my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » So, any news yet Norm?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So, any news yet Norm?
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2004 08:08      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last we heard, July 17th was going to be far away for Lisa...so any news on the baby front?

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2004 13:16      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, let us know as soon as the shock wears off and you are able to get a few good nights of sleep! Good Luck.
And, Congrats to Kim and David and we better hear all about the wedding...and honeymoon (okay maybe not the honeymoon )
Oh, and if any of you happen to catch the new Yellowcard video, my Scott did the effects on it.

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2004 15:15      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
jody, how'd your husband get into that line of work?
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2004 20:45      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, we are just waiting and waiting. The doctor said yesterday that she may see us for our appointment on Tuesday, but then said "Then again we may see you this weekend." So, it is really just a waiting game for us.
I will most definitely keep you posted about what goes on.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2004 07:18      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
jody, how'd your husband get into that line of work?

He works for a small post-production company in Minneapolis. They work with Harder-Fuller Films, a production company that does a lot of music videos and documentaries, specifically, Scott did the graphics & effects for the last Liz Phair and barenaked ladies videos as well as the Replacements Documentary and a ton of local film and videos. He may be doing work on the next Prince video. As far as how he got into it, he went to an Arts High School, got a fine arts degree from the U of MN and self taught himself print & web design because he was a painter and wanted to actually make some money. The hook-up with this company was just luck! You wouldn't think a small company from Mpls would be doing this kind of work, but actually, Mpls is kind of a hotbed for film and music. Some new movie with Matt Dillon is being shot here right now.

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2004 14:01      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Replacements documentary? What, when, where?

--------------------
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2004 15:37      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...and how do we get a hold of a copy?...is it available for order anywhere?

--------------------

Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2004 12:48      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I misspoke, it is actually a Paul Westerberg film, but close enough... It was released last year and is on Amazon. It's called "Come Feel Me Tremble"...There is a song and a DVD so don't confuse the two if/when ordering.
I haven't seen it yet, but my brother, who is an editor, did the editing on the film. I've heard it is pretty long and only interesting if you are a die-hard fan. I actually saw Paul Westerberg a couple of times coming in and out of their office.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2004 15:09      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've seen that one around...I've been meaning to give it a spin along with "Dirty Old Town" (Ted Leo/Pharmacists live at Coney Island)...

--------------------

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2004 18:09      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umm, long sucks. I don't have that kind of time right now. But as for hardcore fan...

5 years ago I almost moved to Minneapolis for 6 months just to rent the house where the cover shot of Let It Be was shot. But I didn't, so I guess I am not that big of a fan.

--------------------

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 17, 2004 16:25      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anything?!?...Anything?!?

--------------------

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted July 17, 2004 18:02      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to diappoint, but still nothing. We have a doctor appointment on Monday to set a date for her to be induced. I promise I will keep you all posted.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 17, 2004 23:41      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BLAST! Today is my birthday (17th) and I was hoping for some baby action

Ah well.. how long does the Cancer sign last for? Us cancers are the shizzle

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted July 18, 2004 06:12      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday Paul. You are the cancer of this board.
On an unrelated note Kim and I got married last week and just got back from a sightseeing week tour for her family and friends.Good times.
Now she's Kismet Klink.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 18, 2004 08:46      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Paul!...and congrats to you David and Kim!

--------------------

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted July 19, 2004 07:57      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It appears that today is the day. Contractions are coming, although not really in any pattern, in relative intensity and quite frequent. So today should be the day!

--------------------

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 19, 2004 08:33      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rock!...keep us posted of any further developments (if you're able that is)...

Congratulations!

--------------------

Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted July 19, 2004 08:51      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's awesome. I'm glad she didn't have to be induced because that sucked. Hope everything goes well and can't wait to hear more...
Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted July 19, 2004 09:09      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oooh how exciting! Congratulations Norm! And congratulations to Kim and David!

--Christy

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 20, 2004 00:11      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahhh! details.. girlfriend!

Hah.. and congrats David and Kim I hope you had a splendifferious event!

Everyone is getting so old

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.