Obligatory Caitlyn photo:

Aimée turned 30 on the first of this month...which reminds me...Norm just tacked another year on earlier this month too...I guess this is goodbye to youth ...we had a nice little party to celebrate the occasion...

Everything else is business as usual...we're so set in our ways now that we've got a child...oh...but I did get some new ink on my left arm...it's a sacred heart with "Corazon De Oro" on a banner around it...full color...I've found a really good artist who I plan on using of the rest of my work too...we're planning something in the way of a Chinese Dragon in the background of the Kanji I have on my right arm...the overtime I'm putting in should help fund that endeavor ...at least some good will come out of the extra hours...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 20:58      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i am currently trying to make a schedule for next semester. i don't think i'm going to get most classes that i want. i've got a horrible registration time and i think everything i want is going to be full by the time i get to register. aside from that i'm not doing much. trying to get decent grades, finally getting used to college classes, trying to get up the nerve to ask someone out...the usual boring shit. oh yeah and i need to clean my room.
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 23:36      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well let's see here.

- I'm taking some time off from school and currently looking for a job... and it sucks because it seems like no places will hire me.
- I recently got my first tattoo. The Strung Out astrolux on my right arm, since they're my favorite band and I've been wanting this thing for a while. Take a looksie at it:

- Boy trouble, but when am I not having that.
- Allergies/asthma been acting up.

Aside from that, not much else.

[ November 12, 2003: Message edited by: One Girl Army ]

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 02:29      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whee. (once again, the first word I see in Jody's message is "twins!" and I was like "omg, maybe I was right," but then I read the rest about the ex-boyfriend's wife and I was like "phew." heh)

things here are the same. on Monday I head back to AZ for a friend's wedding and the holidays (yes, plural). I also scored myself a holiday job, as I intend to eat my way through the state and that requires a budget. I'm going to be working at the zoo (although not with the animals, but I will do phone/computer advance ticket sales, plus I can wear whatever I darn well please, and the hours kick ass... 1 - 6pm. so rock).

no real plans for the time to be spent there, other than eating, and buying various things that are way more expensive over here (like jeans for me, Vans for David, etc). oh yeah, and eating.

(David has already threatened to send me back if I come back twice my size. heh)

[ November 13, 2003: Message edited by: kismet ]

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 13:28      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm procrastinating, that's what i'm doing

not like that's anything new. but besides that...i'm getting really sick of my stupid school. my horses are doing alright, not that i get to see them much. i was supposed to go see tiger army and rancid this saturday with one of my friends but it sold out before we got our shit together. i have a debate on sunday and i'm going to get my ass kicked by jerks in suits.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 14, 2003 11:58      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kismet:

(David has already threatened to send me back if I come back twice my size. heh)

ha ! not even. I'll bring the scale at the airport for both your departure and your coming back and you'd better not have got fatter than when you left (especially not the way Jody gets fatter). Damn the US greasy food and snacks.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 14, 2003 12:01      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh and RJ, you're daughter is... hot.

No, seriously, she a real cutie.

I think it's also due to the picture itself (light, stance...) which is really nice.

--------------------

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 12:38      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks David...I forgot you liked 'em young ...

[ November 14, 2003: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 14, 2003 13:48      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
not THAT young, I don't pick any one younger than a first grader

[ November 14, 2003: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------

Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 14:22      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my god...Is she ever cute! I love that serious look on her face.
Speaking of that old fart, Norm, where is he?

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 14, 2003 16:08      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jody:
Oh my god...Is she ever cute! I love that serious look on her face.

Eyes almost as big as the eye holes makes me think of both dolls and Liv Tyler

--------------------

William for Squilliam

Member # 153

Rate Member

posted November 15, 2003 17:21      Profile for William for Squilliam   Email William for Squilliam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm single, lonely, depressed, but on anti-depressants. Hundreds of miles away from home, living with someone I still barely know and don't talk to. I hate life.

--------------------
Bharamanapa

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2003 21:03      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm just working and going to school still. I've begun the process of applying for colleges. I'm applying at Purdue and University of Evansville. I'll decide where to go once I know I'm accepted.

My Datsun 240Z is still sitting in the drive way, and I still can't drive it. I've had it forever and it still isn't running right. I still love it, though.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2003 10:29      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I haven't been around lately, as I have been working a lot and travelling a bit. I was in Philadelphia over Halloween, enjoying lots of cuisine, as well as hanging out with Lisa's family. It was fun.

Then we came home and my life is now turned upside down. Lisa and I were planning a wedding for March 20. It was going to be a midsize affair with a bit of whimsy thrown in. The original plan, which had us running off to Vegas got sidetracked by the number of people who wanted to attend, so we were going to bring Vegas to michigan with a Vegas themed wedding/reception.
This morning, that all changed. Lisa was 3 days late, so we took a test and it appears that I am going to be a dad. I am scared shitless. I don't know if I can be dad. I think it is wonderful, but just REALLLY scary. That's about all I can think about.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 16, 2003 12:48      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what ? are you implying you had sex before getting married ?

Grosssss...

Norm, please, no more american on this planet, pleaaaase.

