my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » college

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: college
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 01, 2004 11:38      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so, it's april first, which means that just about everyone here applying to colleges should have heard from them already.
where'd you get in?

Pitzer: in (applied early)
Occidental: in (i only filled out half the application, wtf?)
UC Santa Cruz: in
UC Irvine: in (got into Claire Trevor School of the Arts)
Scripps: in
Pomona: out

i'm going to Pitzer. whee!!!

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 01, 2004 12:08      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ouais c'est ça ouais ! poisson d'avril !

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted April 01, 2004 13:28      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
University of Southern Indiana: in (but I'm not going)
University of Evansville: in (woo, going there)
Purdue: in/out (I got into the school, but the Freshman Engineering program was filled up)

Yeah, the white man didn't hold me down as much as I first thought, and I did get some "inside" scholarships. I'm still going to have a lot of loans when I graduate, though.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted April 01, 2004 16:07      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umass: in.
UVM: in, w/ a $12,000 for 4 years academic scholarship.
VA Tech: in.
NC State: in.
Gettysburg College: in, w/ a $12,500 per year academic scholarship
Duke: out. don't really care though, didn't like it much there anyways.
Lehigh: waitlisted, those bastards.
Dartmouth: haven't heard, but it's probably a no.

I don't really care that much about these places. If I'm lazy, I'll go to Umass because it's only 10 minutes from my house and I won't have the stress of deciding what to do with my horses, since they can stay where they are. I'm going up to UVM next weekend, I think I'll like that, maybe that's where I'll decide to go. Gettysburg is offering me a shitload of money, but it might be too small for me. After I got rejected from Cornell in December, which was the only school I cared about, that I've wanted to go to since I was 10, I haven't really cared much about the whole college admission process. I kinda fudged my applications, which is why I think I didn't get into any of the good schools on my list. I figure if wherever I'm at next year sucks too much to handle, I'll transfer.

Hopefully I'll make a decision soon soon so that my parents will let me go watch Rolex which is at the end of April. Watching people do this:

would make me very happy. And I am perfectly willing to drive 15 hours overnight to get there and sleep in my car while I'm down there. Anything to see Rolex.

[ April 01, 2004: Message edited by: melissa ]

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 01, 2004 21:59      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i vote for umass so we can chill. unless uvm is closer to boston. whichever is closer to boston...or you'll get a better education at.
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted April 02, 2004 10:49      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I go to Umass, I'll just be 5 minutes down the road. And UVM is in Burlington, VT. Neither is very conducive to us chilling, unfortunately.

Dartmouth would have been the closest, but I got rejected today. Sorry.

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 02, 2004 13:28      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'll call dartmouth and explain that it's totally uncool to reject people. that'll take care of everything.
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 02, 2004 14:10      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by melissa:

Dude, that horse's got serious issues with its back legs. Just like in Creepshow (the first one) when this cajun redneck witnesses a meteor fall and then moss begins to grow all over him and at the end he shoots his leafy head off)

[ April 02, 2004: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted April 02, 2004 19:47      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ooooh...GO TO UVM!!! that's where all of the AMAZING morgan horses are, correct?? There are a couple horses at my barn that were bred there and they are just toooo cute.

and I'm already in college. so I have nothing to add..

except that I got into all the classes I registered for! yay!

PS- Melissa, I know how you feel about doing anything to go to a horse event, I am going down to the Saddlebred World Champion Horse show in August Where they do this!

*drool*

haha, i think I am more excited to go there than I am to go to New Zealand in may! What the hell is wrong with me?!

[ April 02, 2004: Message edited by: Geektanic ]

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted April 03, 2004 09:28      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New Zealand??? They have AMAZING eventers in New Zealand...that's where Aberjack was bred!! Going to the Saddlebred show would be super-cool for me too, and I don't even ride saddleseat or anything. Holy nerdiness, batman!

And yeah UVM is where they have the Morgans...they actually have a lot at Umass too, almost all their school horses are Morgans I think, but they are apparently significantly less cool than UVM's. If UVM has Lippit's, too, I am totally sold. I love Lippit Morgans...there is the cutest one in the world at my barn. I think everyone there has a "plan" for her. Her owner is trying to sell her, and thought she would sell well as a combined driving horse, so she has some driving training under her belt. One of the people who rides her wants to do the Morgan dressage shows with her this summer. I personally think that while combined driving would be awesome, Buffy was really destined to be an eventer (despite the fact she's never been trained to jump that I know of. Summer project???)

--------------------

Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted April 07, 2004 19:15      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had a Morgan and he stood funny! But they all do.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2004 16:19      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
haha i've never thought of Morgans standing funny..I guess they "park out" where they stretch their front legs out and stand up all tall...but thats not funny, thats BEAUTIFUL!

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.