my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » is it just me... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: is it just me...
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2002 18:10      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
or does this place really suck lately? it's practically dead. someone needs to breathe some life into it.
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2002 19:19      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i totally agree.

but... i have nothing good to contribute, really.

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2002 20:01      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats the problem..
no one has anything to talk about..there is nothing going on that would cause excitement or that would interest us...
perhaps we are too used to each other...or maybe we are just plain boring..
who knows.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2002 20:54      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm just boring.

that is all.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2002 20:57      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah it has been slow but when you think about it it kinda makes sence. ts the same old crowd and its not one of those pages ppl magically stumble apon. its more of a group of ex ataris board ppl and their friends. i love this board. i feel like everyone is friends and thats a cool feeling. i'll admit it could use a little touch up but what can ya do. i guess the only idea is to either advertise it or just tell your friends about it

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2002 21:28      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well it's just not very exciting anymore, there's only so much realtive starngers on the net can crap on about.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 10:57      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a hard time believing that you people have nothing to share. It doesn't have to be all that interesting. I can think of at least 3 things to share with you all. Let's see... Okay. My friend just completed design on the new Hopeless Records website. You can check it out at www.hopelessrecords.com. Does anyone listen to the Selby Tigers? I'm just curious because they are from Minneapolis, as well. I am not sure how well known they are getting in the national punk scene. Anyway, I went to see the Weakerthans and The Promise Ring on Saturday night. It was a pretty good show; The Promise Ring have a fairly new sound that is more folk rock, but I like it. I felt like I should be in a dark, smokey bar sitting at a table with a cowboy hat on or something, but I thought it was pretty decent. The only bad part about that was that when we left the show there was about 2 inches of ice/snow on the ground and it was still coming down in sheets. Okay, now you give it a try. It's easy!
Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted April 29, 2002 11:43      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i can share. i'm one of the only sophmores going to prom, and i'm going with a senior so everyone is jealous. fun.
my boyfriend of over two years dumped me. not so fun.
my retainers smell bad and i need to clean them.
i'm wearing a gray sweatshirt and green pj pants.
i have group therapy later today and i plan to eat lots of pretzels because they help me talk. don't ask why.
i have the european history AP test coming up and i'm scared out of my mind.
i almost died last night because my friend Ian likes to do 80 in residential areas while smoking, changing cds, and checking his email.
they're playing the Hives on commercial radio which bothers me, because they don't deserve to be sandwiched between the likes of POD and Puddle of Mudd.
my tooth hurt, so i'll probably have to get my wisdom teeth pulled soon.
i got a job working at a summer camp this summer.

and that's all i can think of.
toldjuh i'm not interesting.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 11:46      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umm..ok...

Well i am currently making an investigative documentary on The Yeti, which is sort of like a Bigfoot. It will go on my portfolio...which i hope turns out alright.
That is honestly the only interesting or exciting thing that comes to mind.

--------------------
Sink it

Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 12:41      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since we're all sharing..

I'm fucking screwed for history class. I hate it. My TA is an evil wench from Satan's asshole.
I made out with some guy about a week ago. No strings attached.
I want to make out some more.
I have a sociology midterm tomorrow. No sleep for me!
I have a paper to write and finish by wed. I only have 3.5 pages while i"m supposed to have 9.
I have new Limbeck songs. They're dreamy.
I'm spending $1600+ for summer school.
My financial aid got cut for next year. I have to either pony up some more money or take out more loans.
I'm tired.
ANd now I'm late for class.
SCORE!

Did I mention i want to make out some more??

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 13:01      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yesterday i did the march of dimes in the rain. nothing like getting wet for 6 miles.
i ate 5 bananas yesterday.
i have so many fucking projects for school that i have to do and most i don't know how.
my parents are giving me constant lectures about college.
i have a bird biting me.

Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 13:28      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
from christy:
My TA is an evil wench from Satan's asshole

gah! those are the worst kinds! i feel for you.

anyway....
Tomorrow is my last college class EVER. so weird.
I'm moving at the end of this week.
It's been raining the last 2 days, which is good i guess.
My birthday is on sunday.
The NHL playoffs are kicking ass lately.
Anyone see the hits in the Toronto-NY Islanders game last night? Brutal
I need to find some dinner soon.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 13:40      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I ran a red light today, and a cop saw me and yelled, "hey, you ran a red light!", so i waved at him not knowing what to do. He didn't pull me over, so that's cool. The intersection was messed up and i couldn't see the light because it was kinda above my car even though I wasn't technically in the intersection. No big deal, but that is the only story I have to tell.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 13:48      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
These past few days have been fucking orgasmic!

