my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Royal River

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Royal River
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2005 14:55      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a band again. Here's a couple of our songs we recorded acoustically yesterday.

Sever Ties

Homesick

[ May 01, 2005: Message edited by: Ewan ]

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2005 17:07      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I might as well have made a post saying I have Dizzee Rascal and MIA videos. (He's a rascal, Dizzee Rascal!) At least then I'd have replied to it. Oh wait. I just did.

Also, this isn't one of those posts where I link to my dorky unsigned band and want your "honest opinion of it - whether you like it or not". Just the good stuff will suffice. (And is mandatory.)

Anyone who doesn't reply positively gets their last post edited declaring that they are "a big poopyhead with the cootees who doesn't even know that this is not a dog. It is a ferret!"

In my drunken stupor I can sense my moderator status being stripped of me all as quickly as it came*, though my Kindergarten Cop referencing may have spared it a short while longer... At least as long as my next post.

Wait... I'm digressing here.

*At least I didn't ban all the Australians.

I am a big poopyhead with the cootees who doesn't even know that this is not a dog. It is a ferret!

[ May 02, 2005: Message edited by: Ewan ]

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2005 22:59      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. I wish I knew which voice was yours Ewan, I think I could listen to you british people bicker and chuckle all day, its hilarious!

As for the songs..

Sever ties is good, it would be interesting to hear it UNacousticLY. And I like the beat of homesick, reminds me of thwaping things.

But it sounds good, better than a ferret playing a banjo with a twig. Much better indeed.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2005 23:35      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think I really like Homesick.. its a good song, lets hear more! I demand more! MAS MAS!!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2005 23:45      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And I like Sever Ties too.. they grow on me! Put up some full band MP3s! Wow, see NOW you get replies, you just need to offer up more threats

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2005 08:21      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good stuff E.

I really like the acoustic arrangement of both songs, and they're lyrically pretty solid. What type of sound are you guys going for ultimately? Do post more of your work when you get the chance....

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2005 14:32      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm digging it.
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 03, 2005 16:08      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna be original and write the same thing... It's fresh and moving, I like it.

On an unrelated note, thanx for reminding me of the "ban all the aussies" event. That made my day.
When was that again? 5 years ago ?
Dude, time doesn't just fly, it's propelled by a rocket.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2005 01:14      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:
Dude, time doesn't just fly, it's propelled by a rocket.

... a rocket that is on fire going through a hospital zone.. with ninjas.. who are also on fire...

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2005 08:00      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:

... a rocket that is on fire going through a hospital zone.. with ninjas.. who are also on fire...

...brandishing razor sharp swords (forged by little old Japanese men with helper monkeys that fold the steel 900 times) and throwing ninja stars, the really sharp kind too.

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 27, 2005 23:25      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So anyway, is there any more of this music to be had? *snap snap* Your eager fans demand it

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 29, 2005 22:59      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*waves hand*

Ahem, still demanding music over here!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2005 10:11      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Brannigan Rap is now online...

http://royalriver.cjb.net/

Listen and weep.

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2005 23:19      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh dear jesus christ in a handbag.. I think you just went back in time and raped my childhood with that song!!

AHH! I meant we demand more music in the vein of the other stuff.. wow. ANGER!(*#$*!@^$ haha

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.