my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » photography

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: photography
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted February 02, 2005 15:14      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey guys, i'm trying to make some money by selling my photos, so if anyone's interested (or even if you aren't,) you should check out my site at murkybubble.fotki.com.

anyone have ideas for where else i could post this to get some buyers?

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted February 04, 2005 10:50      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
why do you want to sell them? Sell your talent and services or try to have a job that implies beautiful photographs, like wedding photographer.

I love above all love photos with a message, like with a quote, just as if it was the vision the photographer had of a concept, an idea.

This goes beyond the simple "beauty" of the picture.

I daily visit wilfrid hoffacker's photoblog and it's a delight. The quotes just hit it right. (well Ok it's in french, but still...)

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted February 04, 2005 18:38      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i want to sell them because (a) i'm poor, (b) people might want them, and (c) i'm poor.

and no one wants an 18-year-old wedding photographer.

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2005 01:00      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uh, offer the right prices, and people don't care about the age of the photographer. I mean seriously, have you seen the prices those "professionals" ask?

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted February 07, 2005 10:24      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by murkybubble:
no one wants an 18-year-old wedding photographer.

I'm sure you're wrong. If your pix rock and people hear about that and you produce good material, you can make your own business outta that.

My uncle used to be a photographer/reporter at your age. He would travel, take pix of nice things and sell them to papers/magazines. Still that's not a lot to make a living of.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.