my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » I live! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I live!
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2008 19:41      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Indeed, I am alive.

1st off.. a HUGE thank you to RJ and Aimee for continuing to send me a Christmas card every year. You rock. I am terrible at those type of things, but I will do better next year! Huzzah!

2ndly.. I hope everyone is doing well now that we are well into 2008.

In about 9 months it will mark the 10 YEAR anniversary of my fateful meetup with that there band "teh Ataris". Man do I feel old. As I sit here listing to some Twisted Sister (I WANNA ROCK!), I reflect over all the time that has passed. And I think, wow, thats a lot of time.

Anyways. I am continually amazed that there are still people here, through no work of my own (trust me, I do no work) you guys (and girls) have stuck around. For that I applaud you.

Now.. who is still alive?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2008 19:43      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Side note.. anyone else excited for the LIVE ACTION GI Joe movie coming out next year? I am! I also have a GI Joe tattoo on my leg so go figure.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2008 19:49      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man, Paul and I having nostalgic moments at the same time. ROCK OUT!

NOTE: RJ, thanks for the Xmas card as well. I actually sent one to you, only to have it come back as you no longer live at the address I sent it to. I suck. Hard. Like a shop vac, struck by lightning, in a puddle.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2008 21:58      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another side note.. this incarnation of the Bored has been going since.. 2001? Wow thats a really long time. I am impressed by the brilliance of the Ultimate Bulletin Board system! It truly is pretty ultimate..

Not that this Bored has had a whole lot of use, but still.. no data corruptions or hacks or anything in 7 years is pretty handy dandy.

Cheers to you Bored.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 21, 2008 00:06      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yet another side note.. I saw the Ataris (aka kris roe) is now traveling around doing an ACOUSTIC version of Blue Skies.. live at shows. Haha

I guess that is full circle.. personally I thought End is Forever was my favorite.. but blue skies was basically tied.

I noticed they let ataris.com registration expire (sad face), I have fond memories of that website

When you get old, 10 years sure doesnt seem like a long time. Sigh.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted February 21, 2008 14:07      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm still alive. I saw a thread about the Ataris on another message board, and I just had to tell the story of this place.

I find it funny that to this day, I have never heard a whole Ataris album. I've heard individual tracks, but never got around to listening to a complete album, yet I have always posted here. I'm not sure how that works out.

This is still the best place on the internet.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 22, 2008 00:03      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Best place on the internet! Im gonna have to quote you on that..

Another random piece of infomation...

check out: World Record White Seabass

My dad caught that beast of a fish last year.. crazy big!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 23, 2008 13:08      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
More random stuff.. from the old Ataris FAQ page:

quote:
According to PunkMunkey (RJ), there are 3 definitions of the word "atari":

Atari (uh-tar-ee):
1. A computer software and hardware company that flourished in the early to mid 80's, renown for bringing "arcade style" video games into the home.
2. An individual member of a kick ass pop-punk band (The Ataris) from Santa Barbara, California that's flourishing in the mid to late 90's and beyond, renown for bringing "punk rock style" music and emotional, heartfelt, intelligent lyrics to their fans everywhere.
3. Loose Japanese translation of "prepare to be attacked."

Haha, gotta love punkmunky

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted February 26, 2008 18:09      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I live.

I just survived my first earthquake. A whopping 4.7 on the Richter scale. Although I was about 200 miles away from it. I certainly shook a little though.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 26, 2008 22:01      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really? Eh I saw that on the news.. fun stuff.

I remember the California Northridge Earthquake ( Wikipedia ) in 1994.. I slept through it. YAWN.

Glad you are okay though!

[ February 26, 2008: Message edited by: NSA ]

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted February 28, 2008 17:06      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a miracle I survived!

Paul's Dad > fish. That was a big fucking fish. I like to think he wrestled it a bit.

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: Ewan ]

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted February 29, 2008 19:18      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fuck me in the pooper, that is a big ass fish. And did I see "Spear Fishing" in there? That process better involve more than your dad and a spear and that big ass fish, if not, your dad is a super hero.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted March 19, 2008 05:35      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Still alive, still the oldest here... still in France, still with Kim (which makes us the one an only NEt Hijinx married couple), no kids yet (except Kim maybe), still working in the space industry, still commited and quite a ranter, still thinking we overfish

What happened to all the other threads?

Congrats on everyone's joyful events.

