my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » car scratches

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: car scratches
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 16:21      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I HATE DRIVING.

Yesterday I nudged a car while parallel parking.. and today I hit a car while trying to parallel park AGAIN! UGHUGHUGHUGHUGH. But at least this time I was trying to park uphill and well.. yea. Ok. Ugh.

I was wondering what you people do to get the scratches off your car? I have to fix this before I go home for Thanksgiving so my parents won't yell at me for scratching it. My aptmate said to try waxing it, but are there any other suggestions? And maybe what kind of wax I should use to take these horrible reminders off?

To make matters worse, I have to go watch the SILENCE OF THE LAMBS tonight when I freak out so easily about scary movies. UGH. My life = NOT GOOD AT THE MOMENT!

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 20:35      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How big are the scratches? If they are small, you could probably get rid of them by waxing with some quality Mothers or Maguiers wax. Keep going over them in a circular motion, and it wil probably buff out. Assuming it's on the bumper, and the bumper is plastic, if it's deep it might be into plastic instead of just scratched paint. That could be bad.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2003 13:52      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went and bought some of that Turtle Wax stuff last night and waxed it a bit. My boyfriend wouldn't let me do it.. but he was rubbing the wax in pretty hard. That got some of them off. But a lot of them are still there. My boyfriend also has my digital camera so I can show you how bad it is.

Some of the scratches are pretty long.. all along the right curved edge of the back bumper. I have a stupid Honda Accord 2000 with the plastic bumpers. Some of the scratches are deep enough where I can see paint chips. But the majority of it are white/ black gunk stuck on it really hard.

Should I even bother going to the Honda dealership so they could help get this shit out?

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2003 14:33      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't bother going to a dealership. A local car wash place might have some stuff to get it off. A dealership would just charge you a ton of money for doing nothing.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 14, 2003 11:50      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it's all about the way you wax.

quote:
By Miyagi San :

Wax on, wax off, Daniel San, wax on... wax off

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.