my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » omgwtfbbq!!#*

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: omgwtfbbq!!#*
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2005 23:57      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So like, as I sit here listening to the NEW "Blink 182 - Greatest Hits" CD.. (wtf!@!@!) I was thinking, humm! I wonder whats going on with them there at-are-ees.

And low and behold, they have no website, just forwards to a Myspace page thing for the band.

Mike and Chris are not in the band anymore, its Kris and a bunch of new people (to me at least).

Well I guess that was a decent run for a band, the ataris music seems to be going WAYY weird now.. go figure

Ahh.. just thought it was semi-relevent, since those darn Ataris are how we all came to be here in the first place.

Woe

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 24, 2005 23:57      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh i'd just like to reiterate how old I feel.. there is a Blink-182 GREATEST HITS CD!! WTF are they the eagles now?

ahahaha.. damnit.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2005 09:46      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
oh i'd just like to reiterate how old I feel.. there is a Blink-182 GREATEST HITS CD!! WTF are they the eagles now?

ahahaha.. damnit.

Does the CD only have like 4 songs on it?

Kidding.

Kind of.

But as far as the Ataris...well, Kris was always kind of a fucking control freak when it came to the band's musical direction...not to mention he became a real fucking douche...so it really doesn't surprise me that this is the direction he'd point the band. I wonder if he regerets naming the band something whimsical now that he's "making more mature, serious music".

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2005 09:48      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
More importantly, I wonder what Chris Knapp is up to...that fucker had some serious talent on the drums.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2005 19:48      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah thats a good question, he was pretty smart too.. well he was a total preppie kid until he got "punked" by the Ataris.. haha rich kid makes it.. richer!

Oh well, Im sure he's off doing something making even more cash. It seems that Mike is still kicking it in the SB punk scene.. seems to fit

I still want to find Marco out there somewhere, painting houses or building guitars or doing who knows what. Man those guys were nuts

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2005 19:52      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh! And the Blink-182 CD has a couple more songs..

01.Carousel [03:12]
02.M&m's [02:36]
03.Dammit [02:46]
04.Josie [03:06]
05.What's My Age Again [02:30]
06.All the Small Things [02:51]
07.Adam's Song [04:07]
08.Man Overboard (Live) [02:47]
09.Rock Show [02:51]
10.First Date [02:51]
11.Stay Together for the Kids [03:53]
12.Feelin' this [02:54]
13.Miss You [03:48]
14.Down [03:13]
15.Always [04:18]
16.Not Now [04:24]
17.Another Girl Another Planet [02:41] -------
54:48

Which is mostly all standard fare, if nothing else it is kind of cool to listen to the songs and think where I was when they were all the rave. I remember when the video came out for "Whats my name again" and it was talked about everywhere. Sigh.

The last song though, "Another Girl, Another Planet" is a cover song from the band "The Only Ones" from the late 70's. Its actually REALLY good, I like it a lot.. go figure.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2005 22:46      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
did you read any of kris's blogs? they're crazy "i'm so much more indie than you". i can't wait to hear how much this new album will suck.
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 26, 2005 00:31      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am sure some people will like it, and stuff, but hey.. I dont think I'll be buying it thats for sure.

I really didnt like how their past album sounded.. it was just so off from everything else. I really loved Blue Skies and even End is Forever, mostly cause I heard that one every step of the way, but man... indie schmindie.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 26, 2005 08:12      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Somebody should really tell that poseur douchebag that "Indie" is short for "Independent"...as in not on a major label.

What a fucking tool he's turned into.

--------------------

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted October 26, 2005 12:34      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ha! This place has turned into such the antithesis of what it started off as... what brought us once together in love, let bring us now together in hatred. Or something. I'm feeling wordy today. Oh and I saw their MySpace page. I left it. End of.
Though I must say that I am curious to hear the new stuff, even if I don't expect much and don't intend to go at all out of my way to sample it...

Still, best of luck to 'em and all that, although I certainly won't be spending my hard earned money on their new albums. I think I'll just hold tight for the Greatest Hits record.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 26, 2005 21:00      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so if anyone wants the ep kris (oh wait i mean kristopher) has been selling on his little house tour thingy, i've got mp3s. just him doing covers. kinda sucks, kinda doesn't.
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 27, 2005 08:11      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ewan:
I think I'll just hold tight for the Greatest Hits record.

You already have it, it's called Blue Skies, Broken Hearts.

Seriously though...Kris had a knack for writing solid, hooky pop-rock songs and now he's trying to out "indie" everyone else...weak.

Great music has always been about influences, not simple mimicry...the best musicians out there have always taken their influences and then crafted somthing unique and personal from them, without forcing their own style to fit a certain mold...Kris' new shit seems so forced...like he's merely copying shit he thought would be cool or give him "indie" cred. Meh.

--------------------

Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2005 14:46      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's been a while since i've posted here but i just read this thread and found the answer to paul's question. Here's some samples of the ataris' new stuff... or should i say kris roe and the "new ataris". it sounds nothing like their old stuff at all! it'll be an interesting record probably worth listening to but not if you're looking for another blue skies.

http://www.myspace.com/theataris

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 26, 2006 00:18      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate the Ataris.. and I hate how I still love Blue Skies and End is Forever.. DAMN THEM!! haha I think I'll always have an emotional attachment to those two records, whether I like it or not. UGH.

Woe to being young and impressionable.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted January 26, 2006 18:41      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Ataris played an acoustic event for some UCLA bro-ternity "Battle of the Bands" event last night. I think it was just Kris and that dude from Beefcake. But still pretty funny.

Rodney mentioned to me that Kris now formed a SEVEN PIECE band. HAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok. I got that out of my system.

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted January 26, 2006 19:24      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gnarly. To the maxtreme.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.