my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Summer?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summer?
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2003 23:17      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How's everyone’s summer going?

Anyone gone or going on exciting trips that I should be jealous of?

Considering that I haven't been out of California in four years that would mean a trip to the Nevada desert sounds good.

I'm working at a summer camp all summer. Teaching horseback riding to 4,5,6 and 7 years old. Its fun but tiring.

[ July 07, 2003: Message edited by: Small Wonder ]

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 07:10      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ack...that's a hard age to teach. don't envy you there.

i'm probably going to bulgaria in about 2 weeks. don't know yet. still have to talk to my friend & buy plane tickets. but it should be cool...i've never been out of the country and rossy (my bulgarian friend) is wicked excited and has a lot planned for me

it could be interesting though, her parents don't speak english and i don't know a word of bulgarian.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 10:32      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm bored, lazy, and my PS2 broke. I don't have enough money to buy a new one, so I'll just stay bored. I need a job, too.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 12:51      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
daniel, you should get a dreamcast. for $30 you can't go wrong! games on amazon.com are only a few bucks. it's such a good deal.

anyway...my summer's alright. kinda boring. kinda annoying. i've started working at the old folks home i was at last year. i'm not longer doing maintanence (i doubt anyone remembers that i was) now i'm a waiter. it's easier, i get to be inside and i get paid a little more. actually i'm apparently one of the highest paid waiters despite only being there for about 2 weeks so far. i make more than some girls that've been there for over a year or 2.

other than work my days consist of my trying to improve my guitar skills, hanging out with the homies or trying to get enough confidence to ask one of my friends out.

Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 13:17      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well...Thanks for asking!
Here's what my summer has consisted of so far:

Camping (1 time)
Golfing (5 times)
Beach (1x)
Movies (2x) (I just saw 28 Days Later, which was super good)
Shows (2x)(I saw my favorite local band Lifter Puller and The Mountain Goats)
Weddings (2x)
Books read (3x) (I just finished The Nanny Diaries)
Homeruns at softball (0) I still have about 4 more games to acheive this goal!

I'm old and boring...

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 17:12      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i hjavent been doing anything too exciting.

working. cleaning stalls, grooming horses, riding my horse. It's definitely been a horse filled summer.

Hanson is coming here. YAY!

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 17:23      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
here is what my summer is...

parties
shows
trying to move to portland
going to portland
getting drunk
hot pants everywhere on everyone

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 17:24      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
also food stamps and selling plasma.

--------------------

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 19:36      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have your priorities straight. I'm sure your community appreciates your effort, and the tax increase. -3 cool points for you, woman.

[ July 08, 2003: Message edited by: Daniel ]

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2003 07:45      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My summer has consisted of...

getting a bathroom redone (1X)
Working Weekends (5X)
Weekends at the lake (1X)
Golf, (0X)
Softball Homeruns (7X) eat that Jody!

Hopefully, things will pick up from here...
Hopefully...

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2003 10:39      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SEVEN?!?!?!? Dang! That's a lot of homeruns. I'm jealous. Well, last night I did catch 2 line-drives and made a double-play. So, there! Who needs homeruns?
Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2003 13:37      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hm.. Summer's ok. I actually don't enjoy it too much without school because I have so much freedom that I don't know what to do with it. So far it's been:

• near sinus infection + pink eye
  • 1 wedding
  • 1 day of work for a bastard then quitting at the end of the day
  • 2 movies (Terminator 3, Alex and Emma)
  • a few books (The Hipster Handbook, finishing "Franny and Zooey" by JD Salinger, going to start on "How to be Good" by Nick Hornby, and then eventually reading all of the Harry Potter books that I ordered online yesterday.)
  • Going to see Brand New on Saturday.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2003 22:39      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy:
  • a few books (The Hipster Handbook, finishing "Franny and Zooey" by JD Salinger, going to start on "How to be Good" by Nick Hornby, and then eventually reading all of the Harry Potter books that I ordered online yesterday.)
  • speaking of the hipster handbook, i heard they mention the art school here which i went to for a short time and EVERGREEN in olympia. which is hilarious because neither are hip, especially EVERGREEN! and especially ANYTHING in olympia! olympia is a SMALL TOWN. so i'm assuming that book is horrible and totally inacurate and full of stuff they just assumed was/is "hip"

--------------------

nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted July 10, 2003 01:36      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by k r i s t i n:

speaking of the hipster handbook, i heard they mention the art school here which i went to for a short time and EVERGREEN in olympia. which is hilarious because neither are hip, especially EVERGREEN! and especially ANYTHING in olympia! olympia is a SMALL TOWN. so i'm assuming that book is horrible and totally inacurate and full of stuff they just assumed was/is "hip"

i want to read this book, just because it seems absolutely hiliarious. but i'm not actually willing to spend money on it.

as for this summer, it's been fairly boring. i've just been on the internet all day/night or hanging out with my new girlfriend. although i did quit my job and i'm visiting my dad in north carolina on the 18th.

edited to add: AND HOPEFULLY KRAZYFEST!!

