my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » i am an idiot and i need your help.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i am an idiot and i need your help.
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 14:08      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so two weeks ago, i was skateboarding and i fell on my ankle and hurt it. come to find out, it wasn't broken, but sprained. and it had been doing good for the rest of the two weeks. but today i decided i would do a little bit of skating and i fell on it again. everything is intact and i can tell it isn't broken. but it's swelled to the size of a golf ball and it hurts like all hell. it basically feels like it did when i hurt it the first time.

so thats where i need your help. should i a.) tell my mom and see what she says (rendering me grounded and not being able to go to the cursive + thursday show) or b.) do what i did the week i was in physical therapy and nurse it back to health and not tell my mom (therefore, not getting grounded and being able to go to the cursive + thursday show)?

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted September 29, 2002 14:42      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
or c) go to hospital
A sprained ankle if not well healed can give you serious walking issues when you get older.

D'you wanna be called "limp" ?

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 14:53      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, if it is sprained, they'll just tell me to do what i did last week. that was do some small excercises on it, ice it everynight, and get back into walking on it. last week, i was walking on it at home within two or three days.

[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: nose over tail ]

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 05:02      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
id stay quiet
i had a similiar problem
2 days before i left to go holland to race bikes i got pissed with my mates we went out and on the way between 2 clubs i climbed a railway fence and did a massive karate kick off it i landed on the ball of my foot really bad ,the next morning i woke up and couldnt walk i couldnt even touch my foot without it hurting ...so basically i couldnt tell anyone i suffered like a bitch till eventually about 2 weeks later the pain went away .....
so yeah keep quiet no injuries worth missing out on seeing thursday for

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 10:24      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kiddy:

so yeah keep quiet no injuries worth missing out on seeing thursday for

Some are in my last year of minor hockey I was taken into the boards funny and tore a ligament in my ankle. I had to miss a LTJ show cause I was on crutches.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.