my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » So talk. (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: So talk.
the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 14:23      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn, all kinds of weird shit. But it's cool, too.

As for me...
I've been at school at the College of Charleston, a good 9 hour drive away from my shiny suburb of Nashville, for about 2 weeks now. College is great. The school is great academically, I'm in the honors program (only 500 kids total out of about 10,000 are in that) and have incredibly fucking cool suitemates. Our setup is badass... 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen with sink, stove, oven, and full refrigerator, and big living room with couch and table and chairs...for 4 guys. It's awesome. Also, the building I live in is an honors student building with... 15 guys and 120 girls! It's very nice. We are also connected by a hallway to another residence building with about 125 girls and no guys. So needless to say, I am in high demand, haha! And the cool thing is, that ratio is constant throughout the entire school. It's about 8:1 girls to guys here, and supposedly that is a relatively low concentration of girls. I met this girl about a week ago and have been seeing her every night since then. Things are going well in that aspect, since she lives directly above me and I don't have to sneak in to her building past 'visiting hours.' The city of Charleston is beautiful, and we are only about 15 minutes from a great beach with decent waves (my roommate is a really good surfer and he has 3 boards and has been teaching me to surf). Everything is within walking distance (except the beach), and it's just so great to have all these things to do as soon as I take one step off campus. We've been going to see music almost every night. There are really good funk and reggae bands here (a lot of immigrants from Trinidad live here) and I have seen some incredible Grateful Dead cover bands.

Oh and for the part that is kind of important in college...the academics. I am taking Spanish 202 Intensive, Honors Intro to Philosophy, Honors Calculus I, and Honors Geology. So far none of my classes have been too hard, but I can tell philosophy is going to be pretty grueling. All my teachers are extremely cool so far; I really have nothing to complain about. Basically, I love it here and I'm so glad I chose to go here instead of going to the University of Tennessee like 90% of my friends did. I just have to keep up a 3.25 GPA or I lose the $12,000/yr scholarship that I'm currently getting, and that wouldn't be good at all.

That's been my life more or less for the past 2 weeks. Going to the beach, hanging out with Laura, going downtown to bars with my suitemates and rubbing the X's off our hands, and meeting people. I'm also playing on the club soccer team here, and I was chosen to be on the travelling team so I'll be going to tournaments at places like University of North Carolina, University of Florida, Clemson, and Tuscaloosa Alabama, as well as city of Charleston premier league games. Gotta make sure I don't put on that 'freshman 15,' right? Heh. Anyway, update complete. I felt slightly grown up when I got to college, but now I feel like a toddler compared to all these equities, and pregnancies, etc. Wow.

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 16:21      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my only bit of excitement-ness is that on the 4th of september, i've got my road test...i'll be way pissed at myself if i somehow blow it by doing something dumb.

5 more days until the end of constantly begging for rides from my parents! (and it's not like i ever go anywhere besides school and the barn, they just hate driving me)

oooh, and i went to my first warped tour this summer. it was definately the most fun i'd had for awhile.

but anywho, it seems like everyone is reaching important, new, different places in their lives...it's so exciting!

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 21:37      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a beard.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 22:33      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I have hair again. Woohoo. Now the ladies will be all over me, just what I need. Ha. But its winter and my head was getting cold.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn

Member # 146

Rate Member

posted August 30, 2002 22:41      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't post here alot, but reading through these posts really has given me some idea of some of your lives. I think I sound retarded, but oh well.

School is oh so much fun. Especially when you decide to stay home so you can work on your online class only to realize that the professor had already notified you that the server was going to be down for 6 hours. But it's good that I am making responsible decisions when it comes to school. This is my fifth year at a junior college after all. But it's my last year. Thank god. Then it's off to the big time. Weeeee.

That's whats exciting for me. Boring I know. But I am going to be 22 on Tuesday. Yeah, last year sucked, Labor Day is a very very bad day for a 21st birthday to land on.

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2002 20:56      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'll be 18 on wednesday and was feeling old til i read all this
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted September 01, 2002 08:02      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i feel very young reading this (i'll be 18 in november)!
anyway, i'm still at sixth form college here, doing french, german and english lit. i'm hoping to go to either leeds or oxford university to do english and french dual honours, but i haven't applied yet so who knows what will happen?
i don't know if anyone remembers my boyfriend matt (he used to post on here), but we have been going out for over 2 years now. it seems like a long time, but i couldn't ask for anything more.
nothing much is going on in my life right now. last weekend i went to leeds festival, where i saw, among others: guns n roses, the strokes, the vines, slipknot (!), prodigy, hundred reasons, vex red, thursday, and foo fighters. combine all those bands with camping with about 10 of your friends, and not washing for 4 days and you've got one hell of a weekend!

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted September 01, 2002 18:07      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
are they ATARI milk/soda bottles in the top right corner of the picture i see? where on earth did you get those??? they're cool!
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 02, 2002 11:51      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why yes.. yes they are.. muhaha.

I got them a few years ago at E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) and they've been decorations ever since. I think I actually got three and actually drank one and kept the other two. I'll try to get a better picture. They are neato

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 02, 2002 12:03      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and a few more pictures of my amusment,.. sigh.

I look out of it.

Me.. attempting to be "cool" and "punk" by doing the \m/ sign. r0c|<

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted September 02, 2002 16:56      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i wanna goto america next year. anyone wanna have me stay over? i'll be good! i'm clean and stuff!!

please? it looks so... nice-ish and stuff...

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted September 02, 2002 19:06      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can* stay at my house. My mom makes good pancakes.

PS. The beard and I broke up. I tried to shave her to look really white trash, but I failed and just fully shaved.

*can't

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted September 02, 2002 19:33      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bastard*

*bastard

Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted September 02, 2002 20:06      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know I said I had pictures...but I'm lazy. My mom just brought home a digital camcorder/camera, so there might be more pictures of me on here soon. Or not. Depends on my laziness level. And degree of boredom.

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn

Member # 146

Rate Member

posted September 03, 2002 13:59      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
and a few more pictures of my amusment,.. sigh.

Woo hoo, more like my amusement .

[ September 03, 2002: Message edited by: Jenn ]

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted September 08, 2002 12:20      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkMunkey:
to top it all off I'm hitting a milestone birthday in September...

Such is life I suppose...

you'll see, life's so easy on this side of the "milestone". People begin to give their seats to you in the bus. your hair grow white and your hand begins to shake. What milestone again ?

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.