my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » La Musica Grande!   » ADVENTURE AHOY!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ADVENTURE AHOY!
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 15, 2001 14:00      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry for my shitty narrative, I haven't written anything in a while.

So last night, my friend and I decided to go adventuring. I didn't feel like sitting here on my computer, so adventuring was going to happen. Onward to Arizona! And we go towards Kingman, which was about 100 miles away. We venture through the Hoover Dam, past a disappointing road block. A pack of wild coyotes roam through the mock parking lot with a view overlooking the dam. We chased them, trying to coax one to be our friend. Mission failed. So we get going again to normal highway speeds.

Oh! A Quarter tank! Better fill up. Wow. This next stop has gas at it...Pierce...Field? Oh well. So we drive down a long road. A long road. I have zero depth perception, so the group of lights I saw from the highway were actually just strung along a long road like Christmas lights on a rooftop. And we finally get to the gas station. The lights are on, but the door is locked. Apparently, they close at 8. And it is 9 at the time. A button is pressed to call for service, but after 10 minutes it is obvious that no one plans on answering. So, we venture to the local bar, a bit up the street on the opposite side. Cold shouldered by a group of drunk locals, we at least find out the gas station won't be open until noon tomorrow.

My gas tank is now a notch above the red line. OK. We can try and make it and if we have to walk to Kingman, 30 miles away from the highway ends, at least we will be that much closer. We had heard that if you don't actually stop you have a better chance of the engine not dying. I blow through a stop sign, making an illegal left turn through traffic I cannot see, hoping no one hits me. I didn't see any headlights, so I figured I was well safe. I was. We were driving quite a ways, when the dummy light comes on. Check Engine. The fuel gauge was a now a notch below empty. Great. And even better, an incline. That always helps when you're running on nothing. Rocking the car back and forth, hoping it would give that little edge, my car was like the little engine that could. And it did.
We made it up the hill and were coasting to freedom! We pulled in to a gas station as I got out, giddy as a schoolgirl, and celebrated not being stranded in Arizona. Fuck you, Pierce Field. Fuck you, Arizona. I may be a moron, but this much I know: don't stop in shitty towns for gas, because they don't have any even if they say they do. And that was my adventure for last night.

I suck at writing stories. I didn't mean for it to be a story, but I wanted to write it down.

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: w3rd souljah ]

--------------------
I like taking showers.

karin

Member # 46

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2001 15:02      Profile for karin   Author's Homepage   Email karin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The purpose of life is to run on fumes to see how far you go, and then seeing yourself go gets you giddy like a schoolgirl. Aren't you happy you were giddy like a schoolgirl? Aren't we all hedonists? I'm sure that journey amounted to the best time in your life, ultimately being giddy like a school girl

Maybe I'm just lying in my endless repetition. But that was a fun story. Always go on a full tank to the middle of nowhere. Nowhere is a bad place to be stranded.

I have no idea where Kingsman is. But at least you guys past an uninteresting roadblock. That always makes for the best part of the trip as well.

--------------------
"We may rally around the flag, but never bind our eyes, ears and mouths with it..."

kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2001 20:29      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey today i took a roundabout wat too quick in the wet and subseguelty lost it and ended up pointing in the wrong direction ,me and liitle bro couldnt stop giggling the whole way home it was like we were ten it was fuuuuuny

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.