As for the time capsule this site represents, I must say I stopped listening to the Ataris a long time ago (fortunately) although I like to listen to Blue skies every now and then.

Wow 10 years since "lookig forward to failure" (and what a visionary title )

It's funny how things changed. 10 years ago, topical messageboards were the main virtual social networks. Now it's more sites like myspace/facebook which only goal is to make people connect whatever the means.

Some day we'll look at this site like we look at elders : with respect, care and the thought that it's way outdated

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrugBust

Member # 154

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2008 19:52      Profile for DrugBust   Email DrugBust   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This board is still such a beautiful place.

I can't believe it was almost ten years ago I came here. I actually listened to LFTF yesterday.

Living in a town called Eau Claire, WI and working as a Flash/Flex developer and loving life

Cheers to everyone here, past and present!

--------------------
you show the world things and in showing the world you teach it what you want.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2008 11:36      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2008 19:09      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hehe.. yeah we still exist in some kinda state.. go figure.

I wish one of us would win the lottery, then they could pay for a bored reunion party

anyways.. whats up peeps!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2008 19:11      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also sad note.. I just found out Good Riddance broke up this year.. or last year I guess. I got the new live cd of their last concert. pretty good if you liked them.. I did.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted May 22, 2008 18:37      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought they were okay. I had the first album and the production was a sack of ass. Thank God we have bedroom studio whizz kids with their Pro Tools and political apathy, eh?

Speaking of Politics, are you voting for that old fart in your forthcoming elections Paul? Also: your [/USA] Presidential races are the most tedious thing I've ever known. And do defectors like Kim still get to vote? Which country do you want to invade/liberate* next?

*Delete as you like, the semantics are irrelevant. Also, Propagandhi just started randomly playing, which I thought was kind of well timed, but he's banging on about eating meat and we all know that kebabs don't have a homeland. Or something.

WOO! BEER! FOOTBALL! TITS!

Right?

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2008 00:18      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The voting situation for me is weird. Last election, I happened to be in AZ at the right moment, so I just voted there.

I *can* vote for the presidential election. That said, apparently, my vote is associated with the last state I lived in. Meaning AZ. Meaning everyone else is going to vote for the old fart. Arg.

That said, I should fill out the paperwork for the absentee vote thing this week. Although apparently, only 40% of absentee votes were counted last time. But yeah. I will fulfill my duty.

Only three more days of exams and then I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (for vacation). Huzzah!

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted June 18, 2008 19:32      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This place seems a little more lively than usual.

Apparently last time I was here I was still at my crappy job. I've moved to a less crappy one and I'm looking into taking the GMAT/going for a MBA.

I think I first came here in like 9th grade.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 04, 2008 21:48      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eh I have yet to vote in an election! WOO! Actually I take it back, I think I may have voted for the mid-term elections in 1998 when I first turned 18.

I'm very apathetic.

But if I did vote I guess I'd vote for McOld. I just don't like Baraka.

And yes the elections are getting ridiculously over here, seriously its like a reality tv show without the fun parts. No nudity! Which in this case is okay I guess.

I think I'd be okay with a bunch of politicians staying in a house for a summer and the winner gets to be president.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted August 05, 2008 02:00      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is funny. The train of thoughts that lead me here today. Got a friend request on Farcebook by Christy. Thought "hell, I remember meeting her in May 2002". Then I'm like "what happened to other people from the bored" and I come here to check and see that Paul posted a few hours ago almost 2 months after the last post.

What a coincidence.
well I don't think it's a coincidence. Now someone, explain me.

PS : can't believe I wrote almost 700 posts with this account (which means I must have written as many with the other ones...)

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2008 17:29      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been incommunicado for a while haven't I...seems as if everyone else has as well.

I've had a lot going on as of late...most of it falls under the category of same old...but things are pretty good despite what may be perceived as monotony...to the untrained eye, every day looks the same but things could not be more different.

The job's good...well I suppose you could call it a career now since I've been at at for about ten years (just a bit longer that I've been on the board...during it's earlier inceptions of course). Things are a bit slow but we're looking at a pretty good influx of work in the next few months which will liven things up nicely for the holidays.

The Mrs. is well...we did have a scare this spring though...no not that kind...the cancerous kind...turn out she had a mole that turned into a Melanoma (just about the worst kind of skin cancer one can get), luckily she's really good about "reading" her body and she caught it before it had evolved into something more menacing. She did have to have it excised which left her nursing a pretty nicely sized scar on our Hawai'i trip.

