my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Steel City

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steel City
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2003 16:59      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah so i started my summer job at the local Steel factory (Dofasco)....i work 12 hour shifts, and i basically do nothing.....well i DO complete SOME responsibilities...but for the most part, we just sit around.
Anyways,just thought i would share.... i was just sort of excited because this is my first big paying and/or 'adult' type job i have ever had....go me.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2003 19:45      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
can you get me a job?

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2003 22:12      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought my job was pretty cool but now it SUCKS. I work at the university art gallery. This quarter, I've been sitting inside the gallery for 6 hours a week counting people who come in and out. I'm also the bitch that tells people not to touch.

It's gotten pretty old now. Sometimes I'm not in a studying mood so I can read while I work. So I end up sitting there for 3 hours doing NOTHING. Literally nothing. I just sit there and stare.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2003 07:07      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I was a student, I worked at the movie theater near campus. It was a pretty cool job. You would work for about an hour before each show and then sit around for 3 hours. We could eat all the popcorn we wanted and got to see free movies. Not too bad, except for that minimum wage thing. But after I worked there, I got a job selling tix at the large dance/concert venue on campus. I got to see tons of concerts and sit in the box seats in the balcony. Once I saw Annie DeFranco and Prince was supposed to come and sit right next to me, but he didn't show up because his body guards decided (after scoping out the venue all day) that there wasn't a clear enough escape route for him to come and go without being noticed. Whatever.
Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2003 01:14      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Christy, you should take your knitting with you and work on it there instead of being bored for three hours. at least you'd have something to show for your time in addition to the paycheck

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2003 07:38      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish I could get away with doing nothing at my job...*sigh*...but alas, they require me to work...bastards.

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2003 10:26      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah actually working at work stinks.....
Even when i do work, i work for like 7 minutes, and sit around for another 15-20 until the next coil of steel is ready....

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.