my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » I am officially a dad!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am officially a dad!
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted July 20, 2004 18:31      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After a horrible labor, which included everything we were told about in prenatal classes, Lisa had to have a c-section. But, at 2:57 am we became the parents of Calvin James Klebba. (we figure he will end up CJ) He was 7 lbs 9 oz and 21" long. Both mother, son and even me the father are doing well.
I don't have an image host anymore, but I will have pictures tomorrow that I can e-mail to anyone with spare host space to post.

I am so happy.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted July 20, 2004 21:07      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yaaah! Good job, Dad! I'm glad everything ended well. And I love the name Calvin. Get some rest, you'll need it! Can't wait to see the little guy.
Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted July 20, 2004 21:35      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aww. How exciting! Congratulations again! If you're still looking for an image host, I have a crap load of space that I do nothing with. Just hit me up with an email or IM.

--Christy

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 20, 2004 23:21      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!!

Well I am glad it all worked out well in the end, I know in the heat of it all everything seems crazy, even in a normal birth.

If you need hosting let me know, I have a gajillion megs free to use on Nethijinx, so lemme know!

Again, congrats!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 21, 2004 09:05      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Norm, and welcome to Calvin James!...sorry to hear about the difficult labor but I'm happy that everything worked out in the end...as long as mother and baby are doing well then everything else is merely a technicality...

Your lives will never be the same...but I'm sure you know and welcome that fact...enjoy your new family Norm, may it bring you endless happiness.

Oh...and I know everyone else has offered up web space so in keeping with their sentiments, I'll do the same...if you need it, you know where to find me...congrats again!

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sabrina

Member # 210

Rate Member

posted July 21, 2004 09:28      Profile for Sabrina   Author's Homepage   Email Sabrina   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NNOORRMM! Congrats Honey-- Im so happy that YOU are happy. You are going to be a great father. Can't wait to see a pic of the newest rocker born!

Take care of Lisa, Calvin and yourself

sabrina

Posts: 4 | From: San Diego, Ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted July 21, 2004 12:06      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great! I can only add my "wow" to the joyful comments. I wish you three a happy beginning in your new lives and may happiness last long and strong.

I can have potential free gigs on the net if you wish but, hey, I guess you're gonna have lots of choices.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 21, 2004 22:40      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
viola!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted July 21, 2004 23:09      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aaw!!! He's so adorable! <3 I like how his sign says "I'M A BOY!"

--Christy

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 22, 2004 08:02      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YEAH!...he's a handsome devil!...you've gotta be so proud Norm.

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted July 22, 2004 10:59      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's really cute. I'm sorry he's got no arms. But the Kimono is nice too.
Gotta raise him like a free man now !

--------------------

Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted July 22, 2004 12:19      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Awww... He is so handsome. I see the resembles, Norm. Really!!!
I'm super happy for you.

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted July 23, 2004 06:07      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Lisa and I are just floating...

Wow, being a parent is crazy. Not bad, just really unlike anything I have ever done. I am just exhausted but happy. Lisa had trouble sleeping in the hospital, after being discharged yesterday, we got settled at home. Last night, it was decided (By me) that I would take care of him, between feedings, if he fussed so Lisa could sleep. (His feedings are supposed to be 2 hours apart, but since they can take 45 minutes, it can really be an hour or so) He sleeps in bursts of 9-15 minutes followed by 2 minutes of fuss. I, in turn, sleep in 7-12 bursts. It is difficult, but for some reason it does't seem that bad...

As for the boy looking like me, I have heard that from EVERYONE, but I really don't see it. But I ddo like hearing it.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just Kenny

Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted August 16, 2004 22:10      Profile for Just Kenny   Email Just Kenny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heee! Congratulations, Norm!

I can't comment on any resemblance to you quite yet though. Perhaps a picture of you and Calvin and/or Lisa, depending on whether or not she is declassified for posting pictures on an internet board.

Hee, a fresh little tyke! Cheers to you, man, and your new source of life.

I'm sure Norm won't mind if I direct the spotlight to Kim and David to congratulate them, as well, and wish them much luck. Cheers you two!

--------------------
Truly,
Kenny

Posts: 119 | From: Freetopia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted August 17, 2004 10:57      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Kenny!
Still, getting married is nothing compared to being a dad or mum. I mean, it's just a ceremony, a party and years of regrets
Becoming a parent obliges you to change your life may you want it or not (rather want it!).
Congratulations make me feel bad, considered it's really nothing. Wishes makes me feel great since we need luck to go through these lives with the tempers we have.

Still, I still like to point out that there aren't many couples made of people who met on this board (or the former ataris age one) and ours even went up to the marriage stage. Weird.

May I keep the spotlight for just one minute more ? Oh thanx. Well, I met my former english teacher in the train yesterday. This teacher was teaching english for students who were preparing advanced Math and physics studies. So basically, they didn't give a shit about english. I cared. And learnt all the english I know then. And I was so proud to tell him that he taught so well, I got to love this language, speak english even with people who had no clue about what french is and even met an american girl who became my wife. He so changed my life.

Ok, I stop being mushy, get back to my hubby role and go yelling "HEy wifey ! Are we having dinner already !"

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 17, 2004 23:41      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Then it has finally, thusforth come true I suppose. After all these long years..

I did something that actually made a good effect on the world.

Man what can I say? Its been so long in the coming.. who would have ever thought,.. me! OF all people.. What could I possibly say?

DAMMIT! THE STREAK IS RUINED! Grumble..

Hehe ah well, just kidding.. mostly.. I didnt care about that little evil streak.. not really. No.. sigh.

Congratulations again

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.