my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Sum Sum Summertime!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sum Sum Summertime!
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted May 21, 2003 10:41      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
God, this place is sucking...
What is everyone doing for fun this summer? I am working on some crappy high school programs for work so I am stuck in the office most of the summer. Tell me about all the fun you are going to have so I can dream about it being me. (I have been watching the Travel Channel a lot; that is how pathetic I am right now!)
I do have a few weekend camping trips planned that I am looking forward to...I am going fly fishing in Southern MN for Trout and I am going up to the Gun Flint Trail near Lake Superior and Canada to hike, canoe and fish. I love to fish!!!
Jody

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted May 21, 2003 12:47      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well...tomorrow I'm driving to Las Vegas!...yep, Sin City...I'll be hanging out with family and perhaps do the cliche trouist thing and visit the strip...who knows, I might even check out a show or two while there...I'll be there until next Wednesday, so almost a full week...then it'll be back the the daily grind...later this summer I think we're gonna hit up Six Flags...maybe in September...I just wish I had more time off from work...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 21, 2003 13:57      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
maybe you'll come across willyum there. or across some "bumfights" stars?
Anyways, have fun.Dunno if your daughter will be part of the trip (I guess so since you said the whole family). Hope having to look after the kid won't be a party-pooping stuff.
When I was there the treasure Island show was cancelled due to strong winds. Bummer.
or rather: suckers. I mean, come on ! who cares if some unlucky dude gets hit by a cannon or something?
The worst is that they make you wait until the weather gets better but eventually cancel the show. Hey ! have they heard of the high jobless rate among pirates these days ?
oh and : don't gamble too much. You never win at this game.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted May 21, 2003 16:59      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm moving to my ponies to my house, which will be great, no more driving around!

6 of my friends & i are going to the cape for a few days as soon as school ends. not out of the ordinary for me, but i've never gone with such a crowd before and it's quite possible my parents won't be coming with us, or won't be there the whole time. yay.

and i might be going to bulgaria & germany to visit friends later in the summer. i really, really, hope so, anyways.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted May 21, 2003 20:56      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm competing in a couple horse shows. (including the state fair..!!!)

working working working to pay off my stoopid horse. (but i love him anyway.)

hopefully some shows..but most likely not...

getting ready to go to the university of minnesota - morris. woo!

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted May 21, 2003 21:09      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i plan to do as very little as possible, actually. that shouldn't be hard to do.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted May 21, 2003 21:25      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hopefully i will have a job, and then hopefully i will find a job in portland and move there. or if not i will go insane on deciding where to move.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted May 22, 2003 11:21      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
right now i'm looking for a job and waiting for graduation (10 more days!). i'm hoping to work thru the department of defense, and i'm gonna apply to a police surplus store later this week. aside from that i'm just gonna be hanging out with friends as much as i can before we all hafta go off to school
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted May 24, 2003 18:13      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm working at Booster Juice making smoothies.

Also, singing in my band. Um, yeah. My summer.

Might go to Ontario to see Gaffer in July.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted May 26, 2003 08:40      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm hopefully going to get a job or maybe two and work my summer away!

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted May 26, 2003 13:30      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am working at the local steel factory..yaya....working 12 hour shifts.
I had this past weekend off, and had a party because my parents went to Italy for two weeks. It was great.
Other than that, i plan on going camping on my days off...it shouldn't be that bad.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted May 26, 2003 14:12      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll be whacking it and trying to find a job so I can pay for insurance on my cars.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted May 26, 2003 17:14      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I'll be whacking it and trying to find a job so I can pay for insurance on my cars.

Thats more than I needed to know. Heh.

I don't finish school until mid June, and after that, I'm just going to go home and work. I'm trying to find a job, but so far no one is hiring. Someone hire me! What else... hm.. there's that whole "going home and away from the boyfriend" deal for the summer. Blah. I'll probably be working, knitting, and going to a few shows here and there. (Brand New and Rilo Kiley in July! Possibly Chain Reaction Prom with Limbeck in June.) So yea. That's what's going ooooooon.

-Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 27, 2003 23:01      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I live here at the beach and it is so goddamn foggy today its RIDICULUS!! I could hardly see the road on my way home.. bad beach weather

Heh I guess its not such a big deal though cause I hate the beach/sand anyways. Pppptthhh.

Work is my summer plans

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted May 28, 2003 21:08      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
I live here at the beach and it is so goddamn foggy today its RIDICULUS!! I could hardly see the road on my way home.

oh i KNOW! i live in santa monica, and today i thought someone had stole my car cuz i had parked across the street and it looked like there were no cars parked there cuz of the fog. i walked over and there were like 4 cars. meep.

for my summer, i am going to work at tumbleweed day camp for my fifth consecutive year. i think it's gonna be my last time working there (until i'm a poor college student, that is). i'm also gonna go to debenneville pines unitarian universalist camp for a week in july (it sucks that it's only a week long... debenneville is the greatest EVER).

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: murkybubble ]

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
William for Squilliam

Member # 153

Rate Member

posted May 30, 2003 00:35      Profile for William for Squilliam   Email William for Squilliam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am gonna try to get a job and by try I mean sit on my ass and hope opportunity finds me.

--------------------
Bharamanapa

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.