my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Mom Update

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mom Update
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2004 10:33      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, the baby turned 3 months already. She is smiling and "cooing" and has just started to roll over. Pretty exciting stuff!
What is everyone doing this summer?

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2004 15:36      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm working at the bowling alley at the air force base near my house. i started monday and so far i've mostly just sat around and watched tv. your tax money pays for me to do this
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2004 20:29      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
jody, what's your child's name?

i forgot and i don't want to make a fool of myself later by saying the wrong name or sex.

kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 10, 2004 08:05      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As for the Kim (well, Kim and David) update, we will be getting married one month from today. I imagine with all the things we will have on the agenda in the next month, our heads will start spinning any minute heh.

Here's the invite... I made them all by hand (David kindly printed out all the info pages):

(blurred info because I had blurred it to put it on my site awhile back and I am not feeling the urge to re-resize/upload heh)

Jody, sounds like the munchkin is growing up fast. How are the other board kids doing? Norm, how much longer of a wait do you two have, a month or so?

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted June 10, 2004 15:23      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
July 13th is rapidly approaching. We are scrambling (actually, I AM scrambling, she is seated on the couch giving instructions) to get everything done for his arrival. I am not bitter about it though, because I get to watch her try to stand up. It is, to put it nicely, fucking hilarious, to watch a full on pregnant woman try t stand up from a couch. I usually help her up, but sometimes it's just fun to see her try. Very similar to a turtle on its back.

Anyway, as for everything else not much has changed. Baby has taken over at this point, and everything is tied to getting ready for his arrival.

Jody, I am so glad your daughter is getting fun. 3 months is the time they really start to develop cool personality triats and what not.

RJ, how is your little angel? (I am sure that she is a handful now)

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted June 11, 2004 10:10      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, either everyone else is really busy this summer, or just us "adults" are left after too much talk of babies and weddings! Next thing you know, we will be discussing which nursing home we are going to.
Oh, and Mike...baby's name is Olivia :-)

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted June 12, 2004 20:18      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[quote=Jody]Well, the baby turned 3 months already. She is smiling and "cooing" and has just started to roll over. Pretty exciting stuff!
What is everyone doing this summer?[/quote]

Wow!...three months went by pretty quick!...as NOrm said, three months is when they really do start to develop personalities, you're in for a lot of fun ahead...don't you feel like you could literally just sit there and stare at her for hours on end?...I know I feel that way a lot aobut Caitlyn...especially now that she's 2 1/2 ( ), her development is really phenomenal...she's learning to become super-articulate, her vocabulary is amazing!...she'll say things to me like "Come here for a moment Daddy, I'd like to show you something"...I shit you not!...the first time she said that we were floored!...Both you and Norm are going to have so much fun!

[quote=Norm]July 13th is rapidly approaching. We are scrambling (actually, I AM scrambling, she is seated on the couch giving instructions) to get everything done for his arrival...Baby has taken over at this point, and everything is tied to getting ready for his arrival. [/quote]

I remember those last few hectic days before delivery...I never realized just how much work it is for men when thier wives have a baby...I was so looking forward to having a traditional delivery, you know, mother and doctor in the delivery room and father in the waiting room, chin smoking ...little did I know that I'd be doing almost as much as Aimée (when I say almost as much I really mean I ran around trying to figure out WTF was going on while she delivered our child)...but the last week before delivery is nerve wracking for us guys...trying to make sure all the little last minute details aren't overlooked and waht not...one piece of advice for you Norm, remember your camera, I had to call my brother to have him bring mine to the hospital when I forgot it...

[quote=Kismet]As for the Kim (well, Kim and David) update, we will be getting married one month from today. I imagine with all the things we will have on the agenda in the next month, our heads will start spinning any minute heh.[/quote]

Wow...finally taking the plunge! Congratulations!...nice invites by the way...we did our own too (saved us about $300 ...DIY 0wnz!)...seems like yesterday I was picking you up in Berkely so we could travel 8 hours to see a show ...and now we're old and domesticated, well I'm old anyway.

As for summer plans...well...we probably won't be doing anything really fun until aroud August since we just took a small vacation in April...but by then I'm sure we'll be in need of a break...

Now for the obligatory show off picture of Caitlyn Anne:

Me loves her!

[ June 12, 2004: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted June 13, 2004 23:54      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jody:
Well, either everyone else is really busy this summer, or just us "adults" are left after too much talk of babies and weddings! Next thing you know, we will be discussing which nursing home we are going to.

Well it's just not the same when us youngun's say "I'm just going to skate all summer and watch tv." That's not really news as compared to wedding or baby plans. It's so nice to see that everyone is doing well though.

This summer I'm just going to take some summer school courses and work in an independent study project with a professor at my school. No, it's not "that kind" of independent study "project." I'm going to be staring at death statistics all day long. Ugh. But at least it's something to do.

