my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » I don't mean to bring you down with me

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't mean to bring you down with me
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 19:58      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
but is anyone else writing exams right now? I just wrote two today....one of which i failed miserably....i mean honestly, who needs math in location analysis??? I haven't taken a math class since high school...and now i am expected to be a math wizard? fuck that...fuck university...i want to drop out...

other than that, happy holidays to all.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 22:01      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
tomorrow' my last day of classes and i don't have any finals until next thursday. i've had papers due this week and they sucked. a 6-8 page paper for my writing class discussing the rold of insanity in apocalypse now, hamlet and frankenstein. an 8 page one for com about philosophy and science...now what the hell does that have to do with communications? and then also for com101, 38 50 word bios...and none of the people really relate to com either. blah. thankfully i just finished the last of it so i can relax!
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted December 11, 2003 14:25      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wrote a paper for film class on American Beauty. It was easy cheesy. Probably one of the best papers I've written. As Kevin Spacey said, "I RULE!"

I'm hoping to get 3 As to counteract my C.. or even a D ( !) in adolescent psychology. My professor is such a ninny. I hate him. Hopefully I won't fail that tomorrow.

Finals week is kinda fun in this masochistic kind of way... minus the tests and the bad grades... and no sleep. But everyone is insane from being up waaaay too long. It's fun. Kinda.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 11, 2003 14:40      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy:
I wrote a paper for film class on American Beauty.

What theme did you base your paper on ? I mean : did you develop any original point like the image of the balloon (or was it a plastic bag) in the wind or the catharsis that cutting roses involves?

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted December 11, 2003 17:50      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm still in high school, and my finals are easy besides one. AP Computer Science. Fuck programming and the Jamacian teacher that can't teach and my inability to comprehend what the book says. I really have to buckle down this week, and figure out a creative way to cheat on the final. I don't know how that guy is certified to teach. Worst class ever. I'm looking forward to college being worse, so I'll get used to this now.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted December 11, 2003 20:02      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ah yes, well i wrote another exam today, which oddly enough did not seem so bad. In fact, i was able to answer some of the questions for once!!!!
Besides that, i have one more tomorrow night, and then i am free..

--------------------
Sink it

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 07:54      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Call me fucking nuts, but I always kind of like finals time...I kind of relished in staying up all night and the euphoric feeling that a lack of sleep can give you...

Plus, there's always the drunken debauchery that comes after finals...come to think of it, that was really the best part...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 11:10      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes tonight is the night!! I will be done, and will take part in the drunken debauchery that you spoke of RJ.

i can't wait.

--------------------
Sink it

Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2003 06:53      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm one of those crazy people that is majoring in math! One more math class to go! Of course I don't like analysis math, when my answers a paragraph something it wrong!

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2003 10:32      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
David, my film analysis was centered on masculinity/ femininity in the film (since my class is focused specifically on gender and sexuality). I basically analysized the roles of Kevin Spacey, Annette Benning, and their neighbors. (I didn't have enough paper space to get to all of the characters though.)

Long story short, Kevin Spacey has been emasculated by today's modern consumer and capitalist culture. There's no longer a real role for men in today's society (as it was in the past with wars, exploration, etc). And then the masculination of Annette Benning.. being the sole breadwinner of the house and the phallic symbolic power of a gun and firing a gun.

With the neighbors.. Ricky Fitts is also emasculated, which is exmplified with all of his possessions. Ricky's also really effeminiate if you compare him to his father, Frank. Ricky gets beat up by his father, doesnt fight back (gets called a "pussy" by his father), etc etc etc). Frank's machismo is way out of control and he's so fixed on societal rules. The only time he breaks out of that is when he kisses Kevin Spacey and gets totally humiliated. So he's punished, and wants to punish Kevin Spacey for that. No one can ever know that he's not a "true" man.

That's the SHORT version. I can go into much more detail.. but it's a Saturday morning and I'm HUNGOVER!

--Christy

PS. I broke my roommate's blender last night while trying to make some mixed drinks. OH god. Her present this Christmas will be a nicer blender.

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 14, 2003 15:19      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy:
There's no longer a real role for men in today's society (as it was in the past with wars, exploration, etc

Well, ask Arnold. He's even prolly been elected because of his famous macho attitude.

Nice analysis, I agree somehow.

quote:

PS. I broke my roommate's blender last night while trying to make some mixed drinks. OH god. Her present this Christmas will be a nicer blender.

Will you be a lil bit less mean and buy her a blender AND a gift for xmas !?!

[ December 14, 2003: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 22:05      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arnold for KING!!

Go Go King Conan.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PenguinsAteMyCheeseburger

Member # 198

Rate Member

posted December 14, 2003 23:56      Profile for PenguinsAteMyCheeseburger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
two more exams on tuesday and then back home to florida! i can't wait, i need a break from this crazy boston weather...
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 23:59      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boston weather is great, you fool!
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted December 15, 2003 09:17      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:

Will you be a lil bit less mean and buy her a blender AND a gift for xmas !?!

[ December 14, 2003: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

Haha yea. Well. I already bought her Christmas present. The blender will just be "Christmas present," part 2.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted December 15, 2003 11:48      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
Arnold for KING!!

Go Go King Conan.

Conan had a sword (the sword of Atlantis).
Arnold's only got a broom

--------------------

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.