my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » More boring baby news...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More boring baby news...
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted February 25, 2004 07:44      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that I've driven some people away from here with my constant talk of babies... but since it is the only interesting thing I've got going, I'm going to blab somemore (you've had fair warning)...
Finished the last of the birthing classes last night and I've now seen enough videos of live births to last a life time. I've got about a month left but my blood pressure is high so the doctor says that I may be induced early. So, I've been on pins and needles for the last two weeks wondering when things might happen. Could be anytime in March...
I'm getting a little freaked out by the idea of enduring 12-15 hours of pain especially since I was going into it fully planning to get the drugs but come to find out that it is a novicaine type substance and I am allergic to novicaine, so I will not be having the pain meds. Lucky me. I can use a few other alternatives but they are not as strong as the epidural. Wish me luck...

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ken

Member # 204

Rate Member

posted February 25, 2004 10:22      Profile for Ken   Email Ken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good luck.

And thank god I have external genitilia.

--------------------
The Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin to fuck with!

Posts: 41 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted February 25, 2004 10:54      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you can't do that! you promised a D.O.B. on 04/04/04.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted February 25, 2004 11:02      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
04-04-04 would have been awesome but the thought of having to hold out that long sounds grueling to me at this point. If she comes on 3-14 it will be my 30th birthday gift.
Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted February 25, 2004 12:51      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that'd be a cool gift. you should try for the 4/4/04...that'd be so cool. so many 4s!!!!
Christy K.

Member # 207

Rate Member

posted February 25, 2004 16:03      Profile for Christy K.   Email Christy K.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my god. No novicane? What kind of allergic reactions do you get?

Watching live birth videos scare me. It's the most unattractive process a woman ever has to go through in order to get something beautiful.

--Christy

--------------------
Arf arf

Posts: 66 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted February 25, 2004 18:11      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DAMN, No epideral...

I am so sorry. I am sincerely hopeful that it won't be as bad as it can be. Regardless, I hope everything works out for the best. 04/04/04 would rock. much better than our due date of 07/13/04. I mean it only adds up to 24. Nothing even cool about that at all...

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted February 26, 2004 21:13      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey, 24 is my second favorite number! (it's just not quite as cool as 36)

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted February 27, 2004 07:50      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHOA!...no drugs!...you are a very brave woman Jody!...so we may be able to start calling you Momma Jody as soon as next month huh?...you're gonna love it!...it's the absolute hardest job in the world, but nothing even comes close to being as rewarding...well except for maybe the conception part , but that doesn't last the rest of your life, you new child will...how exciting for you!...and as far as the blood pressure thing, it's kinda normal, especially if you were really active during pre-pregnancy...I know my wife had semi-elevated blood pressure but she went full term...then again, I'm sure you're at the point of your pregnancy where you just want to see your aby girl already ...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted February 27, 2004 10:12      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IT'S TREVOR'S 1st BIRTHDAY TODAY! (Paul's boy) It's hard to believe that its been that long!

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 27, 2004 17:16      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes indeed, another year.. another year that this bored is still alive and kicking Hehe.

I remember when Trevor was born, Kelly (the mom) swore to high heaven she would not use drugs, and MAN was she miserable.. heh until she relented and asked for the epidural, then she was doing crossword puzzles practically until the baby fell out. It was interesting seeing the difference some drugs make!

So Jody.. I salute you you will be doing something no man could ever thing of even trying to imagine doing!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted February 29, 2004 09:24      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jody,

Good luck! i would like to say when I have kids I would do the same but I'm a wimp and I would give in.

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.