my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » check it out..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: check it out..
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 15:07      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok so since this board dies on and off i've been posting on www.heymofo.net a lot. recently the kid in charge, pete, made it a public board and also made most of the people who were posting a lot into mods. so anyway, he's asked us to mention the site on any other boards we post on to try and make it's publicness useful. so go, sign up, make new friends. recruit them to come here. woody posts there. i'm sure some of you remember him.
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 14, 2003 15:14      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you want us to turn our backs too ?

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 16:27      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
haha no...i've tried to get people from there to come here too. they're lazy. i don't expect anyone to go there since no one from there has come here. at least this way i can say i tried.
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 17:18      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It sure isn't that public if you have to register to view it. Fuck that noise.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pepe

Member # 197

Rate Member

posted December 14, 2003 17:32      Profile for Pepe   Author's Homepage   Email Pepe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike:
haha no...i've tried to get people from there to come here too. they're lazy. i don't expect anyone to go there since no one from there has come here. at least this way i can say i tried.

I'm lazy...but hey...what can you do.
Hey guys. It's 1:30 am and I can't sleep.

Anyway, I did visit as your requested Mike. I'll try and post as much as possible.

Just to let you know Daniel, I have just changed the setting that only allows registered users to read posts. I never realised I had it on.

--------------------
Pride only hurts...it never helps.

Posts: 5 | From: Manchester UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 19:53      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pepe:

Just to let you know Daniel, I have just changed the setting that only allows registered users to read posts. I never realised I had it on.

Cool dude, I'll probably register anyway. I was just giving Mike a hard time.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 22:04      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
INVADERS!!!

Sound the alarm! "AAAHHHHLAAAHHHRRMMM" (in cheesy German voice)

Anyway, welcome everyone (all 1 of you).

I wish this Bored would be more.. busy I guess, but I mean *I* hardly ever post since I've been so busy and schtuff.. so I cant expect all of yall to post more than me... but still...

Memories

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 22:49      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
paul, is there an easy way you could send a massive email out to everyone on the memberlist saying the board is still up? i'm sure that'd get a few more people, if it's not that easy, i'd be willing to do it if i had the emails.
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 15, 2003 11:53      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
woah, I feel like we're in some foreign student exchange program.
We get there, we bang their chicks and then we come back to our homeland.
And they do the same.
Talk about spreading the STDs

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 15, 2003 12:01      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike:
paul, is there an easy way you could send a massive email out to everyone on the memberlist saying the board is still up? i'm sure that'd get a few more people, if it's not that easy, i'd be willing to do it if i had the emails.

A bunch of people pretty much know this thing's on, like Sickboy. But he called for sick, so he's excused.
I wonder where guys who used to post a lot hang around these days. Like Jolan, or Kenny. Even William hardly posts (I guess he's been quite bitter over the past few weeks).

I remember a time (a time back when this belonged to the Ataris' site) when you had to pick posts cuz it was literaly impossible to read them all and even more impossible to reply.
I remember I could spend my whole day at work just reading and replying. GOod times. Some time after, the company ran down.

--------------------

Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted December 15, 2003 14:39      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ah yes, i remember those days...

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted December 15, 2003 16:00      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:

A bunch of people pretty much know this thing's on, like Sickboy. But he called for sick, so he's excused.
I wonder where guys who used to post a lot hang around these days. Like Jolan, or Kenny. Even William hardly posts (I guess he's been quite bitter over the past few weeks).

I remember a time (a time back when this belonged to the Ataris' site) when you had to pick posts cuz it was literaly impossible to read them all and even more impossible to reply.
I remember I could spend my whole day at work just reading and replying. GOod times. Some time after, the company ran down.

that's what i remember and kinda what i want to happen, which could work if a lot of people came back. what'd you mean that phil called for sick?

Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted December 15, 2003 17:48      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think what David means is that Sickboy (Phil) called in sick. Har har har.

I thought about Kenny the other day. I miss that fool. Somewhere should holla to him, "Where you at, holmes?" .... Or something of that sort.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 04:59      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of old users, i haven't been around for a while. In fact, i doubt if any of you remember me at all, apart from Mike, but i think i was one of the only Brits on here which might jog your memory. Anyway, i thought i'd pop in for old times sake. So, hi!

