my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » 1:18 Scale Military Toys   » Sewing Circle™   » Go order the F-14A VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" now! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Go order the F-14A VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" now!
Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:30      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bravestarr:
Ah-hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!

"NSA GOT TWO!!!!!!!

NSA GOT TWO!!!!!!!

GET HIMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!"

I live that movie.

Ok, maybe "love" is a little strong.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 17:32      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Konigstiger:

I live that movie.

Ok, maybe "love" is a little strong.

You live that movie? Like every day? thats awesome!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:32      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish.
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 17:33      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And yes $200 is a lot, but like slither said, with the current "worth" of 1:18 planes, its about time someone in china realized they could make a bunch of money on these things.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:34      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey, that movie was filmed in the twin cities

--------------------
Wanted:

GIJOE best of 80's DVD pack
25th Anniversary Cobra 5 pack (not legions)

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Posts: 115 | From: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 17:36      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Konigstiger:

Semen won't do, they're too stringent with the guidelines.

Plasma, however can be given a few times a month and i hear the money is good.

I used to donate Plasma, before my HBP and pill popping for the headaches.

You can donate 3 times a week. Usually it's $35 each trip. You get paid $35 to sit on a bed thing for an hour and watch movies. Then you get PUNCH AND PIE!

ok, not pie, but some kick ass animal crackers.

--------------------
Vicodin: It's what's for dinner, breakfast AND lunch!

Posts: 262 | From: Pana, IL | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:39      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Buck 'o five a week.

That's a couple of 14's a month, minus shipping.

vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:43      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
is there a general release date? im gonna start saving today

--------------------
Wanted:

GIJOE best of 80's DVD pack
25th Anniversary Cobra 5 pack (not legions)

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Posts: 115 | From: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:44      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not as of yet.
nacho

Member # 447

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:52      Profile for nacho   Email nacho   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I ordered two yesterday, but the news of the paint scheme is awesome.

MTS does honor their preorder prices (I know this doesn't have one). I ordered the pavehawk at $59.99 and they shipped it at that price even though the price went up to 79.99 and now 99.99. I've been happy with MTS so far.

--------------------

Posts: 38 | From: Tennessee | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pulpiteer

Member # 453

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 18:08      Profile for Pulpiteer   Email Pulpiteer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, I got mine, I'm in. I figure I have at least a couple of months to sell everything I own, right?
Posts: 56 | From: Abilene, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 18:09      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't feel bad Vupa, with dual income at the 6 digit mark I still have reservations.

I ordered 1. I hope the other jets are a Christmas time release so I can get 1 of the 2. I'll run out of room quickly at 3.5-4ft each. I guess my Dauntless dream just dried up.

--------------------

Posts: 541 | From: KC | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 18:19      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
More than one is just impractical untilw e can fulfill the dream of our nudist colony built around an old hangar. Wait... that was my dream.

--------------------
Current Custom: Coming Soon
{Buy/ Sell/ Trade Thread} | {Feedback} | {Flickr}

Posts: 172 | From: Wichita, KS. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 18:43      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clothing is not option in the hanger! Unless Ms. California is there.

--------------------

thunderdan19

Member # 448

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 18:45      Profile for thunderdan19   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What concerns me just a little is the actual product is completely unseen at this point. I mean we have no actual true JSI product on which to base this kind of investment. There are things that 21st did very poorly, particularly their pilots. For $200+ I need to know I will have completely authentic paint and accessories on both the plane and the pilot and RIO, full authentic movement of the major parts (wings, landing and arrestor gear) and top notch quality control. We all know very well how awfully badly 21st did with their pilots and drivers in many cases. I need complete confirmation that this plane will be as good or better quality than BBI. I choose to wait, at least until I have a little more information (at least one JSI product for comparison or a whole lot of good pics). Just my opinion (adding a little restraint to the conversation).

--------------------
Peace... you know the rest.

Posts: 39 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 18:50      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thunderdan19:
What concerns me just a little is the actual product is completely unseen at this point. I mean we have no actual true JSI product on which to base this kind of investment. There are things that 21st did very poorly, particularly their pilots. For $200+ I need to know I will have completely authentic paint and accessories on both the plane and the pilot and RIO, full authentic movement of the major parts (wings, landing and arrestor gear) and top notch quality control. We all know very well how awfully badly 21st did with their pilots and drivers in many cases. I need complete confirmation that this plane will be as good or better quality than BBI. I choose to wait, at least until I have a little more information (at least one JSI product for comparison or a whole lot of good pics). Just my opinion (adding a little restraint to the conversation).

