my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Sometime soon, or maybe just yesterday...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sometime soon, or maybe just yesterday...
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 26, 2002 06:48      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RJ, the punkmunkey turns/turned THIRTY!

Happy birthday young man.

Congrats on the milestone and I hope everything is going well with you, Amy, and Caitlyn.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted September 26, 2002 07:31      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
How does it feel to have your 20s behind you? Thank god I've got another year to go

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted September 26, 2002 07:50      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank You!...It happened on Sunday... ...luckily, much food and many alcoholic beverages were consumed the night before to help dull the pain of aging ...

Oh, to be in my twenties again...*sigh*...

In all honesty, it's not much different (other than the fact that all the older people I know are giving me a ration of shit and telling me it's all downhill from here on out)...I think that with everything that's gone down in the past few years (like getting married, having a baby, et. al.) I've kinda been gradually preparing myself for "adulthood" anyway...

What's even more of an eye-opener is the fact that my nephew turns 8 this Saturday...it literally seems like yesterday that we had his 4th birthday party...the kid is growing so fast!...watching him grow (along with watching Caitlyn grow) if a far more sobering experience than actually aging...

The one interesting thing that I noticed was that when I went to pick up some beer, the clerk at the register carded me, she then proceeded to act amazed when she saw that I was 30...she told me that I looked younger than some of the 24 year olds that she'd crossed paths with...the scary thing is that I was actually flattered by that statement...there was a time (back in my twenties ) that I'd be pissed that I was getting carded at all, now I'm flattered...how times change...

I must be getting old.

I hope all is well with the both of you...and remember...your time will come!

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted September 26, 2002 08:14      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
happy birthday

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted September 26, 2002 17:00      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i feel old at 21! but happy birthday RJ!
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted September 26, 2002 19:02      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
happy birthday RJ!!!!

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted September 26, 2002 19:31      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
happy birthday! it seems weird to have someone almost as old (but much cooler!) as my parents on the board.

[ September 26, 2002: Message edited by: nose over tail ]

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted September 26, 2002 22:34      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow happy birthday....
This seems to be a popular time of year for birthdays....
I know mine is coming up in 19 days....the count down begins...

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn

Member # 146

Rate Member

posted September 27, 2002 00:24      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday!
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2002 06:58      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
happy birthday! it seems weird to have someone almost as old (but much cooler!) as my parents on the board.

Actually RJ is almost as old as David, who is much closer in age to your parents. Me, I am just almost as old as RJ.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2002 19:09      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
norm, that sounds like the beginning of a very vague algebra problem. "if norm is almost as old as RJ, and david is older than RJ but younger than jeremy's parents (that's his name, right? or am i horribly confused), than how old is jody?

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted September 27, 2002 23:32      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol, i got in trouble in fourth grade cuz we had one of those problems (except it was how tall is so and so), and the teacher asked "why are these problems important?" and i raised my hand and said "i don't think they are."

early wisdom, i say.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 28, 2002 00:23      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. 22 seems so unimportant, I guess Im happy for that. I guess.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted September 28, 2002 09:57      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah...i guess my turning a measly 19 isn't so big of a deal anymore...
Except that that is the legal drinking age here....so its a big deal to me....
-

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted September 28, 2002 09:59      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
and remember...your time will come!

my time has already come but "you will understand when your time comes" is one of my favorite sentences.

Actually, I'm not as old as Norm said. I'm still 30 too. But I'm sure the oldest on the board (well, until Super Dad Bill Roe comes back ).

Aging isn't really a problem, it's more what you do when you're 30. You got many more responsabilities and you think you get a hard time trying to stick with all the other activities. But, hell, you can do it. I often realize that because I'm 30, I try to stay fit and funny and open-minded, and then I realize that a lotta kids are just less fit or funny or openminded. For instance I drove with some friends to a Nerf Herder show last night. It was a 3 hour driving to there (and, well, 3 hour driving back after the show too). And the night before I had a 3 hour night only because I overworked and stuff. Well, know what ? I met some twenty-year olds at the show who told me they wouldn't have done that cuz it was too much.
Who's the old guy now ?

It's all in our heads man, what society puts in it. You can face it. I know some 50 year olds who are fit and funny and smart and full of energy.

Well, RJ, happy birthday, enjoy your life just as much as you enjoy it when you were 20 and just as much as you enjoy it when you're 40 !

Btw, starting 30, it's all downhill you know. Just like with a bike a skateboard or on skis, enjoy the ride...

And phil, don't feel old cuz you're 21. Everything's promising and amazing and exciting. It's right fucking out there.

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 14:01      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so who is the youngest on the bored then? i'm 17, 18 in two months. i may be a contender for the title, methinks.

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted September 29, 2002 14:25      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny:
so who is the youngest on the bored then?

Definetely it's Caitlyn.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 14:48      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by melissa:
norm, that sounds like the beginning of a very vague algebra problem. "if norm is almost as old as RJ, and david is older than RJ but younger than jeremy's parents (that's his name, right? or am i horribly confused), than how old is jody?

wow, that is my name!

[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: nose over tail ]

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 17:36      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
haha, yeah, i'm not stalking you, i've just got a photographic memory...and it only works on the most random of things. for instance, vocab words cannot be memorized, but i can remember the names and places and ages of people i've never met...

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.