I bought the "Freaks and Geeks" DVD set so I'll be wasting 13+ hours of my life on that. And probably get around two the first two seasons of "24" sometime this summer.

My boyfriend graduated and moved home today. Even though now he's only 45 minutes away from school, and it's only been 2.75 hours since he left, I'm feel all sad and lonely. :-\ Speaking of graduation, if any of you remember Rodney from this board a long long time ago, I saw him graduate today too.

My summer plans are: get As in my classes, be a reading machine, hopefully find an intership pertaining to something I wanna do in life, eat a lot of Mexican food, and go to the race track to stare at creepy people who lose $500 on horses.

THE END!

--Christy

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2004 11:32      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow,
It does seem like everyone is either getting married, having babies, or both!
My summer plans do seem rather dull in comparison to all these exciting life experiences that everyone else is having.

However, for the summer, i am working two jobs, one at a gas station, and the other doing computer/inventory work for a paint supplier at an automotive coatings factory. I get to test paint sometimes, when it gets really busy...oh the responsibilities!
I will also be going to Newfoundland on july 31, until august 6, in order to visit some family. I have never been there, and my two sisters and I are sharing an apartment for the week, so it will definately be party time.

I am also going on a canoe trip (Hopefully) on july 9,10, and 11. It all depends on if i can get the weekend off.

Thats pretty much it for me.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted June 15, 2004 12:56      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clobber:
Wow,
It does seem like everyone is either getting married, having babies, or both!

I'm getting married to Kim.
That means I somewhat get a big baby by the occasion...

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 15, 2004 14:55      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crazy crazy!!

Hey Norm.. if you can.. July 17th is my birthday and that date has always treated me well

Though I know, once that due date comes and goes its preferred to get the little tyke out, for mommies sake at least

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted June 15, 2004 18:04      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lisa says July 17th is just too far away. She would prefer June 17.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted June 16, 2004 13:00      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
that date has always treated me well

You wish !

Try to relieve the baby on 07/04 so his birthday will always be on a day off. That's quite convenient for parties and stuff

--------------------

matt

Member # 121

Rate Member

posted June 29, 2004 15:06      Profile for matt   Author's Homepage   Email matt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I figured I'd throw in what I am doing, even if everyone has already posted.

I currently am doing nothing. No babies, or marriages, or anything of that nature. Just enjoying my summer off of school. I was just named Editor-In-Chief of my college newspaper, so come August I will be very busy running the paper.

And now for a REALLY REALLY old pictures of a few board members that they probably don't remember taking. Ahh the good ol' days...

P.S. The shirt was simply worn for shock factor. Please don't take it personal, I do not believe what it says. Also, I am not sure why i am making that face.

--------------------
24 hours in a day... 24 beers in a case....coincidence?

Posts: 37 | From: San Diego | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 30, 2004 02:47      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Matt!

I indeed remember that photo, but I think it's because I am the owner of the original, go figure.

I also have all the pictures of crazy kids in SB wearing goofy nametags. Whoo.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted June 30, 2004 07:43      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow!...welcome back Matt! I remeber that show...Cane's Bar and Grill right?...I remeber hangin' out in the merch booth which was actually a little kitchen I also remeber smelling gas/propane just seconds after lighting up a smoke and then hoping we wouldn't blow up...good times.

...and Kim, post those pics already dammit!...I'm waxing nostalgic for the good ol' days...well...maybe I'll cut you some slack just this once seeing as how you're getting hitched in just over a week...but those pics better be up after the honeymoon or I'll yell at you over the internet!

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
matt

Member # 121

Rate Member

posted June 30, 2004 10:04      Profile for matt   Author's Homepage   Email matt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wondering where I got that picture from. However, i do not recall any such event where we wore name tags, I may have not been there. I only traveled up to SB a few times[grand opening of the store] and the Halloween show but I dont think i made the trip with you guys.

RJ, you are correct, good ol Canes Bar & Grill... God i hated that place. So did everyone else. Funny story about Canes, I was there watching Less than Jake a few years back and the lead singer was drinking a beer on stage, and during the middle of a song a "bouncer" went on stage and took the beer from the base of the mic stand. Right in the middle of the song he stops singing and asks what the hell the guy was doing, and then some suit walks up to him and says he isn't allowed to drink on stage, so they left. San Diego has gotten a little better now, there are more than two places to throw a show.

Okay, I am rambling, I missed you guys.

--------------------
24 hours in a day... 24 beers in a case....coincidence?

Posts: 37 | From: San Diego | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted July 01, 2004 10:51      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You should see how prettier a girl can become when she stays in France. I don't think "truck driver" Kim looks the prettiest in that pic.

Or maybe I just got blind.

--------------------

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.