my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Remember this? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Remember this?
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted March 11, 2005 04:13      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Being bored on the internet leads to using google to search for random things, like screen names you used on messageboreds from ages past (or passed? i never remember).

And so i stumble onto this little neck of the woods. I don't suppose many people would remember me, and if they do, they probably aren't here anymore. But seeing as i talked to alot of people quite a bit here, i hope you're all doing well.

You should come to Australia one day, all of you (even if you're already been).

Anything else. Umm... not that i can think of.

Geez this was just ramble wasn't it!

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted March 11, 2005 08:32      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fuckin'-A.

Talk about MIA for a while.

Well, I haven't posted on here much lately either...life's been busy.

For those interested, he're a quick rundown about what's goin on:

• My daughter Caitlyn turned 3 in January. She's hilarous...very imaginative...very talkative...she keeps us very busy.
  • We've moved. Some of you may remember we were sharing a house with my brother and nephew. The arrangement was supposed to last about a year until he could recover from his divorce and get back on his feet. Five plus years later he's finally ready to be on his own (or at least shackin' up with his girlfriend of a couple of years now). So now my little familial unit has it's own place (sadly it's still a rental, housing prices are impossible to keep up with...especially when you have a child in day-care). We moved in the 20th of last month. I hate moving.
  • I am still employed at the same engineering firm after 6 years. A fucking miracle.
  • I've been playing quite a bit of Gran Turismo 4...I even bought the Logitech Pro wheel that is made for the game...the learning curve has been kinda steed but very rewarding.
  • I just downloaded the trailer for Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith last night...I am once again excited about Star Wars.

...anyway...that's been the last couple of months of my life. What's up with everyone else?

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted March 13, 2005 18:34      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, my babe turned 1 last week. We threw a big birthday bash for her this weekend with a Hawaiian theme. Good fun. She is doing well and has been walking/running since about 9 months and never stops moving so it is fun/tiresome/scary all at the same time. I think I mentioned awhile ago that my mom has breast cancer... she is now half-way through her treatment. It's been hard, but her chances are looking pretty good at this point. I found out last week that I have a small patch of skin cancer on my face. It's not the really dangerous kind, but it still has to be removed. I think cancer hates me. It's pretty odd that I got it considering the fact that I live in a state that only has sun for like a blink of an eye each year and I have never been a tanning type of a person. But, I do have fair skin and am very unlucky apparently.
That's about all for me...hope everyone else is well

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted March 13, 2005 20:52      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i still have no children and am not married/seeing anyone or anything like that.

just got back to my dorm from spring break. i can't wait to go home again, i'm really sick of school. i feel betrayed by saved by the bell.

kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted March 15, 2005 23:15      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still have no job, whee. I have applied to go back to school this fall; I got my results back on my french fluency test the other day and all is well, so hopefully everything will go as it has been planned.

Everything else is the same. Whee.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted March 15, 2005 23:36      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RJ, Jody, Paul, and Norm (and to whoever else has a baby): I want kid photos.

Everything's the same here. I'm in the middle of finals week, then I'm onto my last quarter of school! Then graduation! Gasp! I applied for a public policy fellowship to work in Sacto for 11 months. I get news on that next month... Other than that, I've done very little to find a job after graduation. Anyone wanna hook me up with a job??

I will be getting a puppy dog in June. A PUPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY. YEEEEEEEEEE. <3 <3 <3

Bark bark wook woof.

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted March 16, 2005 02:24      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not fair.

DAVID I WANT A DOG!!!

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted March 16, 2005 12:32      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy K.:
Bark bark wook woof.

... shit shit piss piss

Kim (my wife, for Sickb0y) wants to go back to uni and, since I have to work, the dog will prolly look after himself in an apartment on the 4th floor. Be a grown up, sweetie.

And I don't think there are more than 10 guys posting on this board these days (or even reading). WOuah, remember when it was hundreds?

Who stayed true to the bored ? you know who you are

Damn I'm older than I've ever been and now I'm even older...

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted March 17, 2005 09:54      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, here we go... Here is where I am in life. Lost. I was passed over for promotion, given even more responsibility and to top it off, denied a pay increase, so I am in the market for a new job. Which means putting together an updated bag of stuff, getting together a functional resume, putting together a web portfolio, and trying to get any interview I can, as the job market here is tighter than, well, something very tight...

