my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » my photo project

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my photo project
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 16, 2003 22:38      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it's so cool... my photo teacher chose ten students' projects (out of 30 or 40 students) to display in the lobby at school, and i was one of the ten chosen. :-D. each of the ten people had between six and ten of their photos displayed. only two people had ten up. and i'm one of the ten!!! i'm practically giddy about it... i just haven't had a talent, at least not one anybody recognized, for so long. when i was little, very little, everyone said i did practically *everything* remarkably well for my age. then until i was twelve, i sang and acted, and everyone said i was quite good at it. and ever since then, i haven't had a distinguishable talent. but now people are saying i'm a good photographer, and it makes me feel wonderful because i really love photography and- i'll admit it- compliments do wonders for my self esteem.

oh, by the way, if you want to see the whole project (only half are in the lobby), click here. the quality is horrible cuz of scanning and the images are really small because shutterfly is a bitch, but i thought maybe people would like to see anyway.

[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: murkybubble ]

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 17, 2003 06:51      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh i forgot to mention that the project is of murals in los angeles. yeah. rock.

--------------------

madrid

Member # 180

posted April 17, 2003 21:59      Profile for madrid   Email madrid   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i saw it when i was eating lunch, i liked yours a lot. i really want to take photo over the summer, but i'm having trouble figuring out when

--------------------
you're wierd is what you are

Posts: 4 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 26, 2003 20:45      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by madrid:
i saw it when i was eating lunch, i liked yours a lot.

...is this a windward person?

--------------------

murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 26, 2003 20:47      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my current project is litho. if anyone is interested, i have made five prints so far. i like the way they're turning out.

--------------------

murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted May 03, 2003 12:58      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by murkybubble:

...is this a windward person?

okay so now i know you are emily. things are making sense now.

--------------------

murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted May 03, 2003 12:59      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i printed more photos... click here to see.
i'm working really hard on this project. i think it's turning out well.
i'm starting to get some groupies. a friend at school, Sasha, steals my reject prints from the photo lab.

--------------------

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2003 13:05      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do your parents know you hang out with transvestite ninjas?

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted May 03, 2003 13:20      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Do your parents know you hang out with transvestite ninjas?

heh, yes.
the vast majority of my friends are gay or bi, and i'm not sure if i have any friends who have never cross-dressed...

--------------------

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted May 04, 2003 22:09      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i like your photos. they look good. real good.
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted May 05, 2003 09:19      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
muchos gracias.

--------------------

murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted May 21, 2003 21:01      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my litho project is done!
i think they came out all niftycool. comments are appreciated, and i'd love it if you guys would tell me your favorites and least favorites and why... it really helps me to know what technique to stick with.

--------------------

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted May 22, 2003 15:47      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like some of the darker ones because the whiteness was too bright for my personal tastes.

--------------------

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted May 22, 2003 17:26      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you mean the ones with black backgrounds?

--------------------

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted May 22, 2003 19:17      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes. Incomplete Angel and Sleeping Beauty and some others are good, but I dont like bright stuff.

--------------------

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted May 25, 2003 12:06      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is kind of a moot point, since you can't see this, but i just mounted most of them on black boards, which dulls down the white a bit.

--------------------

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.