my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » New music

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New music
Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted April 03, 2005 15:45      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm on a serious dry spell here. I have nothing new to listen to, which makes me sad. Any suggestions on what's out/ what you are currently listening to?

Thanks.

--Christy

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted April 05, 2005 18:36      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been listening to a lot of Quasi, although it's not new, but I am seeing them live on Monday. Also, the new Brendan Benson CD and a bit of the new Beck CD. I thought the latest Mercury Rev was disappointing. How far from useful was that?

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted April 19, 2005 08:10      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NOTHING?!?!...from anyone!?!? ( E.)...I'm looking for some newer stuff too. Been spinning the new Hot Hot Heat lately...also listening to Bright Eyes latest as well as a lot of older material. Maybe I'm getting too picky about what I'm listening to in my old age, but lately a lot of the stuff that being churned out is just not captivating me.

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted April 19, 2005 09:40      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been listening to a lot of Ratatat, The Mountain Goats, Thunderbirds are Now, and Lucero. Pretty diverse stuff, but still good bands. I can explain the bands if you would like, or you could just check them out.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted April 19, 2005 16:29      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hm. Since I posted, I looked a little bit into the Bloc Party, The Thermals, and the new Decemberists, all of which are ok. I've heard only two Thunderbirds are Now songs. Maybe I should check that out as well.

How is the Beck CD, Ewan?

The only thing I am REALLY looking forward to is the new Sleater-Kinney in May. And that's about it.

--Christy.

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matthew

Member # 205

Rate Member

posted April 20, 2005 08:20      Profile for Matthew   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i got the new beck and it hasnt really done anything for me. sounds good on headphones though. but i internet stole the new gorillaz and was suprisingly impressed. dennis hopper tells a story about a monkey island fire head or something.. rad!

i'm definitely stoked for the eels cd thats coming out soon. man i buy far too many cds, and they all cost like 25 bucks here.

oh i just got an old blackalicious EP. those guys (that guy) are (is) cool..

ben folds is growing. not great but i like the fuzz bass.

i'm really stoked for summer sonic though! www.summersonic.com

--------------------
i get rad

Posts: 18 | From: Tampa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted April 23, 2005 07:03      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wasn't overly impressed with the new Decemberists CD - I much prefer the first two albums - but I'll give it some more listens. I'll get Songs For Silverman on monday - Ben Folds is a genius and the three EPs were better than Rockin' The Suburbs so the album should be a return to form.

Also, for all those of you into all these new Brit bands like Bloc Party etc... you might want to check out The Editors. Part of all that 80s revival guff (It wasn't good the first time so why now!?) Not my cup of tea really, but I work with the bassist's brother (tenuous link!) and they're being touted as the next big thing. Remember, you heard it here first!

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 27, 2005 02:39      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i recently fell in love with Tegan and Sara... i used to hate chick rock, but i think they're wonderful

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 27, 2005 13:30      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of NEW MUSIC.. yesterday marked the release date of "Family Guy - Live in Las Vegas" which is really really funny. Basically its all the actors singing show-tune-esque songs and making jokes and the like. If your a fan of Family Guy make sure to check it out, its HILARIOUS!

I think the website is Family Guy Live in Vegas! and they have some song clips.. its really funny.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2005 00:00      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New music = New weezer.. its.. goodness. Its weezer so its bound to be good. I like it, its simple and nice. Joy! ALSO: Everyone re-listen to Jeffries Fan Club, its the best ska music.. ever.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2005 00:00      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh and I burned Ewans LONELY 2 songs onto CD and take them with me, I really dig it. I demand more

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

rodney

Member # 140

Rate Member

posted May 31, 2005 00:48      Profile for rodney   Email rodney   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sooo bloc party is good but its kinda like they aren't super amazing so i don't know what all the fuss is over. dredg has a new album coming out next month called "catch without arms"... now that one is super amazing. eisley is good if you're into folky girl rock. the new sleater kinney is all weird and i'm sick of it because thats the only thing my girlfriend ever listens to. rise against is good while you're waiting for the next strike anywhere album to come out. and paul stop talking about jfc or you'll end up starting the 4th wave! you know these damn screamo kids are losing interest and looking for the next trend. keep that shit to yourself or we'll have a revival on our hands.

p.s. hi everyone hope you're all doing well!

Posts: 4 | From: los angeles, ca | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 31, 2005 22:54      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
jeffries fan club will live OOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! if only in my cd player. Sigh.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Sabrina

Member # 210

Rate Member

posted June 01, 2005 12:56      Profile for Sabrina   Author's Homepage   Email Sabrina   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well If you are in the mood for new music you should get your hands on the new Larger than Life album, "And the Band Played On" I released it on my record label 816 records. It's way rockin my old skool brothers and sisters.

Mucho Amor
-Sabrina

http://www.purevolume.com/largerthanlife
http://www.LargerthanLifeMusic.net

Posts: 4 | From: San Diego, Ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted June 20, 2005 10:54      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Even if I like JFC (and even if it's the only kinda big ska band that played in my town), Paul, I don't agree with you, there are lots odf better ska bands : Mustard Plug, Less Than Jake (they play some ska too), the toasters, Voodoo glow skulls, reel big fish...

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted June 20, 2005 17:05      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aside from the new Oasis and Coldplay albums (cause let's face it - they're indie drivel toss and who really gives a fuck about them anyway? Not me...) may I point out the new Foo Fighters CD and The Magic Numbers who are well worth checking out folks. Also, the new Micah P Hinson CD. Now go go go!

Incidentally Ben Folds rocked and crooned like a motherfucker live. That's right.

http://www.royalriver.cjb.net

--------------------
It's hard to tell.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.