my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » So talk. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: So talk.
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 00:39      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You people are boring. COME ON! Lets talk!

Anyway I had this wicked ass dream/nightmare last night. so I am going to share what i remember of it with you.

It started in some place and I was playing football or something with some random people. Then I was in a Department Store and some lady was there trying to stop us from playing. Then everyone else dissapeared and I was throwing things at this lady. Then i was chasing her around and stuff and trying to catch her for some reason. Then I grabbed her and she was trying to get away so we wrestled for a while, then she almost got to an exit but I pulled her back and into a fire exit. Then it gets really weird, I was holding her at the top of the fire exit stairs and I had a Scalpel and jabbed it into her throat and yanked outwards and it ripped open her whole neck/throat.. then I pushed her down the stairs and then I woke up.

I felt so horrid I couldnt even go back to sleep, and i LOVE sleep so this was really weird. I wonder if it means I have issues?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted August 29, 2002 00:50      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm not boring! i'm on a STOOL!

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: NSA ]

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 00:56      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

BlockBuster Power!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted August 29, 2002 01:02      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that picture scared me!

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 01:06      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And on the opposite side of the wardrobe spectrum..

Me at a wedding!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted August 29, 2002 01:11      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i can be fancy too!! (even in my chuck taylors, booyah).

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: tiddlywynk ]

--------------------

used salad tongs
unregistered

posted August 29, 2002 06:07           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul, you look umm... "special" in that Blockbuster picture. Enjoy fingerpainting class tomorrow, won't you?

PS Please don't eat my skin.
PPS I have an equally retarded picture of me hugging Grimace, but alas, I cannot locate it. Ho-hum.
PPPS I am back from my long absense with a shiny new paintjob. I was formerly mertle/engomerf many moons ago. WOWZERS! Hi kiddos who are still lurking.

IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 08:01      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since this seems to be the picture thread...I'll repost this here...

Caitlyn Anne @ 6 months

...as for talking...well...here we go:

Things have been busy (as usual)...although work has been kinda dead...I find myself doing lots of reasearch at work...here's the thing...I wanna buy a house...right now I'm renting a pretty sweet 4 bedroom and my brother and nephew are living with us (Caitlyn, Aimée and I)...while the place is nice and the living situation is pretty good I'd prefer not to be throwing cash away on rent...I'd rather sink the money I don't have into a house so I can build equity on it and eventually make a buck or two off of it...so anyway...I've been researching homes and loans and all this other shit lately...not to mention that I want to do a dedicated theater room if/when we do get our own pad (the landlords won't really let us do any "modifications" to the house we live in now...

Fuck...I just realized how "grown up" I sound...shit seems like just yesterday when I was driving 8 hours across the state to see bands play
now I'm talking home equity and shit...ACK!...to top it all off I'm hitting a milestone birthday in September...

Such is life I suppose...

Anyhow...Caitlyn will be 8 months old on the 7th...she's totally fun to just sit and stare at for hours...she'll do stuff like tumble all over the floor with her toys and then when she sits up she'll clap for herself...it's hilariously cute ...I've taken at least five pictures of her every day since her birth...I figure I'll do that for the first year then maybe taper it off to every other day or something...what I really need to do is shoot some more video of her now that she's semi-mobile...

On a totally unrelated note, I've been addicted to buying movies lately...my "collection" has grown from about 75 (give or take a few) at the beginning of the year to over 225 now...crap that's a lot of movies (and money :eek ...but now that I have a modest little home theater set up I find that they're really more enjoyable to watch at home as opposed to going out and spending like $40 for one movie at the theater ($40 = tickets, popcorn, candy, etc.)...not to mention that I don't have to expose my child to the fucking unwashed masses that tend to go to the movies at the exact same time I do...fucking bastards...

