my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » subway

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: subway
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted June 28, 2003 12:48      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i have never really understood the appeal of subway. all the food is pretty tasteless...nasty tomatoes and bland meat and stuff, all shipped to location from god-knows-where. and yet everyone i talk to loves it, and would rather go there than a local place with much better subs? i don't get it.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted June 28, 2003 14:05      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Subway, but one time I got a meatball sub and the meatballs were all dried up. I almost threw up. The reason I eat there is because there is always one closer than the local shop. I don't even know of any good local sandwich shops.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted June 28, 2003 16:15      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've got a place near where I work called the Beach House Deli...I guess it's a chain, but I think it's a local chain...anyway, they have THE. BEST. SANDWICHES. EVER. We're talking fresh bread, stuffed to the gills with meat, fresh veggies...a "small" sub has got about 1/3 of a lb. of meat in it and is about 9" long...my favorite sub is the "santa Cruz"...Pastrami, cream cheese, pickle, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, wax peppers, avocado and BACON!...you wouldn't think such an eclectic mix would tase good but it does and it's so fricking huge you cant hardly take taht first bite out of it...yeah...good sandwich...

I don't really like Subway...I like my sandwiches edible...the Subway's here are not yummy...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted June 28, 2003 16:26      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i went to a subway in boston. the tuna i got tasted like shit. i don't mean it was just really bad, i mean the sandwich tasted like dog crud. it was yucky. i have stayed away from subway ever since.

i dunno if anyone else has a panera bread near them but i got some french onion soup from them once and it tasted like someone peed in it. my mom agrees with that statement.

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted June 28, 2003 17:51      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
haha subway is so pointless for me. all i would get is something with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and olives.. WOW!

also i hear the meat is really bad. ...like bad as in gone bad and not very good to eat, etc.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted June 28, 2003 18:45      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah that's basically what i ate today, kristin. my brother wanted to eat there so that's where we went... next time i'm definately choosing where we eat lunch. stupid brother.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Accident Prone

Member # 191

Rate Member

posted June 29, 2003 01:27      Profile for Accident Prone   Email Accident Prone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i guess i like shitty food. it seems good enough for me.
Posts: 17 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 29, 2003 03:21      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, the subway near my parents' house is always pretty decent, but most of the people that work there seem to be like, older and not teenagers who are picking their noses before serving you crusty ass bread that they mopped the floor with.

however, I like quiznos better, they have a turkey guac sub which is absolutely delish.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted June 29, 2003 09:37      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Subway, but then again the only thing I can and do get there is the Veggie Delight minus the cheese (because of the whole vegan thing). I'm sure the meat is disgusting, I never ate there when I ate meat so I don't know, but it never looks very appetizing. Mainly I'll only eat Subway food if I'm in an area that doesn't have anything else I can eat (which is most places). If I'm in a big city like NYC or Philly that have Subways but also have places with BETTER food that I can eat in the surrounding area, I definitely choose those places over Subway.

Edit: Interesting tidbit- in NYC, on St. Mark's Place there's a Subway, and they're opening a Quizno's across the street. To me that's almost as pointless as McDonald's being next door to a Burger King (which they do have on another block in NYC... go figure).

[ June 29, 2003: Message edited by: One Girl Army ]

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted June 29, 2003 16:47      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm not too fond of subway... the only thing i get there (on the rare occasions that i go there) is roasted chicken breast, provalone cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, oil and vinegar, on italian bread. pretty plain, but doesn't taste half bad. everything else tastes... half bad.
there are SUCH better sandwich places though.
i loooove sandwiches from whole foods.

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted June 29, 2003 16:56      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to agree that Quiznos is better. Tastier and bigger. Mmm. There's a Subway on campus, and it's pretty bleh. And I'm not a big fan of Subway commercials either. They're really annoying and Jarod just looks like a really bad version Adam Carolla, and that's not saying much..

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted June 29, 2003 18:01      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My boss told me about quiznos. And damn it was good! But i find that after a night out watching bands and stuff, or just cruising with some friends, subway is still pretty good. I mean, the meat is nice and not yucky tasting. I've never had a bad sub, and all the bread is always fresh. Maybe that's just how it is in australia?
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted June 30, 2003 07:41      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have sandwiches in Australia!

--------------------

William for Squilliam

Member # 153

Rate Member

posted June 30, 2003 11:35      Profile for William for Squilliam   Email William for Squilliam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Port of Subs.

--------------------
Bharamanapa

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted June 30, 2003 18:14      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkMunkey:
You have sandwiches in Australia!

i know! how crazy is that!! they've only been around for a few years, because we've been eating grubs and snakes pressed between pieces of bark for the last 200 years. Quite tasty i must say.

kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted July 01, 2003 02:49      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I met a cool aussie chick last week. she said you guys eat lots of asian foods. oh, and she said "crikey!" hehe

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted July 01, 2003 08:00      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sickb0y:

i know! how crazy is that!! they've only been around for a few years, because we've been eating grubs and snakes pressed between pieces of bark for the last 200 years. Quite tasty i must say.

...brilliant sir!

...but don't forget the Vegemite...nothing completes a sandwich like Vegemite.

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted July 01, 2003 12:18      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you prolly know that the guy who "invented" the sandwitch was Mr Sandwitch.

I just wonder if the dog who invented the hot dog was that hot.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted July 02, 2003 00:40      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
haha... vegemite is the best thing ever! i really can't understand why noone outside of australia likes it.

late at night, settled infront of the TV, a cup of hot chocolate and a few slices of toast...hmm... tasty!

my boss just said that it tastes like you're sucking down a jar of salt. interesting analogy.

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted July 02, 2003 01:28      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sickb0y:
haha... vegemite is the best thing ever! i really can't understand why noone outside of australia likes it.

people outside of australia do like it.

also, is there anywhere else that has a 24 hour subway? there's one in seattle.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
WeakerthanNat

Member # 12

Member Rated:

posted July 20, 2003 00:40      Profile for WeakerthanNat   Email WeakerthanNat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i must be the only australian who hates vegemite. promite on the other hand...now thats better.
Posts: 69 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted July 20, 2003 10:00      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I assume Vegemite is what we call Marmite over here. Thick brown salty goo. Absolutely THE greatest sandwich filler of all time. There is nothing better.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted July 20, 2003 11:45      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what is it?
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted July 20, 2003 19:59      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm sorry... but promite sucks ass.
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 20, 2003 23:00      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is a god-damn, god-forsaken Subway next to my work, I mean RIGHT next door. And it is evil. Every now and then if you go in one corner of our store, you will be overpowered by the unmistakable smell of.. subway. Eegggahggh.

But also, since it is RIGHT NEXT FREAKING DOOR, I tend to eat there all the time, since laziness is somewhat higher on my mental list than eating decent food. Anyway, I go through spurts of subway, I'll eat there like 5 times a week for a month or so, then Ill almost die of something or another they put in the food and I'll swear to never eat it again.. wait a month or two, and Im back. Laziness strikes again!

Anyway, usually all I get is white or wheat footlong, with turkey and lettuce and salt/pepper. I mean you cant go too wrong with that. But lately I've been indulging and getting their TUNA sandwhiches... ugh.. so good, yet SOO SOO SOO BAD on SOO SOO SOO many levels. Ugh.

eat fresh. HA!~

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted July 21, 2003 09:34      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i can't stand Subway.....i prefer this place near my house called Mike's Subs...there are a few around here...i guess it is a local chain as well....they are quite good.
Mr. Sub is ok too.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.