my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » gas prices

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gas prices
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 20:12      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The movie prices got me thinking (that's a scary thing). How much is everyone paying for gas, now a days?

I think I bought gas at $1.69 a gallon today.

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 20:15      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's like $1.45 a gallon now, but last week it was $1.28. Indiana usually has pretty cheap gas prices.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted June 09, 2003 04:59      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gas oil (which is cheap here) is still $3.04. And regular gas (unleaded) is arounf $4 per US Gallon (well around 1€/litre).
Still, it's not expensive enough.

Yeah, let's keep the gas prices low, even if it entails invading some oil-producing country.
People won't be mad if they can fill their cars up for almost nothing. And, after all, who cares if the planet is unlivable. It won't be before a good 30,40 years. So we're not concerned.

Sorry about the rant but I more and more think that today's human being is like a child with a gun in his hands.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 06:51      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
David, you have to remember that the vast amount of people here in the states have to drive Large SUV's.

Afterall, the trek to the supermarket or to take your kid to school could entail you driving over a 3 foot section (1 meter) of loose gravel. No car can make it over... err, I mean ummm, if there is an accident a car could roll over... err, see, if a driver sits higher up in the vehicle they can see better, because then they are higher than all the cars that umm, nobody is driving... Well, ok, the reality is that SUVs are big and dumb and guzzle gas. But gas is cheap so they can be dirven, and if gas isn't cheap then we can invade a little country that has oil and take it to keep gas cheap. That's why SUV's are driven...

Much of it stems from some people in the US having a bigger is better mentality. It comes from the South, I do believe. Monster trucks for those with small penises started it all, and then soccer mom's with no real lives followed suit. Then came the middle executive who thought he should be the boss, and finally it has trickled down into the lower income areas where people have Cadillac Escalades that cost more than their homes. With all of that vehicle, and not enough income to spread around, gas has to be cheap.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 07:49      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gas here is about $1.55 or so...and that's considered pretty cheap...but I recall when gas was less than a buck a gallon...*sigh*...the good old days...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 08:45      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i found one place that's got it for $1.43 a gallon. if i don't got there it's about $1.50.
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 13:14      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The world's most expensive Mobil station is outside of my school... right before the freeway. It'll cost you $1.99/ gallon for UNLEADED. It's ridiculous. But I seriously think it's owned by the Regents of University of California. I don't know the gas prices if you drive further down for some decent prices.

--Christy

this is probably really bad grammar because I just woke up but I went to bed at like 6:30am. So I'm still not coherent and its really hard to type.

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted June 09, 2003 14:28      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy:
The world's most expensive Mobil station (...) It'll cost you $1.99/ gallon for UNLEADED.

and

quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink
And regular gas (unleaded) is around $4 per US Gallon (well around 1€/litre).

I guess you have to replace the word "world" in your sentence, Christy.

--------------------

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted June 09, 2003 17:52      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, i'm not sure how this works out, but it's 77c a litre in australia. Which is about 55c USD. So, we've got pretty cheap petrol here. At one stage, we had petrol at $1.10 a litre, which is the highest it's ever been in australia. But it's been dropping ever since the war started. Crazy.

It's about $2.90 australian for a gallon of petrol, so, that's $1.90 USD a gallon.

Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 18:31      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Haha! I'm not really thinking. Or thinking at all. I blame staying uber late and not fully comprehending all posts before posting. :X

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 20:41      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it depends on where you go here. some areas are 1.70-1.80 and some areas are 1.49-1.69 and some places are like 1.30-1.40.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted June 11, 2003 21:09      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I work at a Texaco. 74.9p / Litre of Unleaded = £5 PER US GALLON.

Imaginary Weapons Of Mass Destruction aside, perhaps there were alterior motives for Britain allying with the US against Iraq... just maybe?

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted June 12, 2003 10:16      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
gas ranges from 63 cents a litre, to over 70 cents a litre (in canadian funds).

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted June 12, 2003 14:20      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ewan, a US gallon is 3.78 litres, so 0.749£/Litre makes 2.83£/US Gallon so $4,71 /USG ($1=0.6£=0.84€).
Yeah when I lived in England I found the gas was very expensive. And worse : gasoil is more expensive than unleaded !!!

--------------------

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.