my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » I wanna shank someone in the throat right now...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I wanna shank someone in the throat right now...
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 04, 2003 16:15      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MOTHERFUCKER!

So about 20 minutes ago the phone rings...my wife picks it up and is on for about 15 minutes in our bedroom...

Turns out it was the bank...they asked her if we had done any shopping at Safeway lately...she responded "No, we don't shop there"...so the lady continues to reveal that there have been some deductions to our account in the sums of $8.00, $120, $150, and $200...all transactions have been performed at Safeway locations on the Menlo Park and Palo Alto area...now for those that don'tknow Cali, that's 2 hours from Sacramento/Elk Grove where I live...

Hello Mrs. Munkey, welcome to identity theft! Enjoy your stay!

Fuckers!!!...in any case, the bank noticed the activity and flagged it as unusual...we rarely use our checkcards for amounts that large, I prefer to rely on checks...anyhow, the bank was cool about it and closed off her account access, the also flagged our account to watch for any other "unusual" activity...we're not responsible for the money lost so that's a relief...I didn't even think I had that much in there to begin with...we've never used the cards online and are very careful of what we do with out statements or anything with personal financial information on it so I'm not even sure how this transpired...but it sucks hardcore...

Anyway, the point is that I hate fuckers that steal shit from other people!...Damn sons of bitches!...I'd love to find the bastard and put a fucking pen knife through his/her jugular right now...I guess it could have turned out worse that this, but that is little consolation right now...

Thanks for letting me vent...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted July 04, 2003 17:33      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah thats pretty fucked. Thank god you are not being held responsible...i take it they are replacing the cash??

Anyways, i heard about this girl that used to work at a store with a friend of mine, and somehow she used to watch people using thier credit cards and debit cards and she would write down any passwords etc.. Attatched to the machine would be this thing that kept track of the numbers of the cards...and they would withdraw money from the accounts.....
thats what i hear anyways......
she got fired....and my friend no longer works at this store....but it goes to show, you need to be really careful with stuff like that...
I know i get pretty careless when using my debit card....i gotta smarten up.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted July 05, 2003 07:15      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that's the reason i can't order anything online. my parents are paranoid of their numbers being stolen.

sucks that it actually happened to you, any idea how someone got your number?

Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted July 05, 2003 12:46      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's happened to me and mom. Someone stole my credit card number and my mom debit card number. It fucking sucks.

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted July 05, 2003 17:43      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
People(thieves) using "yes" cards, that is, cards that are programmed to accept any pin code and that use someone's card number also use card number generators that automatically gives them a valid number.

But here the proximity (after all 2 hours away isn't that far) makes me think it's not what happened to you. Maybe you lost some receipt somewhere and your number was on it.

Anyway, that's a proof that ordering online isn't necessarily the cause for such issues.
I've been ordering online for years and never had such a problem.

My parents never ordered online. Though, one day the bank called them saying that in 2 days they had spent $110, $120 and $160 on phone calls. And yes, it was dollars. Weird. But you know if you're paying with your card at the groceries store and the guy waiting in line behind you has a sharp eye and a good memory, you're screwed !

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted July 06, 2003 18:39      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thankfully... i haven't had that happen to me yet... i've been doing lots of online shopping and such, and usually use my savings card, which is good.

but that sucks. hopefully they can reverse the charges and get safeway to pay for them instead.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2003 18:26      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The same thing happened to both my parents. Where I work, we always get people coming in with stolen and fake credit cards. I take great satisfaction in taking them off them as I know how crap it is to be on the other end of it. Plus I get a £50 reward for each one I retain.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted July 08, 2003 16:15      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i kinda feel okay now about checking my bank balances every day to make sure that noone is using my card... although... the banks charged me $90 to use my visa debit card when i was overseas... fuckin bastards.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.