...anyway...I've rambled long enough for one post...toodles...for now...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 09:11      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for creating a little discussion around this deadzone, RJ. I'll add to it... Owning a home is good. We've had ours for a little over a year now. We have some crazy hick neighbors, but what are ya gonna do. The only bad thing about it is that we ended up downgrading because houses are crazy expensive right now (in Minneapolis anyway). We were living in a sweet spacious apartment in a really nice neighborhood. Now we live in a modest, SMALL house in a so-so area. I still LOVE the privacy and having a garage.
Anyway, now we will be adding a baby to the picture and I am afraid we will need to buy a bigger house. Well, we have some time to figure that out!!!

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 10:59      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
housing costs are INSANELY expensive in Minneapolis. I dont get it. I'm not looking for a place to live or anything..but my sister was, and she just couldnt find a place that she didnt need a roommate to split costs. she ended up just moving to San Diego.

I'm no tlooking forward to having to pay my own rent.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 11:05      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aaw! Jody wants to start a family too! And RJ's discussion of buying a home for his family makes me oddly happy.

In addition to the dream/ nightmare discussion, I had a dream that I was on TRL with A New Found Glory. Yea. Nightmare all right. But I was like running around, swimming, and competing with this other chick gain the title of *DIEHARD* NFG fan. Yes. I know. HORRIBLE. Anyway. It turned way nightmarish when we ran onto this spaceship like setting.. and this super hot guy turned into a wicked evil monster that looked like a buffalo. Somehow we killed that. And everything was back to super happy TRL mode. And then me and the chick called a truce, and no one really won.

Why does Paul's name tag say "When"?

I took 6 weeks of summer school.. and that was basically hell. My classical sociology professor was a grade A asshole who READ his lectures in class and laughed and said no when we nicely asked him if he would write a study guide for the upcoming cumulative final.

I nearly had a nervous breakdown and I was hurting myself because of it. Apparently, I was rubbing my temples a lot with my fingers to ease the stress. But my nails were long, thus digging into the skin on the side of my head. Skin was broken, and a little blood was shed. I freaked out even more when I realized what I was doing. Not surprisingly, once I got out of summer school, I became a lot better.

I mostly sit around at home and watch a lot of tv. I've taken a strong liking to the cartoon "Spongebob Squarepants." I also really liked that show "Sorority Life" on MTV. But I haven't seen it on TV recently. I wonder what happened to it. It was great watching a bunch of drunken whores yell about EVERYTHING. Such stupids. But so entertaining.

Ok. I am done! Bye!

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 11:50      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, so i am starting university next thursday. I am nervous as hell and i don't even have my scheduale yet...my school is really late when it comes to getting info out to first year students. I will be glad when school starts though. I need to experience a new atmosphere...new people...i want to be introduced to new places....

I don't think i should even get started on the dream part of this topic....my dreams are beyond vivid and i can remember every aspect of them...i usually go through phases of really crazy dreams, then i wont remember them for about a week...and then the cycle begins all over again...
I will post some of my dreams at a later date...or maybe just later on today..

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 13:56      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jody:
"houses are crazy expensive right now (in Minneapolis anyway)"

...it's a lot like California in that respect...I guess it doesn't help that Sacramento is only a couple hours away from the SF Bay Area...we get a lot of people who are making "Bay Area money" and are willing to commute the 1 1/2-2 hours buying up housing here in Sacramento and driving up housing prices...they'll sell there little 2 bedroom shack in the Oakland ghetto for $400,000 and buy a nice big, fat house here with cash to spare...housing prices are getting ridiculous...no doubt...but I figure in a year or two, if the market stabilizes I'll get into a house of my own...maybe not a brand spakin' new one but at this point I'll almost take whatever I can get...and if the market stays this way then I might seriously have to consider moving out of California ;(...I really don't even like the thought of that...

quote:
Originally posted by Jody:
"Anyway, now we will be adding a baby to the picture..."

...well congratulations!...the 2nd Board Baby! (no one else has had a kid right ?)...as you can see I'm stoked on ours...and how could I not be ...they are so much fun/work...I seriously can't imagine life without one now...but your life totally changes...you'll see what I mean ...

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------

tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted August 29, 2002 14:54      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*gasp!*
i want an angel baby!

