my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Updates anyone?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Updates anyone?
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2003 10:44      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I've hit the slow period at work and I am going crazy bored sitting at this god-forsaken machine day after day. Someone please entertain me! JR and Paul, how are those cute babies? Kim and David...let's hear an update on the wedding plans And, Norm...can't seem to keep up since cupid shot his arrow straight into your ass? or should that be heart? I thought ass was funnier!
Okay, I will update about my dull life since no one else will...
We are preparing to buy a new house. We have only been in our house for about 2 years but we bought when the rates were still really high and we can get a much bigger house and make the same monthly payments. Plus, with our dog (he is now 70 pounds and still growing) we really need MORE space and a fenced in yard. And, maybe, hopefully someday we will need extra room for a baby. Still working on that one...

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted July 29, 2003 12:26      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
babies are such... babies. Tell them that if they want an extra room they can build it by themselves. What assholes !

No wedding yet. I'm not much into it. Also Although I know Kim would love it. Believe me or not, I find the non-married situation more romantic.

Plans : I gotta have a haircut in 2 days. I also start a weblog (in english... damn, may that make me improve my english). I'm keeping on trying to make lame games in flash and trying to keep the band running.

I'm considering buying a new bed (hey that's about $1000) within the next few days, since Kim proposed to Mates of State to stay here for the night for the M.O.S. show she organizes here (a lot of stress and pressure on poor lil kimmie's back)

[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted July 31, 2003 07:40      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
right now i'm in bulgaria.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted July 31, 2003 23:18      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, I'm just working on this whole Mates of State concert thing mostly these days. It's pretty soon now, the 11th.

the rest is the same ol' stuff. Knitting. Oh, and I got my hair cut yesterday (yes, David and I had haircuts on the same day, which is dorky, but at least we weren't dorky enough to go together or anything).

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 01, 2003 08:17      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is Caitlyn as of 07/07/03...at 18 months old...

She's getting SO BIG now...and her vocabulary is amazing...she's saying everything from "pretzel" to "fish" to "careful"...she's got such a cute personality too...very impish and curious (bordering on mischevious) without being a brat or anything...

Her manners are very refined as well...Aimée and I have been requiring her to say please and thank you anytime she asks for anything, and she's been very good about it...

As for Aimée, she's been really busy as of late...she starts school again later this month to fulfill the requirements she needs for her B.A. degree...she's really determined to finish school and I'm totally stoked on that...the degree will not only allow her to further her career, but will also bolster her self esteem...she kinda coasted through high school and has never though of herself as very scholarly but I know she's extremely capable and intelligent and getting her degree will allow her to prove that to herself...

Aimée has also taken on kind of corporate liason role between her company (Allstate Financial Services) and the Sleeptrain Ampitheater (owned by Clear Channel) in Marysville (about 45 min. away from here)...anyway, what that entails is handling some advertising and marketing at the ampitheater for Allstate during shows and helping generate "leads" (potential sales) at said shows...so far she's seen everyone that's come through there from John Mayer and Dave Matthews to The Warped Tour (which I tagged along for, naturally)...yay for free shows...I usually stay home with Cailtyn while she works though ...but I might go see Iron Maiden later this month ...

As for myself, well...busy at work...busy being the dutiful daddy and husband...and playing some Star Wars: Knights of the Old Rebpublic in the wee hours of the night when my duties are not as urgent...great game by the way ...

We're looking into getting a house of our own...well kind of...we'd be getting a 5 bedroom so my brother an nephew could live with us (for the price of rent of course)...but so far we're just looking...housing has gotten pretty expensive and a five bed would run us close to $300k...no chump change...but with interest rates so low and three incomes, we might be able to pull it off and still eat ...

Anyway...I guess that's my update for now...cheers!

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted August 01, 2003 10:58      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still don't have a job, and my Marketing teacher keeps calling me telling me to get one for when school starts. I'm going to Krazy Fest tomorrow. It should rock. School starts in about 2 weeks. I'll be a senior. Oh joy.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted August 02, 2003 10:34      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I'm still working at the summer camp teaching the campers how to horseback ride. Its lots of fun.

I got a letter from UC Santa Cruz that I'm on Academic Warning. Only because I had a dropped a class after missing two weeks of school because my dad died. Then after talking to an advisor they informed me that I am one credit short from not being on it. (It just pisses me off and let me tell the advisor could care less that my dad died.)

One of the two roommates that I live with in Santa Cruz informed me one day after the rent was due that she didn't think things were going to work out for next year (she had already been living there for a year). So she left my roommate and I to cover her rent, of $740. The worst thing of it all it all is that she didn't have the guts to call me and tell but she left it on an IM.

So at this point I'm only hoping that things can get better. Wish me luck!

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted August 03, 2003 00:03      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i am trying to get a job in portland so i can move there. but if i don't get one then i have to move back in with my parents in california. which i really don't want to happen.

i'm going to california in a few days. i was going to tag along with an albatross and sick lipstick on their tour from here down to LA... i guess i'm kind of doing it but an albatross don't know about it yet because their van broke down in utah and i wont see them until san francisco. but it's cool. i can't wait for that and to be in southern california because i get to see some people i LOVE and my friend (who is moving to seattle around the time i go back up) and i are going to go INSANE.

also, I REALLY HOPE DIESEL JEANS HIRES ME.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted August 03, 2003 14:38      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm still waitering at the old folks home. i've decided to bring back my beard. that is all.
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted August 03, 2003 18:42      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i have hamsters now. i've been spending most of my time with my girlfriend. i still don't have a job, and up until today, my car has been broken down in my grandma's driveway. i'm leaving tomorrow for north carolina to stay with my dad for a week. school starts the day after i get back. when i get back, i need to work on my mom so she'll let me go to the cursive and the blood brothers show (october third) and q and not u and black eyes show (october eighteenth, i believe), both in louisville.