I wouldn't doubt that 21st told them to cut corners to keep the costs down for them. Now they can make these awesome.

--------------------

art2614

Member # 456

posted May 13, 2009 18:57      Profile for art2614        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Danm It! My wife has my CC right now! Have to figure out a way to get it back....
Posts: 40 | From: Fresno | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 19:01      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ThunderDan, no worries on the pilots. Apparently they are sold seperately.

--------------------

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 19:01      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by art2614:
Danm It! My wife has my CC right now! Have to figure out a way to get it back....

Tell her there's a sale at Penny's

--------------------

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 19:07      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ewokhunter92:

Tell her there's a sale at Penny's

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/70969/There%27s-a-sale-at-Penny%27s

--------------------

"I never rail against my Country. I rail against those who seek to destroy it." - Mark Levin

Posts: 144 | From: USA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 19:09      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was hoping someone got it.

--------------------

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 19:13      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey man, I am here for your entertainment.

--------------------

"I never rail against my Country. I rail against those who seek to destroy it." - Mark Levin

Posts: 144 | From: USA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 20:42      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bravestarr:
Hey man, I am here for your entertainment.

And entertain you do well!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

thunderdan19

Member # 448

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2009 10:02      Profile for thunderdan19   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pcsguy88:
ThunderDan, no worries on the pilots. Apparently they are sold seperately.

Okay, then let's get that price down a bit. See, I have no problem paying a fair price for these (I have every desire to get the 14 - VF-84, 15 - if they do a US version - and 27 - Russian version please), but BBI's planes - high quality, durable, well detailed, with pilots - retailed for less than $100. Yes, these are bigger, but not twice as big, and without pilots... I'm not sold yet. I'm thinking these ought to run more like $150 max. Of course if I see pics of the VF-84 and pilots that are better than anything I've ever seen before, my tune will change quickly. But sight unseen... I don't know...

[ May 14, 2009: Message edited by: thunderdan19 ]

--------------------

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2009 10:49      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, but I think we will see the final product, both in and out package before it becomes available which is a good reason to pre order just to be sure you have one.

You can always cancel your preorder.

quote:
Originally posted by thunderdan19:

Okay, then let's get that price down a bit. See, I have no problem paying a fair price for these (I have every desire to get the 14 - VF-84, 15 - if they do a US version - and 27 - Russian version please), but BBI's planes - high quality, durable, well detailed, with pilots - retailed for less than $100. Yes, these are bigger, but not twice as big, and without pilots... I'm not sold yet. I'm thinking these ought to run more like $150 max. Of course if I see pics of the VF-84 and pilots that are better than anything I've ever seen before, my tune will change quickly. But sight unseen... I don't know...

[ May 14, 2009: Message edited by: thunderdan19 ]

--------------------

G.I.*EDDIE

Member # 475

Rate Member

posted May 14, 2009 14:03      Profile for G.I.*EDDIE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so i pre-ordered one the day the pre came out...cool...but are you guys saying that the paint scheme will not be a plain consistant color?...

i'm sure i will take some ruffing up for wanting it to be plain, but oh well...

is there a chance a non-Jolly Rogers version will get released?...would it be cheaper?...

Posts: 9 | From: SE Michigan | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
thunderdan19

Member # 448

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2009 17:18      Profile for thunderdan19   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm confident there'll be multiple color schemes before it's all said and done. I'm really hoping for the subdued VF-84 Skull 'n' Bones, but I'll "settle" for a CAG Jolly Roger...

--------------------

cold slither

Member # 446

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2009 17:38      Profile for cold slither   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dan, everythings been moved to the new and improved board
http://www.nethijinx.com/tango/index.php
Its better software, much like hisstank. this sites going down, the new ones there for the long haul.
Come join us!

--------------------
My Buy/Sell/Trade List
Will trade BBi UH-60 Blackhawk for this:
Huey on ebay

Posts: 220 | From: Atlantic City, NJ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2009 17:48      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Going down like a ... well you get the idea.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.