my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » fun with grocery stores...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fun with grocery stores...
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted August 20, 2003 12:18      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whenever i go to the grocery store just to pick up a few things i always end up leaving with the oddest combinations. like today, when i needed to pick up horse treats and some stuff we ran out of. i left with 4 boxes of sugar cubes, 2 different kinds of peppermints, and five pound bag of carrots for the ponies, because i'm trying to clicker train them and that requires a lot of goodies, cookies & cupcakes for my dad because it's his birthday, and chocolate chips, juice & crackers because we had run out.

the cashier must have thought i was some sort of crazed sugar addict. i felt like i should explain it as i unloaded the cart..."no, really, it makes sense!"

actually i was just really glad they had sugar cubes, because they've become increasingly hard to find

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted August 20, 2003 12:43      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Back when I worked as a cashier at a grocery store, I used to chuckle when old ladies would buy the off-brand Tea. The box says "Tea Bags" in green letters on a yellow box. With such a shitty job, you have to think about stupid stuff like that to stay sane.

Oh, and there was always the ever humorous "ladies man." He would be a fat guy that would make sure everyone knows he can't find the condoms. "Hey man, where are your condoms? I need them for tonight! I'm getting some, and I need some protection." Well, my store didn't sell condoms, and I really doubt that guy needed any.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted August 21, 2003 07:46      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
great, so now i know that i'm probably known as "sugar girl" or something like that. thanks daniel.

i guess i'll have to wait until my hair fades to go back in...i won't be as recognizable with normal hair as opposed to bright blue.

until i start buying out their supply of sugar cubes/peppermints/whatever again.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted August 21, 2003 20:57      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i thought this was going to be about taking crazy pictures in grocery stores. i have some.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.