[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: nose over tail ]

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted August 04, 2003 19:05      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am still working at the barn. 9 days left, though. My horse is going to be paid off this saturday, and i also have a another show that night. Hopefully Solo will behave himself.

I leave for school in about 2 weeks and my roommate is really sweet.

Someone at the barn told me I had the most beautiful horsey they have ever seen. That was awesome.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted August 05, 2003 14:21      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
okay, i'm back from bulgaria now.

i had such an amazing time. i met some of the coolest people ever...it was all just really really fun. and the food was excellent. i saw prehistoric cave paintings, multiple old fortresses and castles, just all sorts of cool things. we visited rossy's grandparents in their village (rossy being the friend i went to visit in the first place) which was really interesting. no indoor plumbing, they grow all their own food, that kind of thing. and we went to sofia (the capitol) for a few days and hung out with her sister's friends. it was all just really really cool. i really hope i can visit her again next summer, especially if i bother learning some of the language. her friends got a huge kick out of teaching me some phrases though...i can say "oh my god, they killed kenny" and "kyle's mom is a bitch" in bulgarian. and if that isn't kickass i don't know what is

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted August 08, 2003 21:46      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went to Krazy Fest last Saturday. It was good and fun. Andrew WK was fucking awesome, but so were the other bands. The summer is winding down.

I got a job as a bus boy at some snoody club where old people pay money to hang out. I think they are dog lovers too, because it's called the Kennel Club. It isn't hard work, it's decent pay for a student, and the workers are nice. I needed this job so I can get out of school an hour and a half early for Marketing. School starts Monday. Oh shit.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted August 11, 2003 19:00      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, it has been a while since I have been here. Sorry for the delay, it's just thet work life is getting hectic again and my time is short. So as to what has been happening lately...

Quite a bit actually. I have been working a ton, and trying just to keep myself sane. Clients are so fucking difficult. They never seem to understand that things actually don't happen instantly, and that their delays can actually push production back. I cannot make up for a three day delay in eight to twelve hours. It just doesn't work that way. But enough about work.

Last week I had my laptop stolen OFF OF MY DESK IN MY OFFICE! Somebody came into the suite while I was in the bathroom and swiped it. Stupid bastard. He left the iPod though which was a relief. I only lost one day of work because of that. I was fucking lucky. So the next day I got my new laptop. Another PoweBook, but this one is a ton better. 60 Gig hard drive, DVD burner built in. SWEET!

Other news of note. My softball season ended with my team finishing in third out of 24 teams. Wuite a tournament we had. I ended with 8 homeruns. Very good for me. I was happy.

Lisa and I are doing well. She is in full-on job search mode due to her company's contract not being renewed by the state. She hates looking for a job, but I am being mega supportive and hopeful she can, again, find something she likes to do. As for anything else, well, there is nothing else. Wedding plans are on hold while the job searching continues, as are home improvements.

Of note: My old tower (G4 450, 1.5 gigs of RAM, external 40 gig hard drive and 16X re-writer) from home is now on ebay. I am hoping to get $600 for it. That would be sweet, because my new machine is coming soon. G4's are dirt cheap with the launch of the G5, and they are more than adequate for what I need. With my super deal from a guy I know, my new tower will only cost $900. With a Cd burner/DVD read built in (The laptop has a DVD burner, so I don't need two) 2 gigs of RAM 80 Gigs internal and 60 external (No plu pocket drive!) I cannot wait.

Finally...

I am starting my own graphic design firm. Small scale, catering to startup companies. We/I specialize in corporate identity (logo, business cards, letterhead) and small scale brochures. I have four jobs right now, and things should stay constantly slow. At least that is the hope... Extra money is good. The website is under construction, right now, when it is done I will post the link and ask for critiques.

Other than that, life is the same as always. I guess that means hectic...

Jody, I am so glad to hear that things are going well for you, outside of boring work time. Have you found a house yet? Have you put yours up for sale?

RJ, glad to hear your little angel is doing so well. It is really great. I never ever thought I would utter this statement, but Lisa and I have been talking about having a baby too. Not right now, but in a year or so. Fuck, I can't be dad can I?

Anyway, that's all I've got. I am a boring adult.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted August 12, 2003 10:22      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Norm! Wondering where you were...
We looked at a couple of houses last week but they were crap (expensive crap, at that). We're really going to take our time this time and hold out for something really nice. We decided not to put our house on the market until we find something we like. It could be risky because if our house doesn't sell right away that would mean double payments, which would suck but I don't want to sell it and then rush around trying to find something and have to settle. We plan for this next house to be the house we live in for a long, long time.
Anyway, I just got back from 5 days of camping on the Gunflint Trail. If you don't know where that is, it is the northern most tip of Minnesota, just off Lake Superior. It was a lovely trip and very relaxing but the best part was that we were hiking one day and came upon a moose in the water. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. Moose are huge!

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.