my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Hello, anyone home?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello, anyone home?
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 09:51      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with everyone? It's too quiet around here. I am not being very entertained!
I guess I can tell you all what's been going on with me, since nobody else will talk...
Some of you may have read that I was pregnant, but I lost the baby at 6 1/2 weeks. It was a bit of a shocker because I was doing everything right, but sometimes these things happen. But, I am moving on and we are trying again so hopefully next time everything will go smoothly.
Other than that, we had a bat in our basement this weekend which was so disgusting! Now I know why bats are associated with Halloween, which is my all time favorite holiday, by the way.
Lastly, I just found out that we are going to Alabama during Christmas because my brother-in-law is getting married. Crazy. At least it will be warm!
What is everyone else up to?

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted October 15, 2002 13:00      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for your loss jody. This happened to my sister and she's now the mother of a (spoiled )2 year-old.
As for being quiet here, it's really REALLY quiet. I can't remember when but there were some days when you couldn't read all posts even if you had two or three spare hours on your hand.

Sometime soon I'm gonna marry the Kim. I don't like this situation cuz I'm a bit forced. I would have liked spending a few other years before getting engaged (that's how I go) but I can't afford sending her to the US back and forth every three months. Plus she cannot take advantage of all our social advantages like free dentist, free doctors and medecine. So it's bound to happen. Don't get me wrong, this is certainly something I would have done anyway but, it's getting urgent cuz we're getiing broke (well I'm getting broke... it's MY money after all ). I'm kidding, she's really annoyed by the whole "not being able to bring some money home or even work" thing.

I don't like halloween. USed to. But not anymore. JUst like Xmas. It's all become so commercialized that it's over the edge. I think we crossed the thin line between being actors and being victims. Now, people party on halloween because big corporations make it happen and make us want to do it. Though I'm no partypooper. I just like things when they're true and real.

oh, and I've seen Nerf Herder live for the third time. That was the highlight of the last two months

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 17:46      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jody i am really sorry to hear about your baby..but i am glad to hear that you aren't letting that stop you. Keep trying because it will happen.

Well...i love halloween...I guess i have fallen victim to those greedy corporations because its always an excuse to party and drink for me and my friends! I love costume parties...the things people come up with are just hilarious...THis year should be good...

Tomorrow is my birthday..i will be turning the legal drinking age (19)...which excites me beyond belief...as sad as that sounds, its true...all my siblings are getting together which will be nice because i never get to see my brother and my older sister is hardly ever home...so it will be good to all get together...my friends are all coming too so just about everyone i know will be there..

Other than that, school is going good...i am finally getting used to it...hopefully i feel this good about it after mid terms which are next week.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2002 09:15      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Jody. But I'm glad that you're moving on and trying again. Good luck.

David! You + Kim = Married sooooon? That's nuts. I talked to Kim on Sunday night/ Monday morning during my radio show. She got all easily excited when I played songs with French in it. Oh man. That's really exciting news. <3

Happy birthday Cassie! Umm.. don't drink yourself to a bloody death. Yes. Ok.

And I was never allowed to dress up for Halloween. So when the holiday comes around now, I don't really care about it because that's how I grew up thinking. My parents hated it. I was never allowed to dress up, get candy, etc. So I just didn't care after awhile. My roommmates want me to dress up like a chola. I don't know if I'm gonna do it or not. Oh. I also hate being scared. That's probably another reason why I dislike Halloween.

As for other things... Things with me have been good and bad. Sometimes it feels that I'm bipolar.. and I suffer from anxiety disorders. I have a session with the school psychological services on Monday morning. Sometimes I feel like bursting into tears, and other times I feel like the day was the best day of my life. So I don't know. I just know that I don't want to take drugs in order to "cure" or to alleviate these problems. I don't even take asprin, so why go a step further with paxil?

Eh. And now I have to run to work. Hooray.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2002 20:40      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday Cassie. Maybe i'll get around to posting you that CD i owe you sometime soon, i promise it'll come, i just don't know when.

Well i've been doing my final exams for school, only 4 to go. I've finished my exams to graduate high school now i've just got to sit my tertiary enterance exams to get into university. Should be no worries, still got 3 and a half weeks before we go back for those.

Well since i finished the first lot of exams last Friday i've been doing, well, nothing. Everything seems to revolve around exams now, but there's still time for the odd party and there's never a shortage of social drinking. Better make the most of the underage drinking time. We all turn 18 (legal drinking age here in Aus) next year.

The seemingly random acts of terror up in Bali ruined my plans for after exams. Me and a few friends had a trip planned up there in December but now we don't know if we'll even go across. If we do they just blew up the only two decent places to drink in all of Kuta. Alas.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2002 23:47      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like how I get a "the" before my name.

