my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Finals

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finals
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted June 12, 2003 17:08      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have 24 hours to start and finish my 8 to 10 page paper on the Ahnold movie "True Lies". Who wants to do it for me!

It took me a week to just write the introduction. I rule in the "slow ass paper writing/ world's greatest procrastinator" department. *flexes muscles*

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted June 12, 2003 17:52      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just put "It's not a tum-ah!" because everyone knows Kindergarten Cop is his finest hour.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted June 12, 2003 22:40      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GOOD LUCK!

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Accident Prone

Member # 191

Rate Member

posted June 12, 2003 22:51      Profile for Accident Prone   Email Accident Prone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah i just finished up a 7 page paper recently. not so much fun.
Posts: 17 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted June 13, 2003 11:08      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kindergarten Cop is definitely Ahnold's best movie. Although I must say I actually liked Junior. Heh.

"My dad's a gynecologist. He looks at vaginas all day long."

I finished my paper at like 1am after I realized I didn't want to be working on it all night. Then I got down to buuuusiness.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2003 08:37      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What about true lies was this paper on?
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted June 15, 2003 21:15      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh. The paper was for my film and society class (under the sociology department). I basically said that the movie was a hugely inaccurate portrayal of Arabs through very stereotypical means. Like... all Arabs are Islamic fundamentalist terrorists. It was Arnold (a metaphor for the power and will of the United States) versus an entire ethnic group that was consistantly portrayed as evil. There were no Arab characters in the movie to counteract the stereotype. Of course, before 9/11, the stereotypes were so excessive that it seen kinda comical and silly. But in today's context, it looks rather degrading. It just reinforces the stereotype through comical situations and through a Blockbuster Hollywood production.

So yea. That's what it was about. Pretty lame. But hey, I got it done, yo.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted June 15, 2003 21:27      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where does Jamie Lee Curtis fit into it? Does she represent England and other allies?

[ June 15, 2003: Message edited by: Daniel ]

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted June 19, 2003 19:51      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I finished my finals last week. But now I've started my summer course, so in 6 weeks I'll have yet another final. Blech! Boo to finals.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted June 21, 2003 00:05      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Haha. Ohhh man. I just realized I forgot to talk about JAMIE LEE CURTIS IN MY FREAKING PAPER! I was gonna talk about her and her use of sexuality in the film. But apparently I forgot. But that's ok!

I actually wish I was talking summer courses. I have too much free time and I don't know what to do with it. I'd rather be at school than living at home with the parents. Oy.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.