--------------------

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted August 29, 2002 16:23      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
holy crap... everyone is growing up, going to university and working and buying houses and everything! whatever happened to the days when all we would talk about is "i've seen x band more times that you!" and "i met blah blah from blah" and all that other crazy teenage stuff...

oh the fun times!

but yeah. i've been working my ass off at work, and not getting too far. hopefully it will soon pay off. i'm living with my parents again for the meantime, to save money for my trip away in october to europe. i'm travelling 3 and a half, almost 4 hours a day (getting up at 5am, getting home at 9pm) to get to work, then 4 hours back. it's insane. but i love my work, so it's all good.

i might be going to university next year or something to do a music course. computers bore me at the moment. i think it's time to diversify a litte. i'm also starting to get into cycling again, and i'm getting rather fit - which makes me happy.

there is still the sagas of girls and stuff. well. one girl. dizaam. but there's just something stopping me doing anything about it, even though i'm crazy about her. meh. i'll see what happens.

i've already started planning my next overseas trip. it'll probably be to the united states. i'm thinking of just going up and down the west coast... or something... in the summer (your summer, not mine). maybe next year, or the year after i'll do that. i want to have been to every continent by 30. hope so!

(pictures soon - work now).

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 16:37      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkMunkey:

...well congratulations!...the 2nd Board Baby! (no one else has had a kid right

Well.. in about 6 months..

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted August 29, 2002 16:50      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
paul... are you... wha...?

???????????????

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 17:19      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh wait, was that a relevation? Oops.

And yeah.

And I had another weird dream, I kept going around some camp site killing Jason (Friday the 13th guy) over and over again. It was odd and kinda scary.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 19:44      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
im gonna get drunk tonight
i wanna get laid really really bad
i wanna live in belgium next year if not belgium then france and i dont wanna live in holland anymore
yesterday i rode 60km the day before that 200 the day before that 120 this weekend i will ride maybe 300km with also 2 races
life is simple for me.....
oh yeah i wanna lose 6 kilos
yep im boring

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 20:28      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

mmhmm.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 20:35      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ooooh! I have pictures tooooooooooo!

I will post them tommorow, I reckon...

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 21:00      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You'll definitely have to elaborate Paul...seeing as how I'm left ehre going "WTF???"...

It's kinda weird how all of a sudden it seems like everyone's all grown up and shit...talking about things like college, jobs, homes, kids...definitely a far cry from the shit that used to get talked about...

Y'know, this was the first year I didn't get to go to the Warped Tour...I've been to all of them since they started having them...all except for this year...hmph...I guess it might be the end of an era of sorts...eh...whatever...I'll probably end up taking the whole family next year...provided that there are decent bands...the only ones I got *really* excited about from this past tour were Alkaline Trio...everyone else I'd either already seen or wasn't too into...

...anyway...I gotta go put the baby to bed...

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 21:45      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's long and complicated and stressful. But yeah, come February I'm gonna be a dad. Yay.

Sarcasn mine. Its all a bit new and not exactly planned and.. yeah. I'm gonna have to post all the details if anyone is interested..

so yeah. Cheers! sigh.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted August 29, 2002 21:51      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
come February I'm gonna be a dad. Yay.

STOP BEING VAGUE!!!

--------------------

Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 22:02      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this place got chatty quick. anyway....

i graduated college in may and am too feeling the pains of older-ness. let me tell you, i hate it now. i thought i had a decent degree from a decent school, but i'm getting nowhere in terms of a real job hunt. i'm waiting tables full time, which isn't the worst thing, but it doesn't cut it in the least. i have to pay health care, which i NEED, out of pocket. i also need a car which i can't really afford unless i find something for $7,000 or less, and i'd like something that'll last a while. so in all, these things have been a terrible stress and had me collapsing recently, but i'm keeping it together.

me and my girlfriend recently hit a year, which is cool, and things are great. she's already successful, as a fully licensed pharmacist. at least she sympathizes. that's the good part of each day.

and i did see Poison again this summer, which was a total rockin good time. keeps me healthy.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 22:11      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHOA.

