my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » baseball! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: baseball!
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted October 11, 2003 17:37      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm usually not a baseball nut, but anybody watch the red sox game today? not too thrilled with the whole losing thing.

i love how don zimmer thought he could take on pedro. what a jerk. and it's way not cool how they only showed the camera angle where you could only see pedro trying to keep the guy off him - not the whole part where the fatass came running up swinging at him! and the whole drama with staying on the ground forever and the teensy bandaid on the nose was pretty funny...yet infuriating.

the only blame i'm willing to put on anybody here is manny ramirez for overreacting. everything else was soooo yankees.

but now i'm actually going to be watching the other games...and looking forward too it! quite a change from my usual baseball-related indifference. i think my dislike for the yankees has finally motivated me into caring

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted October 11, 2003 21:31      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As long as the Cubs lose, I am happy. Well, the Cubs won so now I have a reason to be angry.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 12, 2003 00:15      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you should try watching it with yankees fans. it's awesome, a few kids on my floor are die hard yankees fans and started fighting with everyone else. they refused to admit that pedro was defending himself. i can't wait for the series to end and another riot to happen outside my window!
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted October 12, 2003 07:13      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mike, you don't know college riots until you live near umass i have not witnessed one or been involved in one (yet) but there's been a huge problem this year...what they ended up doing this week was setting up huge floodlights outside one of the problem dorms, and apparently the overly bright lights and extra cameras kept everyone from going nuts.

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 12, 2003 08:11      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i've seen pictures of those one of my friends put them on his website...mostly of cops shooting kids with rubber bullets. here they flipped over some cars and set stuff on fire.
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted October 12, 2003 14:02      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i don't really watch baseball ever, but as a kid i loved the cubs, so i'm kind of rooting for them. i don't keep up on scores though, so i don't know where they are right now.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2003 00:47      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn dodgers and their damn losing.

damn.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2003 07:49      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know you've all probably heard this before, but if the Cubs and Sox both end up in the Series, the world is going to end.

Although it looks as if right now, the Cubbies might actually have a shot at the Series...if they don't choke to the Marlins...

The Sox however are down and they've NEVER doen well against the Yanks...it all stmes back to the curse...we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out though...this is actaully an interesting year in baseball, I mean who would have ever guessed that the Sox, the Cubs and the Marlins would be in contention in the same year!

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2003 08:46      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i thought that during the regular season the sox and yanks were fairly even?
thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2003 09:15      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
amherst riots=own! they know how to get shit done...unfortunatly sometimes at the costs of random peoples cars and such. they will riot for anything, search kazaa for umass riots, there are quite a few from red sox ones to when the pats won the superbowl!

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2003 12:40      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike:
i thought that during the regular season the sox and yanks were fairly even?

They were pretty even this season I believe...but I should have prefaced my statement with "historically speaking"...and even when they do well against teh Yanks, they do end up wavering when it counts...it's that damn curse I tell you!

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2003 12:57      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fuck that curse. i think last time the sox won the world series it was against chicago...could history repeat itself?
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2003 16:31      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No one can even remember the last time the Sox won the series...it was 1918!!! ...but yes they did win aganist the Cubbies...but that was the last time they took it...history is not on thier side...

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2003 18:09      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
last time until now
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2003 20:27      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
booya, 2-2...time for a trip back to 1918, fuck you new york...i love living outside fenway, the celebrations are great
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2003 08:10      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shit!...Cubbies @ 3-2 with the Marlins and Sox @ 2-2 with the Yanks!...fuck...the end of the world is near!

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2003 11:08      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no way, this is what's supposed to happen. everything is being set straight in the universe
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2003 11:42      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would be cool if either the Cubs or the Sox took it (even though the earth would probably open up and swallow us all whole immediately after the win)...I really am not a huge fan or supporter of any of the teams in the playoffs this year...the A's were my team but they sucked hardcore and choked early on...this is defintely an interesting playoffs though...hopefully the World series will be as good, maybe even go to seven...

--------------------

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 07:56      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn Cubbies need better fans...and a better bullpen.

8 fucking runs given up in the 8th...they better pull their heads out of their asses if they wanna take game 7.

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 11:50      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if the sox lose then i want the cubbies. of course that's only if the sox lose..whichwon't happen
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 17:49      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
COWBOY UP BITCHES!!!! haha...game seven tomorrow, red sox all the way baby!
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 07:46      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wll at least we know the world won't end since the Cubs dropped game 7 last night...fucking pathetic...I'm usually one to pull for the underdog so it would have been interesting to see a Sox/Cubs series...well, at least the Sox still have a chance...

[ October 16, 2003: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 08:06      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm up for a florida/sox series. if the yankees get in and lose it'll be pathetic...i mean it's kinda expected that the team with the highest payroll ever is winning.
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 22:06      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well that fucking sucked. not even a riot after the game? damn. and now i hafta root for the fucking fish..yuck.
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2003 08:45      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...as the ball soared into the stands and Boone rounded the bases, I swear I though I saw a wispy image of the Bambino standing near third, he was mouthing the words "Never should have sold me."

...seriously though...the Sox almost pulled it off...one fatal flaw that I think lead to their demise was to leave in Pedro for so long only to replace him with a fucking knuckle-baller...after staing down 90MPH fast balls for the majority of the evening the Yanks were just all too willing and able to exploit the 70MPH meatballs that Wakefield was servin' up...leaving Pedro in let the Yanks get back in it...replacing him with Wakefieldhanded the Yanks the game...too bad...maybe next year...

As an aside, the team with the highest paid players in the league isn't supposed to lose...Stienbrenner would fucking have their heads...

--------------------

melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2003 13:32      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
much sadness here and no riots for mike, either. damn.

oh well...there's always next year.

my band teacher has this theory that all pro sports are rigged by gambling rings or something like that. he's convinced it's all a conspiracy. like the new england patriots winning the superbowl after 9/11 - the red white and blue new england team winning while jets fly overhead and stuff. and i'm believing it more and more every day. i think the definative proof of that would be if the sox won the world series in 2018, or even better, lost it in the last inning of the last game or something. it would be perfect - 100 years of fan faith and gambling. kaching.

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2003 14:51      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and you can't forget the ways that some players end their careers...like cal ripken jr. hitting a homerun at his last all star game...seems rigged to me!
thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2003 15:32      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i was there... in enemy territory at yankee stadium after growing up for 18 years in fenway park....you cant imagine my pain when saw first hand the ball come off that bat....im still feeling it today. fuckin grady little, seems like everyone but him knew pedro was done after 120 pitches. fuckers fuckers fuckers!

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2003 16:05      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you see the ghost?

--------------------

melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted October 18, 2003 15:47      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
way to kick us while we're down, RJ.

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 18, 2003 21:25      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i can't believe i'm rooting for the friggin' marlins. ew.
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 19, 2003 08:53      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by melissa:
way to kick us while we're down, RJ.

Aww...don't take it so hard...at least the Sox made it as far as they did...my A's choked early on...I kinda wated the Sox to take it just becasue I like supporting the underdog, but, like the Cubs, this just wast their year (again)...

--------------------

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2003 20:06      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oooooh! fuck yes! the yankees lost!

too bad i can't share my joy since i've been yelled at by someone on my floor for not being a real baseball fan. i fucking hate when people prejudge me based on one or 2 things..grr.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2003 20:41      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike:
too bad i can't share my joy since i've been yelled at by someone on my floor for not being a real baseball fan.

...is that anything like not being punk rock enough?

--------------------

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2003 21:01      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkMunkey:

...is that anything like not being punk rock enough?

That's so not DIY.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.