my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Wine fucking rocks

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wine fucking rocks
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 17, 2003 00:55      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone else a wine lover?

Shizzle, its pretty damn potent. While not as tasty as mixed drinks, its definintly social, somewhat tasty.. and fucks you the fuck up. Wine shizzles for nizzle yo

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted April 17, 2003 03:02      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
carlo rossi.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lord Dante

Member # 175

Rate Member

posted April 17, 2003 07:10      Profile for Lord Dante   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ohh yess. I am a wine convert. When I first met my wife my exact words were "I am not a wine drinker". Now that is about all I drink. As for it not being as tasty as a mixed drink, give it time. Wine gets better as you grow accustomed to it. Also you will catch yourself starting with the mellow Merlot's and next thing you know you want the dark rick Cabernet. Nothing is nicer then a good Cabernet or Syrah on a cool winter evening by the fire.

Trader Joes is pretty good for wine, good selection good prices. Also they have had one brand that was $1.99/bottle I believe. The Merlot and Cabernet are better then the Chardonnay. They also have another Chardonnay right now that is $7.99/bottle and has 14.8% Alchohol content. BAMMM
Gold lettering on the bottle, do not recall the brand.

Also Ralphs downtown has a great selection. And if you use a Ralph's card when you reach a certain amount they give you a coupon for $10 off your next bottle of wine.

Annnnnddddd Vons, Albertsons, and Ralphs all have a deal that if you buy six bottles of wine at once you get 10% off that set of six. It costs you some cash up front but pays off in the long run if you are buying more wine over time. Then you just have to resist the temptation to not drink most of it that night.

My wife and I bought six pretty good bottles one time in preparation for a road trip up north we were taking soon. Before we had even left after that weekend we had already finished five of the bottles. Soo much for preparations.

--------------------
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Lord Dante
"I have come here to chew bubblegum
and kick ass....
and I am all out of bubblegum

Posts: 17 | From: Santa Barbara | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
WolfDaddy

Member # 182

Rate Member

posted April 17, 2003 08:44      Profile for WolfDaddy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GOOD wine is probably the best buzz one can attain ... mellow, all-over-the-body, relaxing. So CULTURED.

I'm with Lord Dante: a good cab, merlot, or syrah are my three favorite varietals. My favorite winery is Clos Du Bois (that last is pronounced "bwah" NOT "boys"!!) -- their Merlot is terrific: velvety texture, smoky and jammy tastes and smells and best hangover-free buzz ever!

And Dante and NSA, I've always been a wine drinker, whyn't ya ever listen to me at parties?? :-P

Posts: 14 | From: Santa Barbara, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 17, 2003 13:08      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure like wine. Although when we have guests here, I'm mostly the only red wine drinker. I'm definetely into graves(not the tombstones, the region) these days, funny cuz I had many vacations there. Of course I appreciate the really fine wines (pomerols, saint-emilion). Basically I'm much into bordeaux although I've tasted some fine southwestern wines. My grandpa's got a very nice wine collection (mouton laffite, chateau clark) and the average bottle is $15/$20. I once saw a 1931's chateau petrus at my wine dealer. The bottle was $1720. Damn, you'd better not spill it on the floor.

Also, a good wine shouldn't exceed a 13° alcohol, that's what I read.

I'm not a great fan of cabernet sauvignons. I think most of california wines are cabernets, aren't they ?

Funny to read "clos du bois". So french. It means something like "vineyard by the wood"

[ April 17, 2003: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted April 17, 2003 15:51      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i love wine!
it gives you the best buzz ever. So happy...no worries...I find it to be very carefree.
I tend to get really red in the face when i drink wine of any sort.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted April 17, 2003 21:34      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wine feels like a big warm hug. mmm like a fluffy pillow. like panda dog.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted April 20, 2003 19:54      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A good wine is b0ner inducing.

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 21, 2003 06:03      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, wine is rather bullshit inducing. On saturday night, we were invited at some friends for dinner and I brought, among othes, a good 98 Chateau Martillac (which wasn't eventually not that good). And apart from a girl who got one glass, I was the only red wine drinker (others sticking to "rosé" or alcohol free beverages) and I drank the whole rest of the bottle.
At some point I was gonna throw eggs at other houses in the street just for kicks. Well I would if I hadn't been stopped. Come on, it's just eggs, it's fun... aww my fuckin head...

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted April 21, 2003 19:31      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
being a non-drinker i usually don't get to sample fine wines, but i went out to an italian restaurant on wednesday night with a few friends and we had some australian wine. it was a type starting with C... no idea what. but it was a bit dry (so i'm told) with a nice peach after taste (which i noticed).

wine IS nice... except it tastes like shit when you take a little sip of some that's been sitting in your glass for ages. or maybe it's just me.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.