Big news, big news indeed...

Just a little story for you, to kind put a certain perspective on things...

So Aimée works with this guy, Anthony...well he got married just about two years ago...he and his wife had not planned on having kids for another few years...like until they'd been married for five years or something (or so he thought)...it turns out that she stops taking the pill, she gets pregnant and to make a long story short, they now have a two month old baby boy now...good news right, everyones peachy right?...wrong...turns out Anthony "isn't ready" to have a kid...he feels resentment toward his wife and the kid now for "taking away" his attention...he basically doesn't get to be the baby anymore...so now he's all pouty and shit, his wife is beginning to resent him for "not being there for her" during her pregnancy and you know who's really getting the shaft?...the kid...and he didn't ask for any of this shit...fucked up yo.

I know it's all complicated and stressfull Paul, but all I can say is make the most of it...it might not be ideal and I'm sure it wasn't planned or expected, but it can still be a great thing...just depends on how you handle it...Y'know, my brother and his ex-wife divorced when my nephew was four...and as much as they argued and were at each other's throats, they always put the kid first...now that they're actually becoming friends again it's even that much easier...I guess all I'm saying is that despite the situation, always keep the kid's best interest in mind...if you do everything will work out OK...

Resign yourself to the fact that it's gonna happen...whether you're ready or not...so just be ready...and have fun with it...

I you need to talk about any of it, you know where to find me...

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 22:17      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HEh. Yeah pretty soon I can take my kid to play with yours and we can have a fatherly drink that you owe me. Gasp!

Yes the situation is fuct'd up with me too, maybe not quite as bad as your friend, but close. And all the other stresses of life are weighing down (work, school, housing issues). UGH!

It does suck that Im losing my childhood I guess, but Im old now (22) and that Milicolin song just keeps playing and playing and.. gasp!

sigh. at least i have my charming Bored to keep coming back to.. for now..

[edit: though since it was a MAY baby.. it was a STAR WARS baby hehe]

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 22:29      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Old at 22?!?...surely you joke...wait till you get to my age and you have to start worry about your failing health!

...in any case...I know it's small consolation, but take it form me when I say that life has a way of sorting things out...how trite and cliché...but also pretty true...

You should have seen how panicked I was when it first started to set in that I was gonna be a dad...I've got to admit, your plate is a bit more full than mine was with school and all, but you'd be surprised how much your friends are willing to help when they see that you're toeing the line...we get offers for babysitters and stuff all the time, just friends wanting to make sure we're maintaining sanity...I'm sure yu'll find that the same holds true in your situation...

Speaking of Star Wars, was that the inspiration that led to conception ...now you've gotta name the kid Anakin if it's a boy or Padmé if it's a girl...

--------------------

tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted August 29, 2002 23:56      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkMunkey:
we get offers for babysitters and stuff all the time

i'll babysit! me me me!

quote:
now you've gotta name the kid Anakin if it's a boy or Padmé if it's a girl...

dear god, no.
i'm rooting for Dominick or Zoë.

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: tiddlywynk ]

--------------------

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted August 30, 2002 00:47      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nah brah... if it's a girl... it has to be kirsten, april, sarah or um... what was the other name... natasha... that's it.
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 09:13      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow Paul, i can't believe you are going to be a dad...thats intense...I have no idea what it must be like for you, since i am not even close to becoming a mother...but try to make it as joyous an event as possible...and as RJ said, put the child first...i mean my parents are divorced...and they had a "good" divorce (whatever that means)....i still get to see my dad whenever i want, and my parents are still friends...even though our relationship is healthy, it still hurts when i think about how everyone elses parents are together...whatever you do, make sure that you and the mother are always there for the child first...then solve any differences, petty or not....

back to the dream part of this topic...