First off, I, too, got a job as a camp counselor at the YMCA. I get paid $6.25/hr instead of the dirtcheap $5.20 working at everyone's favorite hellhole, McDonald's. I'm giving them the ol' 2 week notice soon. That alone was enough to make me giggle with glee. But then...

I ask my mom if I can go to Warped Tour this summer, and she says yes! I really wasn't expecting that, since she is really paranoid. We're going there, then going to visit my cousins in Chicago. Yay! My first time at Warped and first time (since I was about 2) in Chicago!

Plus it gets better...

I came home from work yesterday to find out my mom is going to buy me a car! I test drove it and it looks really nice. I am overjoyed!

Pair all this up with only 7 MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL, and Senior Breakfast tommorow and you can see how much I'm in heaven right now.

The only thing that could make this better is if I, like Christy, get to make out with someone too.

[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: Zesty ]

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 14:57      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
See kids. Isn't this fun? Sharing is nice
Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 16:08      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YES. This is actually quite fun. For my quick 10 minute lunch today, I had the thick and creamy peaches and cream yogurt mixed in with some cheerios in a large bowl. I was expecting it to be gross, but it wasnt! They ran out of granola cereal in the dining hall. So the Cheerios was a good move.

Speaking of the Hopeless website.. the Hopless merch/mail order boy snail mails me occassionally. He's such a cutie. So yes.

This guy I know was driving on the freeway.. and this cop and his fucking ride along were screwing around and almost made him go into the center divider because he was so distracted with those idiots. Yes.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 16:30      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's some of my sharing:

- There's a BIG possibility some of my friends and I will be taking a road trip out to California this summer, and in the process we'll be hitting up most of the major Warped Tour dates out there. So watch out Cali folks, I'm invading your turf this summer.
- I'm a huge dork because I just wrote the word "turf".
- My friend and I booked a show this past weekend and it drew about 270 people. Score!
- Floyd, the Jimmy Neutron-lookalike boy that I like (refer to the "My crush looks like Jimmy Neutron" thread for a photo), is completely and utterly oblivious to the fact that I dig him. I've tried repeatedly to give him my phone number for almost a month now, and he never even realizes I'm trying to. Let alone I can hardly get him alone for more than 5 minutes, and when I do, all he does is babble about the most assanine things. Blah... stupid boys.
- Last weekend I went to the Asbury Park Skate and Surf Festival, saw many many bands, and now, almost a full two weeks later, I'm still exhausted from it.
- I was supposed to see Brand New and Finch on Friday night, but the show was cancelled. So my friends and I went to the mall instead and I bought a rad wallet at the dollar store... it's green and is covered with yellow smiley faces. It's so cheesy, but I had to buy it.
- I'm eating bow tie macaroni and spinach in garlic sauce right now. Yummy.
- I really have to pee but I'm too lazy to get up from this chair.

I think that's enough sharing for now.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 17:48      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i may be seeing bright eyes next month. i hope like hell.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 18:10      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know something that would liven up the Bored: a Bored crush thread! Those are always fun. Or is it too dead in here for anyone to have developed a crush? Well, I have one, but I want someone else to go first, heh. I'm shy.

--------------------
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 18:36      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i had a hangnail and a splinter. they hurt like mofos.
i only had 2 bananas today (can you tell i like bananas).
i had an eerily easy math test.
i haven't cracked my neck today.
i restarted writing again. i think it's improving slightly.

i need to find some new music to listen to. i'm sick of everything i have.

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 19:15      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ohh..i do like this thread indeed...i can write whatever i want...yeee haw...and i can reply as many times as i want...

I also thought i would mention that i am between jobs right now, which really sucks. I have been searching like a madman trying to find one, but no one wants to hire and ex Mcdonalds employee.

Also for May 24, i am going to be going up to my friends cottage, where just about everyone else i know will be, either renting condos nearby, or staying where i am staying.

