my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » grrrr...drama

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: grrrr...drama
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted December 08, 2003 16:57      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
okay this is going to be a really long vent. and i need help finding a way to approach my history teacher (livka) about this tactfully tommorrow so the (really unnecessary) drama doesn't continue because it's such crap. all of it. anyways...

saturday i got an email from livka, saying, "I'd like to meet with you after school, at 3:30, this Monday. You're not in any trouble, don't worry. I'm asking you - in all seriousness - to keep this meeting private, however. Please don't discuss having the meeting or anything said in the meeting with other students or in front of other students."

sketchy, eh? well apparently this email was addressed to 5 out of 6 of the students in my class. i did not notice that morgan did not get this sketchy email. so this morning i talked briefly about it with another classmate, then went to physics, where i mentioned the weird email to morgan, not knowing she hadn't recieved it. smart one. so she started to worry about why she hadn't gotten told about this meeting, etc. etc. not cool. (i was freaking out all day by the way, partially because of all this. nervous sweating, hot & cold, etc. i'm a weirdo)

class was very awkward, because we all knew something was up and that morgan was not supposed to know about it yet did.

so 3:30 rolls around, and there are 3 of us meeting (the other two had conflicts and met with her earlier). we find out that livka had decided to have this meeting because last week, when reviewing for a quiz, she felt like we had ganged up on morgan (who freaks out about every little quiz like it's going to kill her) and were teasing her too much or something, and "that's not the kind of atmosphere i would like in our class." WELL SHE DIDN'T EVEN ASK MORGAN ABOUT HOW SHE FELT!!

i understand that it's her right to establish the kind of "classroom atmosphere" she wants. and i know she's trying to do the right thing and be all PC and touchy-feely (she just got of college, this is her first real teaching job). but honestly, who in their right mind would think it's a good idea to call a meeting to basically talk about another student? i was kind of shell-shocked and tried to bring it up to her, but wasn't really coherent about it.

i talked to morgan about it, and she said that livka never asked her if she felt like she was being ganged up on or whatever.

--

so i think this is bullshit. total bullshit. and i don't think anyone in my class is going to bring it up further, and i think it needs to be discussed and laid to rest so there isn't this weirdness for the rest of the year. so tommorrow i need to tell livka what she should have done and why what she did was wrong. and i think i should ask her to apologize to morgan and explain herself. i don't want to be too mean to her because one of the other girls in the "meeting" told me afterwards livka looked like she was going to cry when i was asking her if she didn't think it was weird that she had asked us to meet to talk about morgan. i know livka tried to do the right thing, but...whatever.

i don't know. it's really fucked up and really fucking stupid. just needed somewhere to vent. tell me what to say.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted December 08, 2003 20:20      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you feel the need to bring it up to her, tell her something to the effect that you think it would have been best that ALL parties concerned were present for your little "round table" discussion...leaving out one of the concerned parties could possibly serve to make tings worse if viewed form a certain perspective...

To meet and talk about anohter studen "behind ther back" with other students is NEVER a good policy...just let her know you're just giving her a head's up...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 09:27      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
okay well problem solved...kinda. two of us went to the dean of faculty about it. so she said she's going to "counsel livka about the appropriate way to approach the situation"

/bullshit (i hope)

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.