Caitlyn still manages to amaze on pretty much a daily level...she 6 and in first grade. She just finished up a winning soccer season and has expressed interest in taking up skateboarding (not at all due to my influence ).

Oh yeah...and I have a pituitary adenoma, which is a tumor on my pituitary gland...the doctor caught a fairly serious hormone imbalance after my last physical and decided to follow up with a MRI, which let to the consultation with an endocrinologist that turned into a follow up with a neurosurgeon. To make a long story short I can either pop pills for the rest of my life or I can get the thing carved out a pulled out through my nose...so in the coming months I'll be going under the knife...the surgery and recovery are pretty easy as it's been explained to me so I figure it's the least invasive alternative to my lifestyle...spend a week or so recovering from surgery as opposed to having to remember to take a pill the rest of my existence with the threat that the tumor will again grow should I become forgetful.

Well...I guess that's the update for now.

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2008 02:49      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Updates are good.

Sorry to hear about the health setbacks RJ, although thankfully it seems that all has been/will be well thanks to modern medicine.

The first 100% BoredBaby will be making its appearance come April. David has promised me that by then the extra bedroom will no longer be a closet and that the baby will not have to sleep upon stacks of computer magazines from the 90s (I kid you not). I'm crossing my fingers that he follows through.

I am working on a masters degree in what would probably best be described as comparative literature. Currently working on my 100-page research paper (which I'm hoping to finish before April as well) which is about the transposition of the political allegorical reading of The Wizard of Oz to Gregory Maguire's Wicked. I think I may have bit off a bit more than I can chew, as no one seems to have done any sort of academic work with Wicked as of yet, but if I do manage to pull it off I do think it will be quite awesome.

Also working on getting myself a full-time job at the school where I currently work. Hoping to have something more administrative come next school year. Fingers crossed.

David is still doing his long commute to work and such. Also still being all nerdy and playing computer games until the wee hours of the morning (5am last night). I keep hoping he'll outgrow it, but no. Hmmph.

That's all from this side of the Atlantic.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 15, 2009 11:54      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. Been a while since I bothered checking my own site! Epitome of lazy I guess.

RJ, how did everything turn out? Good hopefully? Let us know! Drop me an email, I check that more often paul@nethijinx.com

Kim and David! A BABY! A 100% Bored Baby! I caused a LIFE! (well 2 more, since I guess I was there when my kids were created.. but I digress..). That's awesome! Congrats! Is the baby here yet? Its APRIL!

Anyway.. how is 2009 treating everyone? Good I hope..

-- Paul!

kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted April 24, 2009 05:32      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The BoredBaby is here!

He arrived April 7th, and his name is Liam. David finally found something to take thousands of pictures of other than ducks, boats, and sunsets. You can see some here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shellorz/sets/72157616384659405/

Currently doing my best to get used to lack of time, energy, and sleep (and failing miserably if you ask me!).

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 17:11      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very cute Congratulations! Huzzah and all that!

Being a parent is literally the hardest job in the whole world I think. You never get to go home, and the thanks and praises are a long time coming.

But yeah, it has it moments

Congrats again!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2009 18:17      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh Man, NSA. It has been too long! How are those things we used to love that we had in common? The local sports team is doing great too. Go local sports team! Anyway, I hope we'll see each other at the college reunion coming up this summer. I know everyone from the Harlem Community College is excited to see you.
Anyway, we'll talk later.

--------------------
Current Custom: Coming Soon
{Buy/ Sell/ Trade Thread} | {Feedback} | {Flickr}

Posts: 172 | From: Wichita, KS. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 08:22      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OH HAI!

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 08:33      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ewan:
OH HAI!

Ewan How is jolly old land over there?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted May 18, 2009 17:19      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sir! Nothing to report, Sir!

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted October 08, 2009 21:22      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Am i fashionably late? Shit... sorry.
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2009 17:17      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Holy shit. sickb0y lives. Wait, so do I! Graemlins! Argh!

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted December 27, 2009 23:15      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I surely do. Ewan too. I haven't seen this many posts flying through here in ages.
iLIKEtOfreeBAll

Member # 105

Rate Member

posted January 20, 2010 23:37      Profile for iLIKEtOfreeBAll   Email iLIKEtOfreeBAll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

[ January 20, 2010: Message edited by: iLIKEtOfreeBAll ]

Posts: 21 | From: cali | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.