my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » is it worse to drive...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it worse to drive...
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted September 23, 2003 22:51      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
tired or drunk?

and by drunk i mean either you've had a few drinks but feel like you would be fine driving or you were pretty drunk but you waited a while, ate something, drank a bunch of water and maybe slept.

and by tired i mean halucinating.

i once had to drive three hours halucinating the whole time. i saw people and dead bodies all over the freeway and cars coming at me. i also saw overpasses that didn't exist that kept freaking me out. other things happened too.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted September 24, 2003 06:09      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
don't do either.
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted September 24, 2003 12:32      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both are bad, but I'd say halucinating is worse. Take a nap. It's not worth killing innocent people if you crash.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted September 24, 2003 15:32      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah definately pull over and take a nap even for half an hour.
They are both totally unsafe, not only for yourself, but for everyone else on the road.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted September 26, 2003 19:29      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i read somewhere that driving after staying awake for 24 hours is equal to driving drunk.

i realize i'll get a lot of shit for it, but i've had to do both and i've been fine. obviously, i wouldn't drive if i was pass-out drunk, but i've driven intoxicated a couple times. i didn't swerve around or any of that shit. i just kept freaking out because it felt like i was driving faster than i really was.

really, i think isaac brock said it best: "people diss drunk driving, but i think it's the best!"

feel free to hate me now.

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2003 16:29      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
kinda selfish, don't ya think jeremy?

not cool. not cool at all.

(but i still love you.)

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2003 21:29      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nose over tail:

really, i think isaac brock said it best: "people diss drunk driving, but i think it's the best!"

But, if you really thought he said it best, you would agree, and agree with that means you would always love driving drunk. I know for a fact that you do not always drive drunk, therefore your statement is incorrect.

--------------------

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2003 21:45      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i wasn't asking for advice, so i don't know why a lot of you suggested taking a nap or whatever. i just wanted opinions.

anyway. i heard that it's illigal to drive after being up for 24 hours. but the person that told me is canadian, so it might not be the same in america. i don't know.

i also think that you don't need to be up for 24 hours to make it feel like you're driving drunk. when i halucinated i had only been up for 16 hours, but i was really exahausted and had hardly any sleep the night before.

i also don't understand the whole law about not driving after being awake for 24 hours. as if i cop can tell? i may be tired, but if i get pulled over i would act totally awake so i wouldn't get a ticket.

also my friend chuck and i once went from seattle to san francisco to get a burrito. i was up for over 24 hours by the time we got there and we were lost (sort of) for about three hours driving around in the city. it didn't feel like 3 hours... i also didn't feel drunk. i just felt like a crazy person cause chuck and i were saying crazy shit. then again he's schizophrenic... we were also not as weird in san francisco as we were in canada for pizza... there we were REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY weird.

i think people shouldn't ever make such a big deal out of this stuff. at least i'm not a trucker popping caffeen pills driving a fucking SEMI TRUCK with a trailer (or a few) on the back.

--------------------

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted September 28, 2003 12:26      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by k r i s t i n:
at least i'm not a trucker popping caffeen pills driving a fucking SEMI TRUCK with a trailer (or a few) on the back.

That's crank, not caffeine.

--------------------

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2003 01:04      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i don't think all truckers do the same drugs.

--------------------

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 19:40      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
kristin, you may not have been asking for advice, but when you mention that you once drove while halucinating for three hours, my OPINION is that you should have pulled over and taken a nap.

My OPINION is that i feel both are totally unsafe, not only for yourself but for everyone else on the road.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.