[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: nose over tail ]

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
    kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted July 10, 2003 04:58      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    what I am doing on my summer vacation (as to opposed to the rest of my life, when I am on other seasons' vacations):

- knitting. today I finished up a square for a group patchwork quilt thing. hopefully I can finish my sister's bday shirt in the next couple weeks, since like, her bday was in March.

- baking. okay, well it was only like Tuesday, but for the first time ever I made a pie that turned out (the last two pie attempts were nothing short of pathetic heh).

- wandering. I haven't done too much of this in the last couple days, but I am doing this thing called "26 Things" where you have all month to take pictures to represent 26 ideas. check it out.

- stressing. I'm really good at stressing, but for the moment, it's mostly about this Mates of State concert I've organized in our town. because like, it's only a month away as of tomorrow, and there's still things to be done. eek!

- sweating. whoever said girls don't sweat, they glow is a total liar. because when it gets hot, girls sweat.

- other stuff-ing. like watching little house on the prairie reruns. laundrying. inhaling paint fumes as they waft in from the apartment stairway (which is being repainted in a lovely white with ugly red brick doors, very elementary school-like). eyeing various things on sale, as the big sales are happening now, and daydreaming about all the yarns I want to buy. you know, all the good stuff.

--------------------
    kim
    cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted July 10, 2003 09:14      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    I am working all summer.....
    i have been reading a lot of books at work..
    right now i am reading The Last of the Mohicans, and prior to that i read The Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan, and the Shadow Sorceress by L.E. Modisett Jr.....i also read some book about this female lawyer trying to help out her long lost twin sister in some murder trial.....it was really good.

Other than that i have been swimming and tanning on my days off, and going out and partying at night....and i hope to go away camping on one of my weekends off......but that could be wishful thinking.

--------------------
    Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
    melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted July 10, 2003 10:16      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    I'M GOING TO BULGARIA!!!!!!!!!

i am so totally excited. just ordered plane tickets this morning. the really cool thing is that julia, another one of our friends, is going to be visiting rossy then too.

the sad part is that i'm going to be missing a three-day event that's really near my house, i was planning on volunteering all weekend and staying with my friend who is a working student at the farm it's held at. it would have been way cool to meet all these famous riders but oh well...it doesn't really matter because I'M GOING TO BULGARIA!!!

--------------------
    "why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
    One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted July 12, 2003 11:24      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    This is what my summer has consisted of so far:

- Shows (as always)
    - hanging out and getting to see friends I don't see often, particularly friends that are home from college
    - Hellfest
    - random back and forth trips to Philadelphia
    - movies (saw Bruce Almighty and The Hulk in the last 2 months)
    - books (just finished Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk; now reading The Martian Cronicles by Ray Bradbury)
    - my summer course in pyschology (blech)
    - buying CD's, records, and DVD's
    - wandering around NYC
    - friends' graduation parties
    - sleeping a whole lot

That's been it so far.

The rest of the summer will consist of more of the same.

Some things to look forward to soon though:

- Siren Music Fest in Brooklyn next week (I get to see Hot Hot Heat, Modest Mouse, Ted Leo, Radio 4, The Pattern, !!!, The Kills and more bands at Coney Island for free. Word.)
    - 2, possibly 3 dates on the Strung Out tour (Philly and NYC definitely, possibly Boston as well. There was a New Jersey show but it was cancelled).

--------------------
    *** Barrie ***
    She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
    Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Accident Prone

Member # 191

Rate Member

posted July 13, 2003 18:33      Profile for Accident Prone   Email Accident Prone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    I don't have much money this summer so I'm not doing too much...

Working per usual. I'm taking two classes this summer. I did get to go to Utah 3 weeks ago. I've been going to some shows here and there. I am going to vegas tomorrow. Other than that, just hanging out with friends and doing whatever. We'll see what the rest of summer holds for me.

Posts: 17 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
    Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted July 13, 2003 19:16      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    damn you barrie. i so badly want to see strung out and of course i'm working that night and can't take it off. damnit!!

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.