I'm doing the exact same stuff. The end.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2002 07:23      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aw, thanks for the well wishes guys! I am bored at work (it's our slow time) so I'll respond...
David and Kim getting married! The first board marriage Well, I understand the hesitation...Scott and I dated for 5 years before we got married. But, he didn't have benefits at his job either, so the marriage thing came in pretty handy. Plus, it sounds like you guys are already sharing money and that is one of the major things that separates dating from marriage in my opinion.
Anyway, I don't like Halloween for the commercial aspects. I don't dress up or go to parties even. Don't even like to hand out candy (I turn all the lights off and act like I'm not home). I think I just like it because it is in the thick of Fall and I love the season--we have a pretty extreme Fall in MN. Something about Fall makes me feel very nostalgic and it heightens all of the senses. Plus, I love pumpkins. I don't like to carve them (although I love to bake the pumpkin seeds). I just like how they look and orange is my favorite color.
Well, it's been lovely sharing with you guys. Back to work...

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2002 08:12      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the fallin MN is GORGEOUS! so many tree's to turn so many colors. I love it.

I don't dress up anymore for halloween..but my favorite local band is doing a show on halloween night which I am going to..its their last show But they've been doing this skalloween thing for 5 years..Its the highlight of october for me.

I have my 2nd interview at Best Buy today. I'm a little hesitant about working there because I found out that they are open until 11 during the holidays, ,so I wouldnt get home until 12.

I think its sick that stores make their employees stay until midnight so they can make a few extra bucks. It's not like we see anything extra. bah humbug.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2002 22:53      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well im still alive.. still expecting.. and still slaving away to the man 40 hours a week and attempting to maintain a decent GPA. School is weak sauce, but work is worse. Nothing but change change change.

On a decidedly better note.. I recently obtained two great DVD sets.. "the History of Beavis and Butthead" and the "Beavis and Butthead Collection". In total there is something like 60-70 B&B episodes. Im so in heaven right now

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted October 18, 2002 16:20      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
we don't really celebrate halloween that much in britain. the kids go round asking for sweets and stuff, but it's not really a big thing.
i'm nearly 18 now - how scary is that? only 36 days to go! i've applied to all my universities now and all there is left to do is wait. oh yeah, and get the grades i need to get in.
does anyone remember matt, my boyfriend who used to post on here years ago? well, if so, we are still together. that's 2 1/2 years now nearly. scary.
anyway, i have shitty work tomorrow, so i really should get some sleep.

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
William for Squilliam

Member # 153

Rate Member

posted October 19, 2002 12:25      Profile for William for Squilliam   Email William for Squilliam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am here. I have been going to school. I plan to change my major at the end of the semester. I met a girl who makes me really happy. Life is decent. Halloween is usually not much for me, though I like the idea of it. I may dress up this year. Who knows.

Graemlins.

I may add I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday morning. It didn't hurt a whole lot and I get drugs. Drugs. Drooling blood on my pillow isn't neat though.

[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: William for Squilliam ]

--------------------
Bharamanapa

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted October 19, 2002 19:28      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello.

I am jobless again. For a few months I was managing the shop where I used to work, but then it got closed down a fortnight ago.

I met a girl and it was going well, but she turned out to be an obsessive Welsh drug addict. It didn't work out.

My Bill Hicks DVD arrived this morning. Which is nice.

I also saw Nerf Herder for the third time. And Psoma for the first. But I had to spend the night in a car park tramping it up hobo style.

Kim & David. Mad. Congratulations!!

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted October 19, 2002 20:12      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yep. i still don't have a real job. fuck the real world. but things are getting somewhat better in that i'm getting more responses and interest and possibilities. maybe soon.

my girlfriend still rules, and is doing great. maybe i can become a housewife or something.

finally got a new car. a 99 jetta. heard they're risky, but love driving it for now. gonna play with it after the winter and make it better.

and nerf herder is finally coming to my city in december with ultimate fakebook. i'm excited. i'm not so excited that the guns n roses tickets were 45-55 dollars. thats way too much for Axl and the Wannabes.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted October 20, 2002 19:34      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
speaking of fall, and leaves, and stuff...the really fun thing about fall in new england, as i've discovered, is that i can add a bunch of phrases when swearing at people while i'm driving. this morning's favorite: "what the fuck do you think you're doing, you fucking inbred leaf-peeping motherfucker of a flatlander?! going to sniff some more goddamn candles?! well, fuck you!"

i amuse myself sometimes. (note: i don't actually roll down the window and scream/beep at these idiots, i just enjoy swearing loudly in the car...)

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.