my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » I need a radio show name.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need a radio show name.
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 16:18      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I now have a radio show at the school's internet radio station. But I have no idea what to name it! I need some heeeeeeelp because I'm unoriginal with picking names... And I usually pick something retarded like "wicked hot sea otters" or something like that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! And I would love you forever. And ever. and ever. <3

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 17:23      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Rock Show With Christy Kwan

The Rock Shoe With Christy

The Cock, Cher.

Months without posting and all I have to say is this.

How about New Noise?

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 17:49      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Hot Sex Music Hour
The Vibin' Hour of Funkiful Grooves
Hummmmm...

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 18:53      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
new noise sounds catchy.....what are you going to be playing?

a friend of mine just got a slot at my schools radio station...they are playing pure funk tunes...
it should be interesting.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 20:00      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like New Noise too...

Some others:

Harmonic Dischord
Notes From The Underground
The Spin Cycle
Radio Free Arcadia (From the Captain Harlock anime series *dork* )
Simian HiJinx

...feel free to use any of these...but maybe just give me shout out if you do .

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 22:58      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Haha. Simian Hijinx. I like "The Hot Sex Music Hour." I'm contemplating my friend's suggestion of "Wicked Hot OP Shorts" just because its funny and retarded. And yes. "New Noise" is another good contender.

The school radio station is ksdtradio.org. It's internet only. So listen in. I DJ on Sunday nights/ Monday mornings from 12am to 2am. (The current online schedule has some bugs in it. It says I'm on from 1am to 3am. But I'm not. Midnight to 2am.!)

There's a strictly enforced music policy about playing non corporate rock/ popular stuff that can be heard on the local "modern rock" radio station or MTV. Or even indie bands that are somewhat big. It's basically independent punk, metal, ska (well.. not so much.. but I'm gonna try to bring some ska into my show), funk, electronic, dance, whatever! I heard we can play old Get Up Kids, but not the new stuff. But I don't want to flirt with danger just yet cause I don't want to be suspended from the station.

I'm mostly going to play indie, punk, and hopefully some ska. But I do try to honor all requests I get.. which is not many because people apparently don't listen to internet radio when I'm on.

--Christy

PS. I can't spell...

[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: Christy ]

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 05:47      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
its all about the music
or
christy plays music
or
kiddy thinks of gay names cos hes a boring loser

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.