my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Been Shopping.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Been Shopping.
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted April 24, 2006 10:24      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Built To Spill - You In Reverse
Blues Goblins - Blues Goblins
Wilt - Bastinado
Kevin Tihista's Red Terror - Judo

All for the princely sum of £23. Bargain! God bless Virgin Megastores and big mouthed Richard Branson for foolishly buying in a load of stock he couldn't shift in the first place. I can't see business working out for him if he carries on like this...

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted May 21, 2006 17:47      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've never been able to buy anything from Virgin Megastore. Maybe it's just the US stores, but everything is pretty pricey.

Hey, has anyone used Pandora.com? Kinda like last.fm, but just purely recommendations via flash radio stations. So maybe not like last.fm. It was working out pretty well for me until it played Babyshambles.

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted May 22, 2006 09:00      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I use Pandora from time to time at work...some of their recommended stuff is pretty spot on...some not so much...but it's interesting to follow the logic behind why they play what they play...well it is to me anyway.

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 23, 2006 15:33      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So everyone.. whats good music these days? Im still trying to find something good to listen to.. need recomendations!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted May 23, 2006 16:24      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I used Pandora. It tried to make me listen to Kaiser Chiefs. That is pretty much how it ended.

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted May 24, 2006 18:37      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So far this year I have loved the latest Quasi and Built To Spill albums. The Built To Spill offering is probably the more accessible of the two, and I recommend it to all and sundry. There is, frankly, a shitload of albums I'm expecting this year... all of which should be great... they include - The Shins, The Earlies, the Blood Meridian (heard live tracks by all 3... very awesome to the maxtreme) Micah P. Hinson, Ben Kweller, The Lapdancers (w00t! SBScene nerds represent!) Bad Astronaut, and The Lemonheads.

I just bought two Lunchbox CDs... [Lunchbox = AMAZING pop music on Magik Marker records] very fucking cheaply thanks to your stupid dollar. God bless Dubya for doing his bit for indie rock labels.

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted June 21, 2006 15:46      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel like unneccesarily bumping a dead thread, so here goes. The 2nd Lunchbox album is great, by the way. Not all the twee-pop I expected it to be... there's a big Drum & Bass influence in it, which I've not heard mixed with indie pop before and I really fucking like. It's not revolutionary, but it is wholly original.

I'm also only just now getting into Bob Dylan. He was at one point, most definitely, the man. Thank God for my Father's vinyl collection.

And to keep some relevance, today I bought three films -

Mean Creek
Dear Wendy
Deathwatch

(Each of which I expect to be inferior to the prior)

and...

Chuck Palahniuk - Non-Fiction
Douglas Coupland - JPod

I guess I have Kris Roe to thank for being aware of Coupland. At least something good came of The Ataris, eh? (Arf)

Also... speaking of Palahniuk, there's a band called Fightstar who have a song called Palahniuk's Laughter... they're signed to the indier than indie itself Deep Elm records, but the lead singer is an ass out of a boy band called "Busted" from England who frankly have about as much credibility as N-Sync. I'm drunk and ranting here, but damn. Damn them.

Okay, I'm done.

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.