Lisa is currently in a job which would be incredibly rewarding and really great for her, if it wasn't for a complete lack of support from her boss, and the complete and total disrespect from her employees. They are, of course, uneducated idiots who really aren't even qualified to do what they do, but have been there so long that Lisa's boss won't fire or even discipline any of them. So she is pretty grumpy a lot.
To top it off, Lisa was put on Paxil in October, and come to find out, 1. She didn't need it, 2. The side effects are MURDER (migranes, irritable bowel syndrome, fatigue, exhaustion, loss of appetite in conjunction with weight gain, and to top it off, irritability) 3. That shit is harder to kick than heroin 4. There isn't shit you can do. So she has been working on kicking it for 5 weeks. She hasn't taken any in 2.5 weeks, but the side effects of withdrawl are horrible too.

So I have been having a field day with trying to figure out how to do everything I have to do...

On the bright side, Calvin is doing great. It is the most amazing thing, being a parent. He is just the cutest, smartest most amazing theing ever, and I am sure Jody, Paul and RJ feel the same way about their kids. It's just so wonderful to see this little person learn and experience everything. I cannot wait until sumer so I can take him to the zoo.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted March 17, 2005 09:55      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm. David, I know the solution to Kim's dog woes! You two should get a chinchilla. They're nocturnal, so while Kim's at school, and you're away at work, the little rascal is sleeping allll day. Then you can come home and play with it. And they don't smell. They're cuuuute. And they take dust baths. You just have to keep them out of the sun so they don't get seizures.

I think you should get one.
http://members.aol.com/sirchin/chininfo.htm

--Christy

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted March 17, 2005 15:07      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy K.:
You just have to keep them out of the sun so they don't get seizures.

Why that? Aren't the seizures the fun part actually?

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted March 18, 2005 04:39      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
okay, the chinchilla is really cute and all, but it lives to be like 15 years old. I am willing to make that sort of commitment for a dog (because I really want a dog), but not for an animal that might keep me from later getting a dog (out of fear that they dog might eat it).

of course, people are like "get a cat" because they don't care if they're alone all day and such, but I'm allergic to cats, so that's no good.

I guess I am going to have to die old and alone petless.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted March 18, 2005 08:04      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
get a bird. they're cute and cuddly.
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted March 18, 2005 23:52      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EEEEEK.

I am afraid of birds. Well, most birds. I could probably handle a big macaw-type thing because those don't really fly, but they're so expensive. :x

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Sir Paul

Member # 211

Rate Member

posted March 19, 2005 12:20      Profile for Sir Paul   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Paul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kim.. you should get a Fowl Demon, haha remember that picture?

And good-old sickboy.. wow.. long time no talk dude. Welcome back, though it seems only briefly. There are still a dozen or so of us clinging onto this little bored. Its good to see (read?) you again. If you use AIM still my s/n is still (and always..) "iDarthPaul" (yes, I am that dorky).

Trevor turned two at the end of February, and its crazy. Hes so into EVERYTHING these days (including Barney and Elmo unfortunantly..), but it is really awesome to see him learn something new. He adores playing Mario Party on the Gamecube, hes an expert at operating the dvd player and stereo.. and looks to be more technically inclined that I am.

Otherwise all is well.. Im sick, stupid cold and its raining AGAIN here in Malibu, we've just about totally washed away by now. Woe.

--------------------
This is a signature! w00t.

Posts: 41 | From: Malibu, CA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted March 20, 2005 14:15      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They say no news is good news, but actually it's just because I'm really boring.

I still live at home, I still work at Texaco and I still come to the Bored. I'm going to see Ben Folds live in May, and possibly going to France in the summer to stay with a French student who was staying with us. I'm in a band that never practices and am now able to drive my Mk2 VW Golf. Wahey.

Ewan.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 22, 2005 13:59      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Ewan!

How much is petrol over there these days? Hehe. Its always nice to see (hear from?) old faces every now and then. I'm glad everyone is still healthy and doing alright. Sigh!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matthew

Member # 205

Rate Member

posted March 26, 2005 19:17      Profile for Matthew   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ***norm:
...Which means putting together an updated bag of stuff, getting together a functional resume...

More like fictional resume, right?

Anyways, I'm doing well. I moved to Japan a year ago and have been teaching english near Nagoya, which is a fairly large city. The job is pretty fun and really easy since I work at the McDonalds of Japanese english schools. but I'm paid pretty well and it has a strict dress code so I guess it's a real job, eh?

oh, and I grew a beard this year. Regretably, I recently shaved it off ..feels like I lost a body part..

