my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » movie prices

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: movie prices
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted June 07, 2003 16:54      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i just got my free movie ticket for the matrix reloaded and it says for up to $12 (for the ticket). so i was wondering how much does it cost for you to go see a movie?

for me it's either $8.50 or $8.75. once i get a student ID it'll be $6.50

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted June 07, 2003 17:41      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
$6.50 last time I went, but it seems to go up every year.

* last time was a couple months ago, I think.

[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: Daniel ]

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted June 07, 2003 18:51      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
$8.50, but $6.50 if you sign up for a stupid ass Movie Watchers card (that you have to give all of your information to). No student discounts on movies here in rich La Jolla. La Jolla might be rich, but students are still effing poor.

--Christy

PS. I miss the days when it was $3.75 for the longest time.

[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: Christy ]

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted June 07, 2003 19:38      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In France it's 7€ (a bit more than $7). That's expensive. But it's a pervert trick. Cuz with such prices, blockbusters make a lot of money and so "break records" (every new big blockbuster breaks the last record every time) then people go see it cuz "you're lame if you haven't seen what everybody has seen" and people buy the dvd and so on. So the producers make a lotta money and so can finance even more expensive movies and make the ticket price rise even more and so forth.

It's funny how, in France, we count by the number of people who's seen the movie and in the US, it's basically the money it made...

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 07, 2003 23:11      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its like anywhere from 6.50-10.50 or so depending on if your a student.. matinee showing etc etc.

Still a rip off I guess, but oh well thats inflation for you!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 03:04      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:
In France it's 7€ (a bit more than $7).

yeah, but that's the nighttime price David, if you go in the day it's less expensive.

also, the little artsy theatre near us which shows all sorts of films in their original languages with subtitles (I saw Dogville the other day, you guys won't get it until the fall, nyah-nyah!) offers a discount for those under 25, so I get in for 3 euros. very cool.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 09:55      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WEll depending on where you go...
At Silver City tickets cost either $9 approx. if you are a student, and $12 approx. otherwise.

Now if you go to ciniplex odeon, its probably around $* or $9 bucks.
Its a rip off....but some movies, you just have to see on the big screen.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 15:48      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
holy shit, that is so cheap. here it is up to $14.50. wack.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 16:30      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wasting Too Much Time:
holy shit, that is so cheap. here it is up to $14.50. wack.

$14.50 Canada Dollars = $10.6666 US Dollars

So it's almost the same.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 07:56      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fuck the multiplexes!...fuck them in their fucking asses!

The last movies I saw was in Vegas about a week and a half ago...the tix cost me about $13.00 (6-50 a piece for two matinee tix)...then snacks set me back about $15.00 (popcorn and 2 sodas)...so it was damn near $30 to see a fucking movie...not to mention that they make you sit through like half a fucking hour of commercials beforehand so that they can sell you more shit and try to take more of your money!...fucking fucks!

Which is why I "invested" in a decent 5.1 set up for my house...now I just buy the movies I want and forget about going to the theater most of the time...but there are always those movies that I'll wanna see on the big screen...bastards...if only I could drop the $20,000 I'd need for a DLP front projector system and better amps and speakers ...damn the luck...

[edit: I need a fucking spellchecker!]

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted June 09, 2003 17:58      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, it's usually about $13.50 australian to see a movie. and that's full price - we don't have any price changes based on the time of day. So, it's about $USD 8.80 to see a movie, anytime.

There is however a cinema near my parents place which has a really cheap price all the time, it's like, $8 to see all new movies, which works out to be $5.20 american to see new release movies.

Australia seems to be pretty cheap actually compared to most of you guys... weird. But here we are bitching (in australia) cause it used to be SO much cheaper...

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.