my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » 1:18 Scale Military Toys   » Sewing Circle™   » Go order the F-14A VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" now! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Go order the F-14A VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" now!
Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:16      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Go order the F-14A now and do not set on the fence. I would advise those of you whom want the JSI 1:18 scale F-14A Tomcat in the VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" scheme to do so now as I have been e-mailed and told that the plane will sale out quickly. Go guarantee your order now at militarytoyshop.com. they do not charge until it ships (or preparing to ship).

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Posts: 129 | From: Norman, OK | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:16      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
are you forreal? so the 1st scheme will be jolly rogers?

--------------------
Wanted:

GIJOE best of 80's DVD pack
25th Anniversary Cobra 5 pack (not legions)

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Posts: 115 | From: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 16:21      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to know why this site has preorders for it, but not the other 2 big sites.

--------------------
Vicodin: It's what's for dinner, breakfast AND lunch!

Posts: 262 | From: Pana, IL | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:21      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Per Isaiah from militarytoysshop.com, "PAINT SCHEME UPDATE: I AM STILL WAITING ON CONFIRMATION FROM THE AMERICAN DISTRIBUTOR ON THE FIRST PAINT SCHEME. I HAD RECEIVED INFO FROM JSI THAT IT WILL BE VF-84 JOLLY ROGER.

LETS HOPE WE CAN GET THEM TO CHANGE THE PAINT ON THE F-15 AND SU-27."

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:23      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I addressed that "let's get them to change the schemes on the 15 and 27" whining over on SSHQ.

Every once in a while i wished the manufactures would tell fanboys to shut the fuck up.

I know Hasbro does, sometimes.

Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:25      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ewokhunter92:
I want to know why this site has preorders for it, but not the other 2 big sites.

Militarytoyshop.com is very legit. They have always had exclusive's paint schemes, especially, Admiral Toys and from Merit Itn'l. (The actual U.S. producer of JSI Toys). They already have the SBD Dauntless exclusive and the Soloman Islands A6 Zero.

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:26      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, I have my pre-order in top ensure that I get mine. This is the actual VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" paint scheme (barring personal id markings like the pilots name and numbers on the plane).

VF-84 "Jolly Rogers"

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 16:27      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, since it's the 84, I ain't taking any chances and went ahead and preordered.

--------------------
Vicodin: It's what's for dinner, breakfast AND lunch!

Posts: 262 | From: Pana, IL | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
cold slither

Member # 446

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 16:30      Profile for cold slither   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So who trusts me enough to pre-order a Jolly Roger for me? Belive me as soon as you know actual price I'll send you the funds via money order.

--------------------
My Buy/Sell/Trade List
Will trade BBi UH-60 Blackhawk for this:
Huey on ebay

Posts: 220 | From: Atlantic City, NJ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:30      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How many did you guys order?

I think I am gonna go ahead and order 2 of them.

Since when does Iceman fly without Maverick?

--------------------

"I never rail against my Country. I rail against those who seek to destroy it." - Mark Levin

Posts: 144 | From: USA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:31      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nice! At least we are safe from missing the boat ion this one. For those that think that they can get a better price, Think again as it would not be much if they were to, Militarytoyshop.com does adjust the actual price from past pre-orders. In the AT 1:18 SBD Dauntless case, they went ahead and honored the $70.00 price range for it as everyone will be paying $100.00 plus.

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:32      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bravestarr:
How many did you guys order?

I think I am gonna go ahead and order 2 of them.

Since when does Iceman fly without Maverick?

Just one for me.

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:32      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since Maverick hung up his wings and joined Scientology.
Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:32      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone have a coupon code for these?

--------------------

"I never rail against my Country. I rail against those who seek to destroy it." - Mark Levin

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:34      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hahahaha!!!

Fair enough.

I still want two of them!

--------------------

Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:38      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually wonder if Tom Cruise will get any.

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:42      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All I know is that I have now successfully pre-ordered 2 of these awesome birds thanks to you guys.

Holy shit.

I wonder where the hell I am gonna hang both of these??

I think I will just eventually have to build a 1:18 scale Aircraft Carrier flight deck to accomodate these with my 3 BBI Hornets (Red Devil, Golden Dragon and Jolly Roger).

Damn, you guys are the greatest for sharing this information with me!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:42      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Share and share alike.

*waits for the Sukhoi*

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:45      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starfighter:
I actually wonder if Tom Cruise will get any.

Not from Nicole Kidman!

Hahahahahaha!!!

PS... I say we keep these F-14 Tomcats our little secret for a few days to let our friends get their orders in before the Stank people and their scalper buddies find out and go nuts pre-ordering them all.

