my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » no one cares, but...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: no one cares, but...
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 10, 2003 17:17      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i got my driver's license today!
(yes, i am 17. yes, i am a year behind. yes, i wish i had gotten it earlier).
and i should be getting my dad's old car within 4 months.
freedom... freedom... i can almost taste it...

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted April 10, 2003 17:53      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
is that like... an unrestricted drivers license? or do you have to have a fully licensed driver in the passenger seat?

i'm curious about this, because in australia (New South Wales actually), we have to be 16 to get a permit to drive with a fully licensed driver in the car, and then 17 we get a provisional license, and then at 20 we go onto our full license.

but congratulations!

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2003 17:57      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
congrats! hopefully you're a better driver than me and didn't hit anything on your road test.
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2003 19:03      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congrats! My roommate just go her license a month ago and she's 20!

Just don't crash. Have fun!

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

Posts: 131 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 10, 2003 20:20      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sickb0y:
is that like... an unrestricted drivers license? or do you have to have a fully licensed driver in the passenger seat?

i'm curious about this, because in australia (New South Wales actually), we have to be 16 to get a permit to drive with a fully licensed driver in the car, and then 17 we get a provisional license, and then at 20 we go onto our full license.

but congratulations!

when you are 15, you can get your permit. with your permit, you can only drive with a licensed driving instructor or your parent(s)/ guardian(s) *but you can drive younger people if the required people are in the car*.
when you are 16, you can get your provisional license. for six months, you can only drive people age 25 or over *but you can drive younger people if the 25 year old is there*. you can only drive from 5 AM to midnight.
after six months, you can drive whomever you like, whenever you like (just don't be out past curfew...)
when you're 18, you get your full license. nothing special happens, except sometimes you get to take a new picture. whee.
i'm just happy because my license says i weigh 96 pounds, so people will stop saying that i'm lying when i tell them that (they weighed me at the dmv). ha. i have proof now.

--------------------

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2003 21:26      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cool! 17 isn't being that far behind. i didn't get it until i was 18. but that way i didn't have to take drivers ed, drivers ed is completely pointless.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2003 22:05      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm glad that I didn't have any of those rules against me. When I turned 16 I could drive at anytime, anywhere and with no one or anyone. It was great until I crashed my car!

But then I got a newer cooler car.

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted April 11, 2003 00:24      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
haha... i did that too. my car got hit (while i was in it) and i got a way cooler car... yay for me!
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 11, 2003 06:49      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if i got in an accident that totaled my car i wouldn't get a cooler car... i just wouldn't have a car.
i'm gonna get a '96 black honda accord though... it's all scratched and dented but i love it anyway. i just put it a cd player, and i have a bumper sticker and little converse shoes all set to decorate it.
i need suggestions on a name. my boyfriend has temporarily named it Darko (a la Donnie), but i'm not sure if i want that one forevah.

--------------------

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted April 11, 2003 15:04      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have had my liscence for years..but just recently got insurance.. GO me.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Small Wonder

Member # 172

Member Rated:

posted April 11, 2003 15:16      Profile for Small Wonder   Email Small Wonder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congrats to you too. I'm lucky and my parents pay for my insurance. And it didn't even go up when I crashed my car.

--------------------
"...And Really Bad Eggs"

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.