my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 14, 2005 17:29      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright alright.. so the circle is finally almost complete.. heh. I am really HOPING upon hope that this wont suck the major suckage.. PLEASE Georgie Lucas.. let this redeem my childhood!

All the trailers and stuff seem to point in the right direction, I know it HAS TO be dark, and since its getting a PG-13 rating now.. it must be pretty violent. (All previous Star Wars always got PG).

I played through the new game LEGO Star Wars (yah yeah) and it went through EP III and things are looking good.. I hope.. I just need to see Vader kill some people and I'll be happy.

Sigh end /dorkdom.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted April 17, 2005 17:53      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Knowing that Anakin falls from grace in this episode and sfter seeing the trailers, I have hope for this one...I know that Episode I didn't even live up to it's hype and Episode II had a few moments of brilliance, but I think that Episode III will be the one that people remeber fondly (of the prequels that is)...I'm not sure if it will ever have the same iconic stature that Episodes IV and V have but there does seem to be promise...

Not to mention that watching the two animated Clone Wars series really has me excited to see if George can capture the intensity and action oriented feel that those two series have buit up...only a little over a month to go...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 18, 2005 15:21      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OMG the Clone Wars series was freaking amazing, I didnt see the first series when it was on CartoonNetwork, but I got the DVD when it came out a few weeks ago. WOW. It was nice not having to watch a bunch of 5 min shorts, and seeing it all together was really something else. THAT had the feeling of the original trilogy I think.

I watched the 2nd series a few weeks back when it was on TV, and MAN it was an awesome sight seeing Anakin using his force choke for the first time The Dark Side cometh.. bwahaha.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted April 19, 2005 07:52      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bought my tickets for the 9:00am show on Thursday...I would have gone to a midnight showing, but both Aimée and Caitlyn want to see this one...Caitlyn is especially excited to see more of Yoda. I hope the movie has the same effect on her that the original had on me some 20+ years ago. Shit I'm old.

--------------------

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2005 08:04      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bought the soundtrack yesterday...it came with a DVD retrospective of the Star Wars movies set to Williams' music, however, I have yet to watch it. Perhaps tonight.

--------------------

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2005 08:06      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also bought some Star Wars cereal...Cailtyn pointed it out to me in the store.

Star Wars + crunchy oat bits + marshmallows = A MUST BUY!

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2005 08:27      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got the soundtrack+dvd yesterday as well, I watched the DVD as soon as I got home. It is really well done, and I really enjoyed it. I've always been a HUGE fan of the Star Wars soundtracks, and the DVD really linked all the movies together through the music and visuals. I think you will really like it, its neat

And as curses come.. stupid Episode III comes out on may 19th.. which just happens to be in the MIDDLE OF FREAKING E3 (electronic entertainment expo) so I forsee millions of nerds perplexed at what to do, go see all the hot new games or see the hot new finale to star wars.. I am one of those nerds. I guess E3 is finite.. while Star Wars III might be in theaters a while.. but still.. grr.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2005 11:05      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
go to E3 and see star wars at night. i'm assuming E3 doesn't go 24 hours a day.
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2005 01:27      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yessss.. that would be the wise thing to do, but it sounds better if there is a dilema involved I guess.

Speaking of which, this has nothing to do with a dilema. I got the new Episode III video game for Xbox today, and WOW its cool. Its very similar to the LOTR games, VERY VERY similar, but thats not a bad thing. It works well, and its really fun to see some teaser clips from the movie interspersed. I've given up trying not to "spoil" myself this time around, since I already knew most of what HAD to happen in this episode.. I mean we can all connect the dots.. Obi-wan becomes the emperor who eats yoda and imagines darth vader.. wee!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2005 01:28      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also! From what Ive seen in the clips from EPIII.. theyre is a lot of Animated Clone wars references.. so its nice to see that it is FULL canon and fits in the story perfectly DORK!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2005 07:53      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
in that case i think i need to finish watching the clone wars. 5 more!
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 06, 2005 04:17      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
who's already seen it ?
I mean the editing leaked version

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 08, 2005 00:06      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How complete is the leaked version? I thought I read somewhere that Lucas was going to be making edits almost right up to release day. Interesting!!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 08, 2005 14:35      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Edition involves adding stuff but also taking things out. So, I think a "not final" version is quite interesting.

I don't think they set the 18th of May (in Europe) as a release day because it took them that long to finish the movie. It's rather a question of being in sync with all the other products (including games, derived products, toilet paper...)

I think a part of me will be weary when I go check it out in the theatre. Just because I'll be the consumer they want me to be.

I tend to think this is getting too big

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted May 08, 2005 19:14      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hasn't star wars always been pretty big?
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted May 09, 2005 03:15      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes, but I see what David's saying. I saw a report the other day on the whole SW revival phenomenon, and apparently there is yet another SW project in the works after this... rereleasing all the movies one by one in 3D (yes, with those goofy glasses and everything).

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted May 09, 2005 09:03      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and the tv show.
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 09, 2005 10:45      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike:
hasn't star wars always been pretty big?

Not that much.
I think it became sort of big with the return of the jedi (or maybe I think that because it's the only one I could be old enough to REALIZE it was big).

If I had to sort them out (from the best to the "less better") that would be 5-2-3-4-6-1

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 19, 2005 13:39      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What ? no comment yet?

Are yous till stunned or what?

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2005 20:25      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i just saw it tonight. i loved it. almost made me a cry a bunch of times.

i'll probably be seeing it at least one more time. might bring my saberspoon with me.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 25, 2005 22:32      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Drool.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.