--------------------

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2003 14:32      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm congratulations!!!!!
I am beyond sure that you will be a great father, even if you weren't quite expecting to be one so soon.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2003 18:43      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shit...if I can be a Dad, then you'll surely be a great father Norm...Congratulations sir!...just do what comes naturally and put the interests of your kid first...can't go wrong with that...

Incidentally, I just got done dealing out some major discipline to Caitlyn (a smack on the hand and a shitload of yelling followed by a lengthy timout and lecture)...suffice it to say I kind of hate myself right now (more than usual anyway and perhaps as much as some of you hate me)...it can be hard work raising a kid right

--------------------

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2003 19:20      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have two nehews an a niece, and when I watch them nothing feels worse than being a disciplinarian. I can only begin to know how hard it has to be when it is all up to you. Man, I guess I should know soon enough. Whoa...

And RJ, I am certain you are a wonderful dad.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 07:00      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, that's great Norm! Don't worry...Everybody is doin' it;-)
Kim and David will be next. David is just in denial right now. Still trying to hold on to what little he has left of his youth. Let's face it...we are OLD!!! Say it with me David...O--L--D

Anyway, Norm, you made it sound like this has changed the wedding plans. Why is that?

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 17, 2003 10:50      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
O-L-D. Like that ?

Yep I'm older than I've ever been and now I'm even older...

Still, Kim is young she can wait. As for me, I'm sure contemplating having a kid in the years to come cuz I like kids. But listening to my own desires only would be selfish. Kids are a great responsability. It's very hard to be balanced, cuz you have to love them but you shall not spoil them, you have to teach them discipline and respect but you don't have to be too severe.
You have to be fair, but who is really fair in everyday's life with his fellows ? How can you be really fair with your kin then ?

And I've been living with kids for all my life, a good dozen, since my mom is a foster mom. Kids you have to love despite the fact their problems. So I don't have a baby crave and I don't feel like having kids has to be one of life's goals. But kids are a chance for us to hope in the world, fortunately.

Congrats, Norm, you're lucky (at least until your baby gets 13, as I once said to RJ)

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 17, 2003 10:51      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey, that's great Norm! Don't worry...Everybody is doin' it;-)

hey, you sound like some kinda drug dealer

--------------------

Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 12:12      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Awe, David...
I hope you realize that I was just giving you a hard time. I actually really respect people who decide not to have children. There should be more people in this world that come to that conclusion...a lot more people. And, I realize that Kim is young. Heck...I am almost 30 and still question whether I am old enough. It's crazy for me to think that my mom was 20 when she had me.

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 18, 2003 11:10      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Awe, David...
I hope you realize that I was just giving you a hard time.

Really ?

ahah. Of course, I do. I'm not touchy at all. Well I can sometimes be but only when people DON'T say things. I just commented. And you know my sister's just got a second boy (she's 1.5 year younger than me). My cousin (my age) will have his first kid next month. Well, everyone is putting the pressure on me saying "David, now it's your turn!". And that's really not the best way to make people have kids. You don't have kids like you pay fill out a tax form (some in advance, the other at the last minute, but everyone being obliged to do it )
Kids rule! Maybe mine could suck. That's why I first have to stop looking up at kids

--------------------

nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 21:42      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow. everyone is having kids.

i don't think i'm ever going to have kids. of course, i'm only seventeen and i may change my mind, but i just don't think i'm the kind that could raise a kid. the kid would either starve or end up a total brat. there is no in between.

as for me, there isn't much going on in my life. i am totally in love with the most beautiful girl in the world (i know both of these expressions get thrown around a lot, especially with high schoolers, but i mean it this time).

also, i've decided not to go to college. i've devised a great plan to save up a bunch of money (about $7000 between my gal and i), move to chicago, and work a bunch (preferably at a record store) until i could afford to open my own record store. i also plan to freelance write and play music while i'm there.

i've kind of got a band now, but we're not focused or anything. my friend, who plays guitar along side me, described us as "deerhoof, only with no talent." i think it fits. we're called like owls, very evil.

also, i need to clean my car.

that is it.

edited to add that i am writing the greatest children's book ever. i can't expose my ideas yet because it's only about 13% done. but when i've got it all ready, my book will be kicking the shit out of mr. harry porker.

[ November 18, 2003: Message edited by: nose over tail ]

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 19, 2003 12:00      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nose over tail:
we're called like owls, very evil.

Smooth move. Now people will ask "what do they sound like ?" and the answer would be in the name of the band. Smooth, indeed.

--------------------

kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 03:34      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kim and David will be next. David is just in denial right now. Still trying to hold on to what little he has left of his youth. Let's face it...we are OLD!!!

David really doesn't need encouragement on this one... I'm the one that isn't too enthused to hop aboard the baby train yet. For the moment, I just want a dog. heh

[ November 20, 2003: Message edited by: kismet ]

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 08:05      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, get a dog! But, after you realize how much work the dog is, you might really be discouraged from having children. Our pup will be 1 yr. on Saturday and he still wakes us up at 6 a.m. every morning and wants to play all night long. It is good training though...sleep is already a thing of the past.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.