I also got my acceptance letter from McMaster University, which is where i wanted to go. Its just downtown which will save me a lot of money, plus its a good school to boot.

oh and about the board crushes...i don't have one.
i hate you all...err..no i don't..
haha...actually i just don't have a crush on anyone...and that is most likely because i don't talk to anyone really...on a personal level.

--------------------
Sink it

Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 20:04      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
congrats cassie!!!

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 20:04      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love you

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
matt

Member # 121

Rate Member

posted April 29, 2002 20:06      Profile for matt   Author's Homepage   Email matt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My time to share..

* I get out of the militay in 25 days.
* I move back to San Diego and back to my family for good.
* My life changes in 25 days and im SCARED shitless.

[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: matt ]

--------------------
24 hours in a day... 24 beers in a case....coincidence?

Posts: 37 | From: San Diego | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 20:15      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clobber:

and that is most likely because i don't talk to anyone really...on a personal level.

I don't either, I'm just kinda pathetic. I want to though. Everyone IM me @ reel lil fishie(AIM). I'm bored and in need of some new friends.

P.S. AAAAAAAH! dwpighsdughsdjkergfgnfguo
P.S.S. Ignore that.

--------------------
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted April 29, 2002 20:24      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
-I am listening to Hayden.
-I did more homework in the last two days than i have all semester.
-I hate boys.
-My car is very dirty.
-46 days until graduation.
-I got accepted to college.
-No job for the summer yet.
-I love Hayden.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted April 30, 2002 05:10      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey i like Hayden too.

--------------------
Sink it

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 30, 2002 06:09      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Miron Hayden ?
I dig those metal bands...
No time to share anything. Pack up. Leave. Off. Now. Goodbye sweet France, I'll miss you
7 hours left to do all the last minute things. AND I'm to tired to do them. Maybe I'm too tired to go.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted April 30, 2002 07:37      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well i've got something interesting to share...i'm a national champion!

well, a member of the interscholastic dressage team that won the 2002 interscholastic/intercollegiate national championship, held at johnson & wales this past weekend.

i would've been quite surprised if we didn't win...we were the only ones in the interscholastic division.

either way, i'm a national champion, right?

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted April 30, 2002 14:37      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
um let's see...

i just got back from work and hence i smell like the roast chickens they sell there. ew.
its like my boyfriend of two years and i aren't even going out anymore because we never see each other.
its just three weeks until my major important exams start, beginning with my french and german orals in which i have to converse for 9 minutes about illegal immigrants and Le Pen(french) and anne frank (german). FUN. also art, french and german reading/writing/listening and english lit. MORE FUN.
BUT after my exams i get 3 weeks of freedom, then a tiny bit of crappy school then another 6 weeks of freedom! yay!

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the mdogg

Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted April 30, 2002 14:53      Profile for the mdogg   Author's Homepage   Email the mdogg   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
time to share.

1. i just finished my third year of college. whoop dee woo
2. my band is getting set to make our new record and i am really excited. its sooo good!
3. my best friend (who i'd marry if she'd let me) is moving away in like a week (with only two weeks notice) and its really messing with my head. really
4. i got the new against me cd and i like it.
5. i need a makeout partnet
6. i need a haircut but dont trust anyone enough to cut my hair
7. hi
8. i broke a bass string the other day. i hate that.
9. i need to retube my amplifiar but since its a big daddy with 6 6550's and 6 preamp tubes, its gonna cost me over 3 hundred to do it! ewww
10. my band is going to tour in july. most likely up the east cost and back. any help with booking would really be appreciated. really

--------------------
www.moreorlessrock.com

Posts: 104 | From: Tallahassee / Tampa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 30, 2002 18:15      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the mdogg:

7. hi
[/b]

hi. how are you today?

my history teacher was talking about porn today.

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted April 30, 2002 20:14      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the mdogg:

5. i need a makeout partnet
6. i need a haircut but dont trust anyone enough to cut my hair
[/b]

pick me.

and where is she moving to? i still love that picture you made of you and her. so much.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
the mdogg

Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted April 30, 2002 23:07      Profile for the mdogg   Author's Homepage   Email the mdogg   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
she's moving to Chicago! the fucker!

yeah that picture is a classic work of dirty, dirty art

--------------------
www.moreorlessrock.com

Posts: 104 | From: Tallahassee / Tampa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2002 10:32      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mdogg, when does your band need shows for? Just July? I might be able to help you get a show in NY... MIGHT... just let me know when you need them.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.