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 16, 2003 09:33      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy:
I think what David means is that Sickboy (Phil) called in sick. Har har har.

yeah that too
and see : just evoke the old boarders and they reappear.

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 16, 2003 09:38      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny:
Speaking of old users, i haven't been around for a while. In fact, i doubt if any of you remember me at all, apart from Mike, but i think i was one of the only Brits on here which might jog your memory. Anyway, i thought i'd pop in for old times sake. So, hi!

I do remember you. And there are some brits I could remember of, like ewan from bristol, for instance.

Yeah, I'm such a namedropper

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 10:14      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey jenny!
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 11:35      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ooh. I remember Jenny!

Bored with my new found sense of time, I tried to Google Kenny to see if he was still around. I found two possible matches. This is probably our Kenny - http://www.livemagazine. com/jun02/intataritsjun02/intataritsjun02.html

This is a totally different Kenny of the same name.... unless Kenny grew mega old and grew a woman's mullet..

--Christy

[ December 16, 2003: Message edited by: Christy ]

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pepe

Member # 197

Rate Member

posted December 20, 2003 03:51      Profile for Pepe   Author's Homepage   Email Pepe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Jenny.
I'm from Manchester. Where exactly do you live?

--------------------

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted December 21, 2003 16:33      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow i'm glad i made a little bit of an impression when i posted here!
i'm from macclesfield, which you have to have heard of if you're from manc. also fact fans: ian curtis of joy division fame was from and committed suicide in my home town!

--------------------

Pepe

Member # 197

Rate Member

posted December 22, 2003 05:15      Profile for Pepe   Author's Homepage   Email Pepe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
. also fact fans: ian curtis of joy division fame was from and committed suicide in my home town!

Wow. Aren't you lucky one.

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 22, 2003 07:46      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
wow i'm glad i made a little bit of an impression when i posted here!
i'm from macclesfield, which you have to have heard of if you're from manc. also fact fans: ian curtis of joy division fame was from and committed suicide in my home town!

jeez, what pride can you tire from that? You weren't prolly even born when he died in 1980. I've been told that apart from Joy Division or The buzzcocks, Machester sucked major ass. High criminality rate, no good place to hang in (apart from Curtis's wardrobe). SO yeah, maybe a good way to value your town is to focus the attention on your lil suburb where some guy who knew relative fame 24 years ago lived and killed himself one year later.

[ December 22, 2003: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted December 22, 2003 09:12      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i was being sarcastic, because it really isnt a claim to fame. macclesfield is a small town, and this, sadly, is one of the only facts which distinguish it from a million others in Great Britain, which is why i mentioned it.
and for the record, manchester does not and has never "sucked". it is a great city with an interesting history, and has recently undergone a renewal programme which has really led to it rivalling many other european cities. when i mentioned macclesfield, i was talking about the small town where i live, about 20 miles from manchester, where ian curtis actually came from. i admit, macclesfield does suck, but manchester is a different matter entirely.

[ December 22, 2003: Message edited by: Jenny ]

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 22, 2003 15:35      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've to admit I never went to Manchester. Actually, I've been to many english towns but not further than oxford. London, Bristol, Brighton are cute towns. Some of my friends think so. The same friends who told me "Manchester sucked" (more than liverpool). But yeah, I get your point. But would you say you're Curtis' daughter (whose name's alas Natalie and not Jenny ) it wouldn't make any difference.

But yeah, I didn't get your sarccasm. Must be the christmas spirit that gets me all confused or something...

--------------------

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted December 22, 2003 16:47      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
shame you didn't make it up north. you missed out on a lot! manchester, leeds, glasgow, edinburgh plus more... all worth a visit!

--------------------

Pepe

Member # 197

Rate Member

posted December 23, 2003 06:05      Profile for Pepe   Author's Homepage   Email Pepe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Manchester is a great place to be. As jenny said, it has been undergoing a renewal process for about three years now and it's starting to look more glamorous by the day. There is pretty much always something to do. The shopping is best to none.

--------------------

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.