--------------------
i get rad

Posts: 18 | From: Tampa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted March 27, 2005 17:07      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
do you speak japanese?
Matthew

Member # 205

Rate Member

posted March 28, 2005 15:55      Profile for Matthew   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, I've been so lazy about it. I can get around with very few problems without speaking Japanese so I haven't been able to get motivated enough to take lessons. I've picked up a bunch of words and phrase, but I can't make a sentance to save my life..

oh well

--------------------
i get rad

Posts: 18 | From: Tampa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted March 31, 2005 19:17      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Caitlyn's the shorter one.

--------------------

kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted April 01, 2005 00:31      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
why is it that mall easter bunnies always look so scary?

Back in my Berkeley days (when I was working in that sad lil' Alameda mall), I had my picture taken with the easter bunny so I could scan it and send it to my mom, and geez. Scary easter bunny.

I think if I had gotten up for a drink of water and seen that bunny in my house the night before easter, I would have been scared shitless.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted April 01, 2005 12:33      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's the hollow, souless eyes and the ever-present smile...no one should be that happy when they're dead inside!!!

So how's the job situation going for you Norm?...y'know, if moving to Cali were actually an option for you, we have marketing positions opening up in my company right now...it's too bad things are as expensive as they are out here (especially housing)...I'm just hoping that in a couple of years it'll at least level off and maybe I can think about home ownership because right now, it's totally out of the realm of possibility...

--------------------

melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted April 02, 2005 19:13      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so, uh, nobody really remembers me but mike, but here's what i've been up too...

I'm close to finishing my first year at college (in the asscrack of Pennsylvania, also known as Gettysburg). I'm potentially majoring in physics, but I want to do a double major w/ Environmental Studies, and do a self-designed concentration in sustainable agriculture within that major, and also minor in writing. and maybe spanish too. oh, and peace & justice studies. and when I'm done with all that, I'll save the world. Or something.

My devious plans have so far been thwarted by my inability to pass Calc I

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted April 03, 2005 21:39      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi.

I got into college. I will start in the fall.

I hope this doesn't mean I have to start living on a diet of ramen again.

[ April 03, 2005: Message edited by: kismet ]

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted April 06, 2005 09:53      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, Congrats Kim! Now who is David gonna get to do the cooking and cleaning? And I can't believe that Christy is graduating because it seems just like yesterday that our little Christy was moving in to the dorm. Anyway, I was thinking that RJ should move to MN...cost of living here is probably pennies compared to what your used to... Did I ever mention that I have relatives in Sacto? I've been there a few times for family reunions. They are the Duncles and La Hoods...do ya know them? ha, ha!
Okay...it's a slow day.

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted April 07, 2005 08:47      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congrats indeed Kim!

...as for me moving to Minnesota, well don't think that something that drastic hasn't crossed my mind...a huge mitigating factor, however, is the fact that my family is here...if I could get them to pack up and join me I'd probably do it...at least I could afford to buy my own home.

--------------------

IwasStarla
unregistered

posted April 10, 2005 11:48           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... its 4:47am here and I cant sleep yet so I thought Id have a look at the Ataris forum, through which I found this place... I havent posted here in years and years... I used to post way too much about 5 years ago, it was rather pathetic.

Anyway, it was rad to see some familiar names...

IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2005 15:02      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
were you starla?
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 14, 2005 17:23      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow.. hah crazy. There is still links to this place from the Ataris.com forums? I'm surprised anyone there even was ALIVE to view this place

We're ancient by now.. welcome all the same though Still a few of us old decrepits hanging around.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted April 24, 2005 18:20      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like how sickb0y's the moderator of this forum and he forgot it existed. I move that we all deserve a promotion to moderator status. Who will second this?

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 25, 2005 12:36      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i second!
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 25, 2005 13:24      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Darn it only lets me assign 4 people as mods.. oh well, you lucky 4!! Not that there is much to moderate... but hey, maybe you can put it on your resume?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 25, 2005 16:25      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sweet, does this actually let me do anything new?
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 25, 2005 23:40      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you can close threads, edit peoples posts, acts of god.. you know.. the usual

go ahead.. try it.. use the dark force inside you! BWAGHAJAJAHAHAH.. ahem.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.