When i was a child, my grandfather was really sick...i was too young to remember him when he wasn't sick...So recently i found out that this dream that i had when i was younger, was just that...a dream. I have lived my life thinking that it was real...that it actually happened...and i have lived with the guilt of this...so here it goes.
- My sick grandfather was at my house, and it was dinner time..so i decided to help him walk up the flight of stairs...he had his walker thing, and we were both standing on the same step...and somehow i made him fall down the stairs (not on purpose...but i just got in the way)....he smashed his head and he couldn't really move...so they put a pillow under his head...and then my dad and my uncles came and took him away...
and that was the dream...and i have always thought that i made him even more sick than he already was...it was quite upsetting.

--------------------
Sink it

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 09:20      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HOLY SHIT BALLS ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR! We are getting old, or mature, or, fuck I don't know? Sophisticated? Becoming grow-ups? I do not know. All I do know is that I still feel the same, just more things to do.

Jody, you are pregnant?! Congrats. Why did you not at least e-mail me? That is so fucking cool. Is Scott pretty happy too? I am so insanely happy for you, as I know you have been trying.

RJ, home ownership is a fucked up thing. It is amazing and weird and fun and HUGE. I have owned my house for almost 5 years now. Lots of equity. It's pretty damn neat to know that i can sell my house and have $60,000 cash money in my pocket. At the same time, if anything goes wrong, I am responsible for fixing it. Which includes...
Re-modeling the kitchen, upgrading the electrical, plumbing, windows, gutters, siding, landscaping etc... Not fun, but then again, it is my house!

Paul, the whole idea of being a dad is fucked up and scary. Myself, I don't ever think I will be ready... I know you will shoulder the responsibility, and in truth be a wonderful father...

As for me...
Lisa has officially moved into my house. She came to visit on the 26th of July and just never left. The talk of marriage is there, but not for a year or so. It will be a Vegas wedding. There will be an elvis there. Anyone who wants to come is invited, anyone who doesn't can stay home... Life is very happy for me right now, and WOW, I never ever thought I would ever think the things I think about now.
Wait a minute, did I grow up or something?

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 09:30      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NORM!!! I was just about to ask where you were, but I assumed you were still hiding out in your love cave with Lisa. I am indeed pregnant, but it is still very early so I am not out of the danger zone yet and probably shouldn't be announcing it to the world at this point. But, we are both still a little stunned, but happy.
Can't wait to start throwing up!

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 10:33      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NORM!...good to hear that all is progressing well on the relationship front...and MARRIAGE?!?!...is anyone else fucking stunned to hear that word coming from Norm's general direction?

...you really must notify me when the nuptials take place...especially if they're going to be in Vegas...it's only 6 hours away and I have family I can stay with...it'd be an event to remember should our first "official" meeting be at your wedding...but what better way to meet than over a toast to your newfound marital bliss?

...damn...the bunch of us really seem to be "maturing" for lack of a better word...seems like it's all transpired in just the past few months too...life just kind blindsided all of us...funny how the "hot topic" on the board used to be "What do you define as selling out?"...and now it's "Who's going to college" and "Who's having a kid?" and "Who's getting married?"...pretty surreal...especially when you consider how a lot of us here (myself included) used to piss and moan about how fucked up the opposite sex was ...

Y'know Norm...that is the one thing about renting that I will miss when I do buy...the freedom to pawn off all the repairs on the landlords...in fact there was an instnace just about a month ago where my dishwasher leaked and the carpet on the other side of the kitchen counters was soaked down to the padding...I had to do absolutely nothing and pay for absolutely nothing (good thing because it was nowhere hear payday)...if I had owned the house I'd be shit outta luck and tapping my credit card...on the one hand you have equity , on the other you have maintenance/repair bills ...it's a double edged sword...but at least I could say it's mine...

...and Jody...about the whole "danger zone", just take good care of yourself and everything will be perfect (and tell your husband Scott he has to pamper you and cater to your every whim now )...congratulations again...you're gonna love it!

--------------------

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 11:40      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow norm, i didn't know that Lisa had moved in with you...thats exciting news.
Then again i haven't read your journal for a while...and you haven't said anything about it at Sick Shadows....you should update the people there as well..they would be happy to hear it.

--------------------
Sink it

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.