my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » new job!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new job!
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted June 02, 2003 13:12      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I started my new job today. The barn I ride at lost a couple of their employees, so they hired me, part time. I work m-f 7 am-noon and I have 10 stalls to clean and 4-6 horses to groom and tack up. I also get to go to all of the shows and help out. I'm really excited. Hopefully they will let me lunge and drive horses soon.

There's this horse there, Cabby, who has won a few world champion titles. While I was cleaning his stall I couldnt help but think "hmm. I'm scooping world champion poop."

my arms and my back hurt now, but thats okay because i LOVE my new job.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted June 02, 2003 13:25      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure wish I had a job.... but no I got lazy and didn't get one before they were all taken by college kids. I'm pretty much screwed. Have fun scooping poop.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 02, 2003 13:44      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, as usual I need a new job. Unfortunantly "money picker off trees" isnt available right now. Dammit.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted June 02, 2003 16:49      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i want a new job. or at least i want to start my own little design house. hmm. design house. damn i need capital, clients, more skills and all that good stuff.

well... i've got a job anyways. so i'll be thankful!

Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted June 02, 2003 21:59      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I might get a new job at summer camp teaching horsebacking. I hope I get the job.

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2003 00:27      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i want a job like that, but i would have to drive really damn far out i bet to get there.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2003 19:35      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
working at barns is fun as long as your employers aren't assholes. or really really anal about stuff. or just not nice people in general. (yeah, i don't work for her anymore.)

my two beasties just moved home...scooping poop every waking moment is in my future. and they are sooo messy. it's like some kind of sadistic scavenger hunt.

but it's so nice having them at home now...i rode leah for the first time in our back field, and she probably spent more time in the air than on the ground. she just might have a second career as a bucking horse in her future, if she keeps that up...

have fun though lycia...and hopefully once they see you're competent, you'll get the fun jobs.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2003 19:37      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
word. i get free smoothies at work. meh.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2003 20:35      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure they'll let me start doing other things. It's going really well so far. I'm sooo slow at cleanign stalls though. I cleaned solo's stall this morning, and the guy in the stall next to me was like "watch out. that one kicks." i just cracked up. im like..yea. i know, this ones mine.

he poops in one corner. its nice.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.