my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » brain tumor

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: brain tumor
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 02, 2003 17:45      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
okay... so today is the day i find out if i have a brain tumor or not.
the bored was down during the whole stage when my doctors decided i might have one, and during all the tests i underwent...
so yeah, i'm scared shitless.
i'll update when i find out.
eek.

--------------------
...bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Posts: 148 | From: A Beautiful Oblivion | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted April 02, 2003 19:46      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i don't know what else to say, other than good luck.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted April 02, 2003 19:57      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good luck. I hope it isn't a tumor.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted April 02, 2003 20:22      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lets hope it isn't.
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 03, 2003 00:21      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
copied from my livejournal:
i got a letter in the mail today. it was a reading of my brain waves and other fun stuff like that. i had no clue what any of it meant, until i turned to the second page, which was a letter in english, instead of scientific babble.
turns out my brain waves are a bit irregular, but i don't have a brain tumor.
hear that?
hear that!?!??!
bwahahaha.
let's hope someone else is as happy about this as i am... all my mom said when i showed her was "i guess you won't be dropping out of school, then."
my dad said that the tests were a waste of money.
but i don't care about their less-than-enthusiastic reactions, because i don't have a brain tumor.
ha.
hahahahahahaha.
the only bad thing about this is that there's nothing wrong with my brain that can be fixed by some fancy procedure. that means the hallucinations are here to stay.
but fuck, i don't have a tumor, so the hallucinations can suck it.
*dances*
i am invincible!!!!!

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 03, 2003 09:59      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by murkybubble:

turns out my brain waves are a bit irregular

Damn we already knew about that. You should have asked us
Seriously, happy to know you're relieved.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted April 04, 2003 03:28      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you get hallucinations? that's scary? what are they?

my old roommate is a bit schizophrenic (like diagnosed and all). and sometimes when my dumb drgged up roommates gave him pot he would see scary things (like god). and freak out. he was trying to "master pot"

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 04, 2003 13:08      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by k r i s t i n:
you get hallucinations? that's scary? what are they?

Bob: between 30 and 40 years old. wears a janitorial uniform with a nametag that says "Bob." smells strongly of rotting things. tells me to hurt myself. often provides tools with which to hurt myself. has protracted conversations with me where he confirms my worst fears, such as that no one loves me, my friends don't care about me, if i died no one would miss me, etc. he also "proves" it... one night i was hanging out with my friends and he showed up, so i went to talk to him, and he kept telling me that my friends didn't even realize that i had wandered off because they didn't care about me, and i kept yelling at him and saying he was wrong........ and then when i went back to where my friends were, they had all left. i had to wait for an hour and a half in the middle of nowhere until one of their cellphones got reception.

Vanilla Lady: late 20s, early 30s. smells like cheap vanilla perfume. she doesn't talk... just stares at me with a horrified expression on her face. she always wears dresses, and her hair is always mussed up. she's not that bothersome except that she likes to make horror movie style entrances... i'll open the fridge, and when i close the door, she'll be there.

Knife Girl: little kid. she likes to chase me. she cries a lot and screams at me whenever i look at her, because she thinks i only give a crap about her cuz she's a kid. she leaves knives around a lot, like they'll be there the next morning wherever it was that i saw her.

Old Man: creepiest motherfucker EVER. he hangs out in the "library" in my house, which is really just my dad's collection of really old stuff... old piano, old books, old radios, old autographed pictures, old lamps, old cameras... all stuff from between the 30s and late 50s. he's in a wheelchair, which squeaks, so if i forget about him, he'll just roll back and forth. he laughs at me, and it sounds like he's panting for air. i don't think he has teeth. he smells kind of like bacon. his head juts out when he grips the sides of his wheelchair and it looks like he's a turtle or something. he's really wrinkly. he must be really damned old. he has film over his eyes, so it looks like he's not looking at me, but he fully is.

Voices: i occasionally hear voices. they tend to threaten me in really convoluted ways... like telling me that they're going to slice off my eyelids and rub salt in my eyes, or hide thumb tacks in my food. it makes me really paranoid.

Random Shit: sometimes my walls melt. sometimes my stuffed animals move around. my tv jumps up and down sometimes... once i tried to prove to myself that i was imagining it, so i stuck my hand under it, and it came crashing down on it and bruised my hand really badly. my doctor says i must have subconciously hit my hand against something in order to convince myself that my tv really was bouncing. the random shit usually happens when i'm overly tired, while the people and voices come around when i'm really stressed or upset about something.

sorry if this freaked anyone out... you asked.
and thanks to everyone who wished me luck with the tumor deal. i appreciate it.

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 04, 2003 14:14      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You should write a movie script for that, it could be a cool story. But people would have to die and stuff, maybe you could kill off all your old friends you dont like.. to appease the voices.. mhmmm.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 05, 2003 13:58      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
You should write a movie script for that, it could be a cool story. But people would have to die and stuff, maybe you could kill off all your old friends you dont like.. to appease the voices.. mhmmm.

my friend is actually in the process of making a comic about it. i don't think i kill anyone, though... he's making it seem like i can't tell the differences between real people and the hallucinations. i guess that's the "hook" or whatever.

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 05, 2003 14:34      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, just like in Fight Club.
Or like in so many Philip K. Dick novels.
Dick was a genius. He also was on LSD. This explains that.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted April 06, 2003 06:55      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i wouldn't be able to handle that. and now i'm afraid that eventually i might see stuff like that.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 06, 2003 14:21      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by k r i s t i n:
now i'm afraid that eventually i might see stuff like that.

don't be. i've been hallucinating for as long as i can remember... i don't think it just *happens*
(unless you develop a tumor or something, but the odds of that are pretty damn low).

--------------------

Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted April 13, 2003 12:07      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thats wierd stuff! when i was younger and lived at my old house, i used to hallucinate wierd coloured giraffes that would stick their heads through the bathroom window whenever i was in there. it scared the shit outta me! my parents think im crazy for seeing them but i swear i saw something.

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
murkybubble

Member # 164

Rate Member

posted April 13, 2003 21:19      Profile for murkybubble   Author's Homepage   Email murkybubble   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Foo:
when i was younger and lived at my old house, i used to hallucinate wierd coloured giraffes

do you still hallucinate? it started for me when i was little, too.

--------------------

Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted April 14, 2003 19:49      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no it stopped when i moved houses. the last time i've halucinated since then was a few years ago. it was new years and needless to say i was VERY messed! i saw zombies from resident evil walking with rotwielers and they were surrounding me. i was scared shitless

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.