--------------------

Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:48      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tom's lucky he isn't getting it from Kelly McGillis these days.

Woo-oof!

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:56      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought Loony Tunes was with the brunette from Dawson's Creek?

Didn't she have his alien baby?

I also heard that her father wanted to kick Looney Tunes' ass for psychologically damaging his daughter with all that Scientology stuff?

--------------------

vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 16:58      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
to be honest, how come the bbi birds retailed for less than a hundred bucks and now these new bird will be 200+. Im not as much of a baller as some of you guys are, im sure i could save that up, but dropping 200 bucks could be a hard one to pull off in this economy. How do they expect casual fans to bite? we all saw how the bug Star wars millenuim falcon and at-te went to clearance, and that Joe Ultimate battle pack? nobody dared touch it at 60, i dont want to sound like a cheapskate but i have to at least argue the point.

--------------------
Wanted:

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 17:00      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got my pre-order in.

--------------------
Current Custom: Coming Soon
{Buy/ Sell/ Trade Thread} | {Feedback} | {Flickr}

Posts: 172 | From: Wichita, KS. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:01      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, the Bbi birds came out quite a few years ago.

These will not be for the casual fans. You "I'm buying 3 RoC Dragonflies!" need not apply.

vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:05      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fuck it, time to start selling some shit

--------------------
Wanted:

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:06      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vupa,

1.) You cannot compare these aircraft to the mainstream Hasbro stuff.

2.) You are paying for a more highly detailed item.

3.) If you cannot afford one, then I understand, but don't be surprised if these sell out quickly.

The reason? BBI had limited runs on many (not all) of their SE aircraft like the Blue Angel, Jolly Roger, Red Devil, etc... Now look at how rare those are!

I wouldn't be surprised if the initial run of the F-14 was limited to less than 5000 pieces worldwide.

--------------------

Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:10      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish that they would come out in months to be honest. But, now that I have my pre-order in, I feel at 3ease with the time frame.

[ May 13, 2009: Message edited by: Starfighter ]

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:12      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starfighter:

Yeah, as Konigstiger stated, it is definitely not for the casual fans. This scheme will sell out quickly. You also have to remember that this is a holy grail type piece. Many, for years have stated that they wanted a F-14 Tomcat. Heck, the 1:72 scale Century Wings sell out almost instantly when they release a new bird for $70. The F-14 is their biggest seller.

Plus, unlike Star Wars, we are not thrown everything at us like no matter what of the quality. Star Wars is cool. I like it, but it is shoved down our throat constantly and another new piece that Hasbro gives us will come out again (many times over).

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Starfighter

Member # 455

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:14      Profile for Starfighter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember when I got my Red Devils plane. It sold out in a couple of months from BadCatToys.com. It was their exclusive and many at the time did not like it. Now, they go 3 to 4 times their retail price.

--------------------
BOOMER SOONER!

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:17      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Precisely on the Red Devil.

Precisely!

I have one as well, and got lucky with Bad Cat when I did.

The only problem is that I cannot remember where I placed the correct decals to place on the forward stabilizers.

Dammit! hahahaha!

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 17:18      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn you, damn you all to hell.

Got 2 preordered. God knows where I'll get the money for that. Do they still buy blood/semen?

Sigh.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:20      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i just needed some reassurance tis all

when i think back a few months, the whole scale was in limbo, and thus we never knew if BBi would ever come back out with more jets, let alone any new jets. maybe its sticker shock

--------------------
Wanted:

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Konigstiger

Member # 465

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:22      Profile for Konigstiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
Damn you, damn you all to hell.

Got 2 preordered. God knows where I'll get the money for that. Do they still buy blood/semen?

Sigh.

Semen won't do, they're too stringent with the guidelines.

Plasma, however can be given a few times a month and i hear the money is good.

Bravestarr

Member # 466

Rate Member

posted May 13, 2009 17:24      Profile for Bravestarr   Author's Homepage   Email Bravestarr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah-hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!

"NSA GOT TWO!!!!!!!

NSA GOT TWO!!!!!!!

GET HIMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!"

--------------------

cold slither

Member # 446

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2009 17:24      Profile for cold slither   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Truthfully after seeing the BBi birds go for $300 plus regularly on ebay, I'll bet none of us who follow this are reeling over the sticker shock.
I'm not even blinking over the $200. price tag. I mean, it's expensive, but seriously worth it.

[ May 13, 2009: Message edited by: cold slither ]

--------------------
My Buy/Sell/Trade List
Will trade BBi UH-60 Blackhawk for this:
Huey on ebay

Posts: 220 | From: Atlantic City, NJ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.