my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » News?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: News?
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted April 20, 2004 09:47      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since Jody is all busy these days doing the whole new mom thing, I figured I'd take care of the lil' update thread that she always seems to be on top of.

So um, post some news, people.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted April 20, 2004 10:30      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah...Where is everyone? If I can find the time to update, anyone should be able to...
Motherhood is awesome, but crazy. I get about 4-5 hours of sleep a night, on a good night. Breastfeeding is cool but it means that my hubby can lay snoring next to me all night while I am up every 2 and a half hours feeding the babe and trying to get her to fall back asleep. It's okay though because he still has to get up every morning and go to work. I spend my days changing, feeding and rocking the baby. When she is sleeping I attempt to take a shower, brush my teeth and maybe eat something before she starts crying again. Still...I wouldn't change it for anything. If someone wants to help me...I have a picture that ya'll can see.
Okay, now I have to go try to get some real things accomplished before the crying begins again...

[ April 21, 2004: Message edited by: Jody ]

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 20, 2004 13:46      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hell, Jody, you've got the same life as me. Well set the breastfeeding aside, but yeah, a good five hour sleep and back to work (for me).

80 days till wedding day. Not a lot, to be honest.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted April 20, 2004 18:13      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm still at UCSC going to classes. Only 53 more days until graduation. But I still haven't heard from Cal State Northrigde about grad school. *crossing fingers*

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Matthew

Member # 205

Rate Member

posted April 20, 2004 19:20      Profile for Matthew   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm in Hollywood right now. Tomorrow afternoon I'm flying to Japan where I'll be living and working for the next year. I'm stoked.

--------------------
i get rad

Posts: 18 | From: Tampa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 21, 2004 08:34      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm at schoo with about a week of class left. kinda weird to think i'm almost done with my first year of college.
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted April 21, 2004 11:16      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
News from me...

Well, not to much has changed, as Lisa and I are eagerly awaiting the boy's arrival. Though still around 3 months away, time is starting to speed up. I have started getting some stufff in order, and in two weeks, I start on the "nursery." We registered for the Baby shower already, and now just have to wait for people to buy us shit. I hope they buy a lot. That stuff is expensive.

As for work, everything is the same, with that meaning that it is a bit boring, a bit slow, and I am annoyed at how underpaid I am. But, i do still have a job, which is better than a lot of others in my area, and accross the country. I am going to get a tax refund for the 5th straight year, that rocks. And, I am still trying to learn web design so I can start my own side-business doing cheap and easy web pages for start-up companies.

As for the rest of life, I have really taken a different look at the world sice I found out I was going to be a father. Some things are much clearer, others have much more importance, and still others make even less sense now. An example...
Why hasn't any crazy, unemployed, Enron person taken a shot at George W? I am not advocating it at all, but it seems that throughout history, events like the ones we are living through seem to have an assasination or an attempted assasination tied to them. Yet, no takers on GW. Kind of suprising. I wonder if it is an example of the apathy of the US, or just the fact that people have realized assasinating people isn't the best way to precipitate change (Hint hint Palestinians and Israelis).
These are the things that, although they don't keep me up at night, do consume my thoughts on occasion...

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted April 21, 2004 18:14      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am still up here in West Central Minnesota. I have about 2 weeks left and then it's off to New Zealand for 3 weeks where I will be studying the Maori. It still hasnt sunk in that I'm going and I don't think it will until I am on the plane.

I was elected president of the Saddle Club next year (yea yea, i know im a dork). Also, the horse show that I have been organizing since last semester is this Sunday- I am excited and nervous. There is still so much to be done and I haven't had much help from the rest of the class. So, with organizing a show by myself, taking 20 credits, planning and getting ready for new zealand, and fighting with my cousin/roommate/best friend since I was 5 days old it's been an incredibly stressful month!

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted April 21, 2004 20:09      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm settling back into work after a much needed week's vacation where Clan Munkey found itself in the urban jungle of San Diego...well not so much a jungle really...as a matter of fact it resembled paradise to these eyes...67º and sunny for the majority of our stay there...

We had some extended family in tow, namely my nephew Ray (or little RJ as he is known) and my parents...much fun was had by all though...in fact, I don't know who had more fun, Caitlyn as she marveled at the marine life at Sea World and all manner of animals at the Zoo or Aimée and I marvelling at her reaction to all the new things she was seeing...maybe I'm getting sappy in my old age, but theres nothing so awe-inspiring as watching your progeny's excitement over something new that they've just discovered...Paul, Jody and Norm will be able to attest to this (well, it'll be at least three months for Norm yet)...it's the fucking raddest and it had me grinning from ear to ear...

Pictures will be available upon request...just because I don't know if any of you are tired of me repeatedly posting pictures of my daughter on here...

Sadly, it was back to work this past Monday for me...y'know 51 weeks of work and 1 week of vacation hardly seem fair...nice fucking racket corporate America's got running here...and people say this is the land of the free...hmph...

Oh, one sad note however, Aimée's grandmother passed away a week ago while we were on vacation...Aimée's mom was able to go back to Wisconsin for the funeral but we lacked the funds to do so ...she had been hospital ridden for about a month so her passing was not completely unexpected...at least in their last conversation Aimée was able to express her feelings for her grandmother and although goodbye was never uttered it did bring some closure...small consolation but at least it was something...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted April 21, 2004 20:56      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I just found out that my dog is going to die with in a few months. Her heart is giving out on her. I guess it's sad because my dad died last year of heart attack and now my dog's heart is failing. She has been the only one keeping my mom companion.

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 22, 2004 12:49      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dogs die rather soon as they hardly make it past 15 years . So even for an old dog, a dog's life doesn't seem very long to us. But unlike friends, parents or relatives another one can come to replace the dearly departed.

And RJ, I don't wanna brag or anything, but if the french are famous for their tendancy to go on strike often, the strikes over the past few decades gave us a 5 week paid vacation per year. You can add 2 more weeks now that we've got RTT (Work Time Reduction) still paid the same and with 7 weeks holidays. How could it last any longer ?

On the other side, we don't have many overly rich people here

[ April 22, 2004: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 22, 2004 12:50      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
misclicked

[ April 22, 2004: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------

melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2004 20:35      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i just got back from watching the Rolex three day event. if any of you find yourselves at loose ends this saturday afternoon, watch a bit of the NBC coverage from 1:30-3 EST. it's worth it even for someone who has no interest in horses. i felt bad because it seemed like every time i took a picture of somebody, they fell off. there were no serious injuries for horses or humans though so that was nice.

i decided that i'm going to gettysburg college. i don't really know why. i had to make a choice and...well...i don't want to think about it anymore. if it sucks there, i'll transfer.

school sucks and i have so much to do it isn't even funny. i'm graduating in approx. 36 days and i haven't even started my dress. i'm making it out of white duct tape. we have to wear white dresses and carry red roses...holy sexual imagery, batman!

i haven't been online at all in the past like 2 months because i've been that busy. mike, email me or something if you remember...haven't talked to you for ages.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.